PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sugar soap!!! just discovered how fab it is!

Options

Comments

• Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nicki wrote: »
    *Adds sugarsoap to shopping list* :D

Ditto :D:rotfl:
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    yes, please do share where you got it from. I know someone has already asked this but it wasnt really answered, can you use it on walls with paint on them that isnt washable? I have tried to clean my walls on numerous occasions but the paint just comes off and all I am using is a soft cloth and water! (I blame the rubbish paint my landlord chose...I'm so annoyed that this has been left for me to sort out though when it was the previous tenant who has made the marks!!)

I wouldn't personally. Do you mean matt paint? It takes paint off pvc windows etc so i wouldnt like to see what it would do to your walls. Can you get some vinyl paint to put a coat on, then you can wipe any time? Freecycle you might get paint?

Sugar soap is FANTASTIC! I wish i had taken a pic of the window i spent an HOUR cleaning. The pvc window was covered in plaster, paint, all sorts and now it looks genuinely brand new. I have been using it for loads, and am looking forward to trying it in my bathroom as i think white tiles look grubby after a while.

Oh darn - *adds another job to list * :o

DO WEAR GLOVES THOUGH!
    I forgot and my hands are terribly dry since - i forgot for the first hour.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• 415SanFran
    Options
    My BIL uses sugar soap for cleaning the caravan never uses anything else. Outside that is.

Don't you just hate it when Kim and Aggie suggest something and all of a sudden you can't find it, then when it does re-appear, it has been 'updated' and cost twice the price?
    Stardrops is a prime example of this, have you seen all there new products that are nothing like OS?
    Ow gosh sorry about the mini rant there.
    Ebay 13 ;)........1583.46/2000.00 Amazon sales 54/50 Etsy sales 63/50
    Amazon 14.......4/50 Etsy14............46/75. Ebay........23/200
  • zippychick
    Options
    415SanFran wrote: »
    My BIL uses sugar soap for cleaning the caravan never uses anything else. Outside that is.

Don't you just hate it when Kim and Aggie suggest something and all of a sudden you can't find it, then when it does re-appear, it has been 'updated' and cost twice the price?
    Stardrops is a prime example of this, have you seen all there new products that are nothing like OS?
    Ow gosh sorry about the mini rant there.

yes i noticed Stardrops window cleaner, and all sorts of squirty bottles? :doh:What is it all about?!

• zarazara
    zarazara Posts: 2,264 Forumite
    Options
    GREAT GREAT GREAT THREAD will definately be getting some in.
    "The purpose of Life is to spread and create Happiness" :j
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    I thought size (sp?) was the stuff you treated plaster with before putting paper on and sugar soap was used for washing paintwork prior to re painting.........
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• Nicoll
    Nicoll Posts: 217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found this thread. I have nearly a whole tub in the garage from when I decorated kitchen, cleaned all the grease of the ceiling in there a treat. Feel really stupid that I hadn't thought of using it for anything and it's been sitting in garage for nearly a year, hope it hasn't got damp and solidified.

Thanks OP:T
    There is no issue so small that it can't be blown out of proportion
  • zippychick
    Options
    I thought size (sp?) was the stuff you treated plaster with before putting paper on and sugar soap was used for washing paintwork prior to re painting.........

Yes that is what Sugar soap is for, but it is multi functional :j Gave my pvc windows a new lease of life :D

• Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can wash matt emulsion down with sugar soap and it is very effective at removing scuffs, finger prints and grease marks near your kitchen bin. You just need not use too much water or too much elbow grease, and be prepared for a small amount of paint to wash off on your cloth. Providing your wall was painted properly (enough coats) you won't lose sufficient paint to spoil the finish.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I bought some sugar soap today as loads of you on here have said how good it is. I used it on the tiles in the bathrooms and didn't think it was any better than any other cleaner. The grout doesn't seem to have changed at all. Am I doing something wrong?

I bought the ready to use stuff (concentrated).

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport