PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 3rd October 2016

Valli
Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
edited 6 October 2016 at 8:04PM in Old style MoneySaving
Thank you, natty, for last week's thread.

It is your responsibility to read the forum rules, please follow them on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us.

Welcome to the Weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please don’t stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
WM ~ Washing machine
TD ~ Tumble dryer
SC ~ Slowcooker
BM ~ Breadmaker
DW ~ Dishwasher
SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
NN ~ nice neighbour
Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
ETA ~ Edited to add
Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up!
RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Monday Monday - KITCHEN and DINER

and music has been selceted for your flying enjoyment :rotfl:

Level 1 - quick skim

Open a window
Clear the sides (counters/worktops) and wipe.
Replace with what should be there only.
Wipe the table
Bin the rubbish

Level 2 - going a little deeper
Sweep/mop/vacuum the floor

level 3 - get right down to the real nitty gritty
Dust all dining room surface INCLUDING table and chair legs
Wipe cupboard fronts

Extras
check the fridge for what needs using or throwing
add something christmassy to your shopping list - cranberry sauce; pickles; napkins...check special offers!
make sure that all the people who matter to you know you love them - make that call

T'riffic Tuesday (sans music to make it easier to copy and I can only think of Ruby Tuesday and I've used that before...)

Blissful Boudoir

Level One
Open the window
Strip the bed
take all washing/floordrobe from room
Remove, and bin, any rubbish

Level 2
Remake your freshly-aired bed
Vacuum

(That will do if you're busy - it will look good now;))

Level 3
Dust and deweb - get your duster-onna-stick into the ceiling corners
Clean the windows

Extras
Buy those hallowe'en sweets now before the shops run out. Do not eat all the love hearts and swizzels and parma violets. (or is that just me?)
Check your light bulbs - I don't know about you but I find, when they are on more, they all commit hari-kiri. Do you have spares?
While you're at it check you have a torch in a place where you can find it in the dark/by the light of your phone.
HHI - if you haven't any I will send mine;)

Wonderful Wednesday Bathrooms; cloakrooms and on sweets

(because that's how it was spelled by one of the kids last week lol)

Step 1

Lose the loos...

Get a bucket full of hot water+detergent and a cloth
Flush the loo
Squirt cleaner of your choice
Scrub the pan and under the rim
Flush and bleach
Wipe seat. lid, outside of loos
Chuck the water
Rinse the bucket
ditch the cloth

Step 2

Basic basin

get a bathroom sponge/cloth
squirt cream cleaner
scrub basin inside and out inc. pedestal

Step 3

Shower power (and bath)

Spray with detergent
Wipe thoroughly inside and outside and taps/shower heads
rinse
Finish off by getting fresh hot water+detergent, wipe down shower
screens, bath panels, cupboard doors, switches, handles
Mop or scrub floor
replace all towels and mats
polish mirrors
wipe sills
have a coffee!

No extras because step 3 was extensive...

Thursday - Priorities...

S&S your kitchen

S&S bathrooms (and that should be easy if you did Wednesday...)

Plan something nice for the ones you love - a homemade cake or pudding; time together, a movie night, a duvet day and SIT ON THE FLYLADY SOFA because one of our much-loved flyladies can't, not any more. Make time for those you love. Time is fleeting, and precious.

It was a pleasure to 'know' you Jenny. Much love from us all.

Friday - bedroom bliss

level 1
Open the window
strip the bed - and leave it to air while you get on with breakfast - seeing off kids etc...

Level 2
Remake the bed
clear the floordrobe
put stuff away

level 3
dust and vacuum

extras
HHI
meal plan for next week if you're a planner
plan some quality family time - even if its just going for a tramp in the woods. (oo err missus) in jeans and wellies.
Raise a glass to those flylady friends no longer with us, Cycling Yorkie, Toots, MoneySavingDiva and Mummy'slittleboy.
Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
"I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
:heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Evening

Thank you for all the lists and work that goes in to them.

Sorry for missing most of last week, but RL is in the way! a week where I needed at least 12 days in it, to get through everything, any way we are fine and getting there, cat is ok as well.

Daily stuff has been done, but not a lot else.

Currently WM is on
    Kitchen is clean
    Toilets are bleached
    Whole of upstairs is hoovered
    All bin emptied.....................

Have a good week, back when I can...............

Hugs to all
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2016 at 8:35PM
    Thanks for the lists Valli and natty.
    I'll be in this week.
    Just made the first Christmas pressie of the year, picked a ikea ribba frame up at the boot, I've lined it with wrapping paper that had a music theme and written "been here done that" in scrabble tiles on the back then cut a little post slot. It's for ds1 to store all his concert tickets etc in really pleased with how it's turned out so Going to make one each for ds2 and his gf as well.
    Giving the central heating a 10 min test as it's not been on this year.

Goi to have an hour with my book now.

See you all tomorrow
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all

I am in. Busy weekend, sorry not caught up on the thread. Battery is dying on the laptop and I cant be bothered to move and get the charger! See you tomorrow x
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 2 October 2016 at 9:07PM
    I'm in - thanks Valli :A

Hugs for LW, Valli and CY and anyone else who wants or needs one xx

LW - Is it wrong that, when watching last night's Pointless where the first round was words ending in ....dle, my first thought was 'horsepiddle'!!!? :rotfl:

KITCHEN

Level 1
    Open a window

Level 2
    Vacuum the floor

Level 3
    Wipe cupboard fronts
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    was away for a couple of weeks, then had the lurgy for a week. Need to be in this week as I have two weeks to make the house fit for visitors. And tomorrow I have to be brave and call the builder...
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hello all :wave:

Was feeling totally overwhelmed with things this past week, but things have improved today, so I'm joining in again from tomorrow. I've been reading all the posts, just not been feeling able to contribute anything very positive, so kept schtum. Next week will be better ;)

Sorry to hear sad news about your woof FBO. Utterly heartbreaking :( My beloved Merlin will be playing with Ozzie on the bridge, so he will have a friend x
  • Evening all,

Sorry, I've been awol all weekend. Not sure why, we seem to have been really busy doing 'stuff', none of which I can now remember, except that it wasn't flying so house is not starting the week in a good state.
    The one thing I wanted to achieve today was chipping a bit off the ironing mountain of doom, but instead we've been to a car boot, walked round a local ish castle, walked the dog, and watched a dvd. hmmmmmm. It was nice though.

FBO I'm so sorry to read your news. hugs x

CY, hello there on the sofa x

Valli thanks for the list, and I'm thinking of your sister, you, and your family. Xx
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening everyone

Thank you for this weeks' lists Valli - the music made me chuckle :D Thank you for last week Natty.

Monday Monday - KITCHEN and DINER
    Level 1 - quick skim
    Open a window
    Wipe the table
    Bin the rubbish
    Level 2 - going a little deeper
    Sweep/mop/vacuum the floor
    Level 3 - get right down to the real nitty gritty
    Dust all dining room surface INCLUDING table and chair legs
    Wipe cupboard fronts
    Extras
    check the fridge for what needs using or throwing
    add something christmassy to your shopping list - cranberry sauce; pickles; napkins...check special offers!
    make sure that all the people who matter to you know you love them - make that call

Lots of big, squishy hugs, sticks and spoons to all needing some
    Hope you all have marvellous Monday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2016 at 8:41AM
    Morning all
    Hopefully going to keep on top this week plus finish glossing the landing. I'll be home alone once the menfolk are all off to work and college this morning so hoping to get ds2s door and frame done first thing. I think he's just about caught up on his sleep now and faced his first shift back at work yesterday after missing a couple last week. He looked older when he finally got back home:( but They are coping.

Need to nip in the attic for a fish tank stand I've decided will make do as a bedside table. I also want to bring a few Christmas bits down to wrap.:eek: (sorry am I allowed to say that in October?)

Hugs, good wishes and posi vibes to everyone along with coping vibes where needed.

Right better go And do something.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning!

Thanks for the lists - I'm in. Hugs and coping vibes to those in need.

Just heading to school then popping to town for damp traps. Back soon!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family