Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Options

Comments

• WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to add thanks for everyone's comments on the walk/run challenge - seemed easy at the start but then life gets in the way a bit but I managed it.

Not sure about what next - I need a little goal or challenge to make myself do something. Will have a little think about it and get back to you!
  • phoenix_dragon
    Options
    Hi all. LL thank you. The c-section wasn't wonderful, and I was right to fear the postnatal ward. PND made everything so much worse, but antidepressants saved my life (literally!). Life is actually pretty good now; we've finally got somewhere to live in a housing association so with cheap rent, DS is doing all sorts of wonderful things like walking and playing on his own with his toys and books, and DH finally has a permanent job. However, I tried to come off of the ADs in the last few weeks, and the less said about that, the better. I am now back on them and feeling normal again.

Funny how depression makes everything so negative, even the stuff that you previously thought was positive. It's like a disease, infecting everything good.

Bitsy DS is 11 months. I think we'll be sticking with just the one child.

My uncle fixed the overflow pipe on the bath this morning, so I can't have a shower until later tonight, to be safe, so I'll be leaving the fabbing until then. However, I have done 10k steps each day for the last couple of days, and I used some body exfoliator that I had lying around in the shower. It was rubbish, but smelt lovely.

Today I'll be studying and baby wrangling.

WelshWoofer I just want to say well done for hitting your weight loss target, and doing 102km is amazing. You're an inspiration to me.
    HSBC Credit Card £608.69, HSBC Overdraft: £4123.67, HSBC Loan: £8,270.69
    Lloyds Credit Card: £1418.62, Very Account: £518.99, Barclaycard: £126
    Total Debt as of 9th June 2020: £15066.66
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today's fabbiness was hair pre treatment and hair mask, lots of handcream and just about to do my nails, attempted to dehard skin feet and also a face mask and exfoliate and also 6 Week 6 Pack - boy can I feel my fitness has dropped over the last 2 months after that horrible virus. Oh well onwards and upwards to get back up and further from where I was before
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    Options
    Did my walk today. Going to stick to 15 mins minimum for these 28 days. Then gradually increase it in the new year.

The dog played up something chronic so made it not very pleasant. Running across roads and eating dog poo! Not normally so mad.

Little bit of fabbing. Started using a facial oil before moisturiser in the morning. It's a Decleor sample.

Didn't get much sleep so I think a super early night is needed with lashings of night creams and lotions :)

:A
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I popped in right at the start of this thread to say that I was going to join you again and I haven't been posting so I am going to try again :)

Sorry to hear so many of you are having a tough time.

Now I have made a start to my fabbing by getting my things ready for the rest of the week, and I have chosen smart clothes that make me feel good, so that I have time to style my hair and put some makeup on in the morning.

We have taken steps to start eating a bit more healthily and I have managed to drop a few lbs in weight (only a few stones to go) and I have been working towards the 10k steps a day. I aim to drop a dress size by the start of the new year.

Other than that I am trying to get our home and lives running a bit more smoothly :)
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    Options
    morning all.
    Just a quickie I'm afraid :) working from home and busy already, but sitting with henna on my hair so got some fabbing done :)

Still a bit under the weather but definitely on the mend so will be back at the gym tonight which always makes me feel better.
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning

Well yesterday was not the best of days. We'll just draw a veil over that one:(

Today is a new day.

Am bathed and fragrant, time for second breakfast, a supermarket sweep, and take some things to the charity shop;).

I've put all my unwanted unloved moisturisers etc in a basket and am working my way through them, using them on my very dry legs, feet, knees, elbows. With a bit of luck I will get through them before the house move and I will have nice soft skin.

I have started to use Oilatum again in the bath, rather than normal bath products. My skin does feel better for it. Even Sanex was making my legs itch.

Tonight I will be going out for a meal with the book club group, should be fun.

This afternoon will have to make some essential phone calls re the house sale and deal with some mail that has been sat on my desk for several days.

At least it is warmer here today. A pale wintry sun is poking through and there's just enough blue in the sky "to make a pair of sailor"s trousers" as my gran used to say.

Have a good day.
  • Everhopeful09
    Options
    Evening all,

Felt very strange today not going to work and was out of sorts all day, just pottered about.

Have fabbed myself up as out for pub grub and off to see War of the Worlds, no idea what to expect.

Have a lovely evening all. Eh xx
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    Options
    Take it easy Eh. It's probably quite a shock to the system. Keep focusing on the stuff/paperwork you need to do to keep busy :)

Walk done. Put make up on (used a sample of foundation to use up).

Had a good early night last night. Will do the same again tonight. As feeling very tired after flyladying and decluttering.

Keep fabbing.
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A reasonable day here today :)

I managed to get my hair and makeup dome this morning and it was lovely being organised and having time to make an effort, I even put perfume on :D

This evening I have enjoyed a home cooked meal and some quality family time as well as spending a wee bit of time on my hobby. Now I am going to watch one of my favourite shows before retiring early with a good book.

I did try to up my steps but I have only managed 3 1/2 k so plenty of room for improvement ;)
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure