PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Does anyone still use a mop and bucket

Options
Fusspot
Fusspot Posts: 327 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
edited 22 April 2014 at 5:40PM in Old style MoneySaving
I haven't used the bucket for years, I've been using floor wipes and a flat mop but sometimes the wipes curl up as I am pushing them around but I don't want to go back to the hassle of a mop and bucket and I don't want to get down on my hands and knees cleaning the floor either. Would a multipurpose or floor cleaner be OK just squirted on the floor or diluted down in a spray bottle?

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    Mop and bucket for me :D.
  • trailingspouse
    trailingspouse Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, I use a mop and bucket. Where's the hassle? Hot water and a squirt of cheap washing up liquid into the bucket, in with the mop, squeeze out, mop the floor, and tip the water out when you're done. Quick and cheap.
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yup I prefer a mop and bucket. My mop is one of those ones like a shredded J-cloth.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mop and bucket for me.... you wouldn't catch me on my hands and knees either.
  • Imbroglio
    Imbroglio Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Mop and bucket here too, and the patio gets a quick wash down from the water when I'm done
    Oct 2013: -12,382.89
    Mar 2014: -10,872.79
    Oct 2014: -7536.06

Made a small start, now it's time to really tackle this debt!
  • Smudges
    Smudges Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    I use a mop and bucket or sometimes by hand for small rooms or spot cleaning. I have been known to use cleaner diluted in a spray bottle with a mop to do the kitchen floors when I am in a hurry too. I have white tiles so sometimes it is just a case of whatever gets the job done quickly!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    yep, mop and bucket here too. I don't find it a hassle. Better than fiddling with wipes, cheaper and more environmentally friendly too :D
  • carefullycautious
    Options
    Got rid of mop and bucket, purchased a steamer which is great, but have now gone back to mop and bucket as it is quicker.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mop and bucket for decent proper cleaning and a microfiber flat cloth mop/sweeper for spot cleaning (I keep a spray bottle full of diluted all purpose cleaner for this/cleaning window sills, washing down the stairs etc).

The proper mop gets the floors proper clean, everything else just spreads the muck about.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yip another for mop and bucket, tried floor wipes, steam cleaner but always back to bucket and mop
    Every days a School day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport