Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

@B_M – That’s a very interesting idea and one I am can pick up with our team for you ��

You definitely need something in place as I've received this decline!
    Declined Reason: Cashback has not yet reached the members account

Of course it hasn't reached my account, this is a merchant that tracks at £0.00 with Topcashback!
    Now if you want to confirm that £0.00 as a decline, I'd be very, very happy and can take over. I'm fairly certain where this one is going anyway and the amount I'll be chasing is £25 plus 5% top-up = £26.25.

Have another word with your team please.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • woodface7
    woodface7 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd like to know more about the "tracking issue" members are warned of after (!) they click through to broadbandchoices.co.uk . Sure enough my Sept 21st fibre purchase (using desktop not mobile, clean browser) did not track at TCB and my claim is listed as '[FONT=&quot]Waiting for Website support team[/FONT]'.

More than two weeks later, this warning is still displayed. Bizarre and inexcusable for a merchant whose entire business has been built on tracking commissions from sales referrals!
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Something weird on my account TCB.

An entry for Ladbrokes Bingo has appeared and been declined.

This is not mine, I do not do online gambling.

I hope this has not replaced a genuine transaction.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Something weird on my account TCB.

An entry for Ladbrokes Bingo has appeared and been declined.

This is not mine, I do not do online gambling.

I hope this has not replaced a genuine transaction.

You're not alone.

Similar issue today on my account.
    Email notification, but definitely not mine and has now disappeared.
    Hope it's not yet another security issue!
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Ebay hasn't been tracking since September 20th and you have been displaying a warning.

I know you have said that these will all track when the issue is fixed, but this is going on 3 weeks now. I do not want to have to raise Claims a) as this is a systematic error this should be corrected on our behalf b) some are going back 3 weeks to finding the click record for the purchase will be nigh on impossible.

Can we have an update as to when this will be fixed - as they are supposed to be working "around the clock" with no progress they are either terrible at their jobs, or are more likely by the lack of progress, are actually doing nothing at all? Are we all going to have to raise claims?
  • percyverance
    Options
    Hi Matt
    I was feeling hopeful from your positive response that I'd receive my £40 A.A. cashback. My positive thoughts, however were soon diminished when two days later checking for a response from your Claims Team I noticed that the icon on 'My Dashboard' had disappeared! Not only was there no new message, there has been no further communication in almost three weeks and the previous messages are no longer visible!
    As you'd written 'I have asked our Claims Team to submit your claim at the earliest opportunity' I was anticipating a further message confirming they'd submitted my claim.
    I'd felt fobbed off in response to the two messages I'd previously received from the Claims Team as both stated my claim couldn't proceed as it was out of the 100 day period.
    On 6 April I received an email that my TopCash account was in credit to the sum of £40 for purchasing an A.A. policy in full for £85.
    Your terms state that 'Validation period is approximately 90 days from policy start date when paying in full.' I suspended the A.A. policy on 16 July - over 90 day - until September as a replacement 'almost new' car came with a couple of months breakdown cover remaining.
    But in September on querying that I'd not received my £40 cash back Lauren at TopCash stated
    'I am sorry that in this instance cashback has been declined by the merchant. AA have stated that the policy was suspended as their reason for decline.

In order to challenge this I would advise you to submit a declined cashback claim. Our claims team will then look into this further.'

However the Claims Team did nothing but cite the 100 days condition as the reason for their taking no further action, which seemed wrong as the conditions actually states that 'Any untracked sale and incorrect commission claims raised after 100 days from their transaction date will be automatically declined as per terms and conditions'!
    I don't feel that my £40 cashback should have been declined for suspending the AA policy when the conditions sate 'We will not pay cashback for any policy that have been cancelled or are in arrears at the time of validation.'
    The A.A policy was not cancelled, was paid for in full and is still active!

Hi percyverance,

We do monitor a merchant's decline rate and I would like to be clear that it's not tolerated if a merchant declined the vast majority of transactions. If we find out this has happened we do speak with them, ask them what happened and go from there.

I've managed to locate your account using your username here. It looks like there was a bit of confusion with the claim limit for this. For both untracked and declined claims, there is a claim window. However, for declined claims, this window starts from the declined date which for you is still well within the time frame.

Therefore, I have asked our Claims Team to submit your claim at the earliest opportunity.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • bigspender1971
    Options
    I ordered some currency from the Post Office this morning but it's not yet showing in transactions (it's usually instantaneous for me). Is there an issue with this? It's showing on clicks to merchants. Many thanks
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@B_M - Just to make sure I’m checking out the right claim can you get back with your purchase date and merchant, please?

@woodface7 – As soon as we spot a potential tracking issue we will put a note on the page, this normally isn’t the merchant or their network telling us about it, it’s us using our abilities to spot this. A tracking issue can be just with some devices but I will ensure our team are still working on that tracking issue for you.

@POPPYOSCAR – There could be a couple of reasons with this, to investigate I will need you to email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk please.

@bxboards – The tracking issue has been sorted for a lot of transactions, this has impacted a lot of members and so that is a lot of information to suddenly put on members' accounts and so it has to be done in a managed way. We want this resolved as much as you do and will always ensure it is done at the earliest possible time.

@percyverance – Can you drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk so I can take a closer look into this for you?

@bigspender1971 – Please remember it can take 7 days for a transaction to track :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

@B_M - Just to make sure I’m checking out the right claim can you get back with your purchase date and merchant, please?

No problem.

Azimo UK 02 Oct 2017 £50.00
  • blinkin_tmo
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been on top cash back for years! I've been raving about my savings on it to everyone! I'm saving up some cash back on it now and went to check a few weeks ago and they have charged me!!!!!!! After contacting them they have told me my account has been changed to "plus" and have let me change back to classic! But wait I've not been asked or contacted about this change! Surely they can't do this?!!!
    Anyone else has similar?
    I'm so annoyed!!!! I've told them after some pending money goes in I'm deleting my account! :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback