Options

Comments

• Dustyblinds
    Dustyblinds Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all and thank you for the welcome.
    So far today I've had:-
    B. Overnight oats
    L. Ham and pease pudding with cherry tomatoes beetroot new potatoes and a boiled egg
    T. Quorn chilli with plain rice and Parmesan cheese
    Syns so far a hifi bar, will have another one later with a decaf coffee made with semi skimmed milk
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    3.5lb off. Very happy with that, and some good news at the hospital too. I have improved kidney functionality. Still not what they want it to be bit better than it was. Still on a very restricted diet but I can occasionally have some banned food in a controlled way.
    Zebras rock
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done kathyrnha both on your brilliant loss and your good news.

Thanks for the chart Shala. Doubt I'll make target at the end of the week - I have a horrible cold and 'need' to eat sweet things, probably because I can't taste much. They say feed a cold, starve a fever but I don't think it was an instruction!
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, all. I don’t know what happened, but I seem to have missed Monday altogether! Any way it’s a loss of 0.8lbs for me please, shala, for Monday. Thanks for doing such a great job for us.

Well done, orlao, Kathrynha (delighted re your hospital news) and shiprob.

Congrats, shiprob, on being our SOTW.

Glad to have you back, lantanna and MissTeach.

Pleased to meet you, Dustyblinds.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi , my menu plan for Wednesday

Breakfast. Bran flakes A/B mixed berries.

Lunch.. vegetable soup bread roll,6 syns pear.

Dinner..burger h/made. New potatoes carrots, garden peas , gravy 2 syns

Extra. F f yoghurt.clementine.
    8 syns.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    3.5lb off. Very happy with that, and some good news at the hospital too. I have improved kidney functionality. Still not what they want it to be bit better than it was. Still on a very restricted diet but I can occasionally have some banned food in a controlled way.

Good news on both fronts :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 April 2017 at 11:19PM
    Options
    Today's menu:
    Breakfast: wholemeal toast,Flora light (1/2syn),Marmite,followed by a pear and an apple

Snack: apple

Snack/late lunch:hard-boiled egg,potato,carrot

Tea: fish-cakes ( syns for flour coating only-not very nice,next time will syn for breadcrumbs),mashed potato potato,sweetcorn,peas

Snack:mini rice cakes (3.5syns)
    sugar in coffee (2 syns+ splashes of skimmed milk)

HEA:Skimmed milk in cups of tea

Tete I was thinking about your question of offending people only this morning.Generally,people know I have been on and off SW for 6 years,and most my friends and customers would have no problem if I said "No thank you.Trying to be good at the moment".However,this morning(as every fortnight),I was working for a client who has just turned 89,and cares (at home)for his wife,who has dementia.Every time I visit,he has one of those coffee pots on, that stays hot all day,and you can pour a hot coffee anytime.Everytime I go there,he feeds me copious amounts of coffee,despite the fact that at home,I would normally drink tea.I have never said anything,because I do enjoy a coffee for a change.
    I have been working for them for 2.5 years,and only about 4 weeks ago we were chatting,and I can't remember how it came up,but I suggested something about him having the coffee on for all the different carers,hair-dressser,podiatrist,etc that come through the house."Oh,no",he says."We don't have the coffee on all the time-I only put that on when you are coming over.Rest of the time,we drink instant,or,more usually,tea!":rotfl::rotfl:.

Even worse,now I am back on SW,I didn't have the heart to say to him today that,actually,I don't want sugar in my coffee,and do you have a sweetener (even though I bet he probably does :o).And then,to make it even worse,this morning (not always),he said to me "You've got a sweet tooth,haven't you?Here,have one of these",and offered me a chocolate-coconuttybite-sized thing ,which I took because he expected it,and told myself it would be rude to refuse.THEN,even worse,I folded it into a tissue and discretely put it in a tissue to bring home and bin.Isn't that bad?Poor man.Paid for that with his pension money :(.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• renowen
    renowen Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello!

I used to be a member of Slimming world years ago but the weights gone back on after baby 3 and I wish to rejoin!

Does anyone know of any current magazine vouchers for free joining please?

Many thanks
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    A good week last week, but I am dead on a stone, and want to take a good step in to the stone below next week, so determined for another good week.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - overnight oats
    Lunch - cheese salad
    Dinner - chicken stir fry
    Snacks - strawberries and Skips

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - oats
    syns - salad dressing (0.5), Skips (4)
    Zebras rock
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pleased to report down 4 from I came back from holiday already. Will get my starting week tomorrow and then its all systems go!

My next holiday is in July and I'd like at least a stone off for then.

Glad to hear your good news Kathryn!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport