IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fight the French

Options

Comments

• Cygnus_Alpha
    Options

Welsh Minister - you have forever lost my vote, for years we are told politicians lie however never in my wildest dreams did i ever think they would lie about something that can be disproved so easily..

Shame on you and any of your people who helped find this case for you to use as an excuse to get out of helping persecuted staff at the Heath Hospital.

Somebody needs to step up and step in to resolve this - obviously it looks like the welsh assembly has finally shown itself to be the utter waste of funding and space that many of us believed it would be initially.

What would be good - would be all NHS Staff standing together to say NO - NO More - the 16 unions on site were a party to a deal and refuse to help also.

Thank you all for your support with this x much appreciated

Agreed. The Welsh Minister has shown himself up to be a weasel and absolute disgrace. The unions are not much better.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Agreed. The Welsh Minister has shown himself up to be a weasel and absolute disgrace. The unions are not much better.

It's not just the Welsh Minister who has a title of "PLEB" ????
    THEY ALL DO?

The biggest a*shole of all time is the smirking Jeremy Hunt

He now spends £44,000 on a new bathroom.

I wonder if Indigo helped to keep his stupid mouth shut ???

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt splashes out '£44,000 for a designer toilet and new bathroom for his office

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4787538/Jeremy-Hunt-spends-44-000-private-bathroom.html
  • Ryandavis1959
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    It's not just the Welsh Minister who has a title of "PLEB" ????
    THEY ALL DO?

The biggest a*shole of all time is the smirking Jeremy Hunt

He now spends £44,000 on a new bathroom.

I wonder if Indigo helped to keep his stupid mouth shut ???

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt splashes out '£44,000 for a designer toilet and new bathroom for his office

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4787538/Jeremy-Hunt-spends-44-000-private-bathroom.html
    That's absolutely disgusting behaviour, for that amount of money the government could have written off hundreds of these "fines" instead they spend it on furnishing their toilets! :(
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's absolutely disgusting behaviour, for that amount of money the government could have written off hundreds of these "fines" instead they spend it on furnishing their toilets! :(

Who said the government paid ?????
  • Cygnus_Alpha
    Options
    Well, the deadline for the FOI request came and went. After 5 weeks I issued a reminder. Still no reply. It will have to be the ICO next.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    any fines imposed for failure of FOI request would only be a small percentage of money being claimed
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Heard a few things on "the grapevine" about this. I don't work in Wales but am fairly familiar with the Cardiff site on the basis of past experience.

Those involved were advised by the unions that they were likely to lose the court case and should come to an agreement to pay.

The Trust really can't do anything. The agreements over these car parks (and I've worked at another place where this company operates) transfers the whole management of the car park to the operator. I did here the Trust advised them to settle.

To me it doesn't seem unreasonable to have more permits than spaces. The whole staff of a hospital isn't likely to be on duty at the same time, even less so in the cases of nurses and doctors who work shifts.

Parking in NHS staff car parks can be awful - normally as a result of a shortage of space and people having to leave their cars anywhere in order to get to work on time.

In some locations the planning conditions of the hospital limits staff parking in an attempt to persuade staff to use public transport.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dr_Crypto wrote: »
    Heard a few things on "the grapevine" about this. I don't work in Wales but am fairly familiar with the Cardiff site on the basis of past experience.

Those involved were advised by the unions that they were likely to lose the court case and should come to an agreement to pay.

The Trust really can't do anything. The agreements over these car parks (and I've worked at another place where this company operates) transfers the whole management of the car park to the operator. I did here the Trust advised them to settle.

To me it doesn't seem unreasonable to have more permits than spaces. The whole staff of a hospital isn't likely to be on duty at the same time, even less so in the cases of nurses and doctors who work shifts.

Parking in NHS staff car parks can be awful - normally as a result of a shortage of space and people having to leave their cars anywhere in order to get to work on time.

In some locations the planning conditions of the hospital limits staff parking in an attempt to persuade staff to use public transport.

and I believe earlier in this thread it was pointed out that the first available "public transport" (bus) arrived some time after shift change and the last evening "bus" was before shift change , the hospital knew EXACTLY how many staff were on duty each day , but still issued many hundreds if not 1000s more permits than space available
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Dr_Crypto
    Dr_Crypto Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Entirely possible.
    One place I worked tightly controlled permits and only issued well matched numbers according to strict criteria. It annoyed the staff as well.

My understanding is that my permit allows me to park in a designated space. It doesn't allow me to park anywhere I find on site even if the designated staff car park is full.

Staff parking in the NHS is a nightmare but there are few easy solutions.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Staff parking in the NHS is a nightmare but there are few easy solutions.
    Engaging a PPC to issue penalties like confetti is not one of these. Doesn't address any fundamental.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport