Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• gravel_2
    gravel_2 Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I applied last week, got 'our team need to think about this application'. Today I received three identical letters with my authorisation code.

I notice the deal has now been pulled. Am I still eligible?
  • shazzablue
    Options
    only way to find out is to phone...good luck!
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gravel wrote: »
    I applied last week, got 'our team need to think about this application'. Today I received three identical letters with my authorisation code.

I notice the deal has now been pulled. Am I still eligible?

If your application is in the 'pipeline' then you are fine

I haven't received my authorisation code- yet- (sent out Thursday last week) so phoned to check today. They offered to send a new code, but better wait until tomorrow and if necc order another then.
    Panic not
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Beartricks
    Options
    Like an idiot I waited until after pay day to switch and now they've pulled the deal. I guess I'm doing TSB instead now.
  • topcat105
    Options
    I also got 3 identical letters with my authentication code.
    I tried to enter it but after retrieving my application details just got a message saying the team are looking at my application and still need a few more days!
  • WhyohWhy
    WhyohWhy Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    andyw3 wrote: »
    I went on online chat to CB but didn't get a straight answer and couldn't get through on the phone.

I started my application last week when the £250 offer was running. Had to wait for code in the post to complete application which arrived and was entered today, including entering details of account to switch. It was at this point I guess the application was 'completed'. I received confirmation emails but no mention of the switching bonus.

Anyone in same boat and knows whether or not I'll get it?!

Thanks

I had the criteria for the bonus email a couple of days later so don't worry.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beartricks wrote: »
    Like an idiot I waited until after pay day to switch and now they've pulled the deal. I guess I'm doing TSB instead now.
    For future reference, using the switching service allows you to choose the date in the future for the switch to start, to suit your circumstances.
  • J89eu
    J89eu Posts: 36 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Annoying that they pulled the deal, I am waiting for a call back from them as they don't have my address in their postcode search and have no way to enter it manually. Called Saturday and they said they would call me back on Friday... :(
  • SpiraliS
    SpiraliS Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Applied for B Account on 26th. Nearly a week later still getting this:
    The team at B need to go over your application in more detail. We’ll do this within two working days then send you an email or text to log in and see our decision.

Presumably they are just working their way through hundreds of applications? I still don't even know if they will honour the £250 switch offer, but I sure hope so as I applied before the offer was pulled.
    June 2018 diary:
    Debt: £13,169.83 (all on 0% CC til Sept 2018, repaying £500 a month)
    Mortgage: £191,000 (on Repayment, 5-yr fix @ 2.39%)

Savings: £12,300 in various accounts @ between 1-5%, milking until August when will pay off CC
  • ToTo_Man
    ToTo_Man Posts: 126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apologies if this is a daft question, but when setting up the DDs on my B account, what is the correct information to give to my utility providers? Do I write "Clydesdale Bank" as the name of the bank, or "B", or.... ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure