GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Options
    I liked them. Got my bills fine and they were cheap.

I have moved 3 accounts away due to the increase from November.

My electric standing charge going up by 15p per day and my unit rate going up 4p per unit. Gas going up 9p per day standing charge and 1p per unit.

I think the person at GB Energy who "makes up" the prices must think we are dolly-dimple!

Will check their prices again next year and see how they compare.

I do feel sorry for the staff working there. For me as an energy supplier they have went from hero to zero overnight.
  • Scankguy
    Options
    I switched in May when they seemed very cheap compared to Scottish Power. Selected a fixed tariff to change to but somehow ended up on a variable and didnt notice. Price hikes now with a very large increase due in November, suspect original prices were a hook. Off to Daligas and IRESA next...
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm more than happy with them - fixed since April and I shall be looking at what's around, next March just before the the fix s due to end. If they have a decent deal I'll stay if not I'll leave.

I really cannot understand why anyone would want to go onto a variable tariff, especially as there isn't a penalty for leaving or swapping.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • regional
    regional Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Moved to GB Energy because the Energy Club with MSE advised it was a better deal, based on my actual usage for 12 months.
    Not actually moved yet completely because I have an Independent gas supplier which causes delays apparently but already my DD has increased by 20%, and as my previous supplier is still charging me this is proving to be anything but an easy switch , GB donot reply to emails and do not pick up calls. I should not have moved .
  • Enigmatic_Me
    Options
    I too have just moved as posted above and am on the Fixed tarriff. The initial cost was based on my consumption last year.

I have made two payments to them already. They have not sorted out my gas yet so I cannot submit readings.

Last night I received an email they they are also increasing my DD??
    Only by £5 per month but that is not the point. They haven't even got any of my usage yet :mad::mad::mad:
    The best things in life are free.....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I too have just moved as posted above and am on the Fixed tarriff. The initial cost was based on my consumption last year.

I have made two payments to them already. They have not sorted out my gas yet so I cannot submit readings.

Last night I received an email they they are also increasing my DD??
    Only by £5 per month but that is not the point. They haven't even got any of my usage yet :mad::mad::mad:

They will have received the Estmated Annual Consumption (electricity) and Annual Quantity (gas) figures from the data collectors on switch so it is possible that GB believes, based on historical data for your property, that you have under-estimated how much energy you will use over the next 12 months. Bear in mind, you will only be billed for the actual energy that you use.
  • sd99
    sd99 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I switched from EDF at the start of September (1yr fix before the rises) and have had no real issues. I did just receive a letter saying my direct debit was being reduced from £54 to £47 which seemed a bit strange as I've yet to receive my first bill... does anyone have any indication of when I might actually be asked for a reading and receive a bill?
  • westv
    westv Posts: 6,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I moved to these guys in August. Got an email yesterday to say they were reducing my DD as they thought I was paying too much.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sd99 wrote: »
    I switched from EDF at the start of September (1yr fix before the rises) and have had no real issues. I did just receive a letter saying my direct debit was being reduced from £54 to £47 which seemed a bit strange as I've yet to receive my first bill... does anyone have any indication of when I might actually be asked for a reading and receive a bill?

If your transfer of supply went through on the 10th then you will be billed each month on the 10th. GB will ask for a meter reading on the 3rd - in the example above - respond on the 10th and you will get an accurate bill. Respond on the 5th and they will estimate your bill for the 10th. Doesn't make a lot of sense but that is how GB works.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Same as Westv - moved in August and email reducing DD yesterday.

Wish their website was more informative- no record of DD's received or of meter readings made.

I do keep my own spreadsheet to keep track of readings.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport