Vodafone complaints

Options

Comments

• cazispen
    cazispen Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    My mother who is disabledand doesn,t work very rarley gets out of the house, went to our local friendly vodafone shop she bought pay as u go mobile broadband from the very nice sales assistant. This was great as she loves to play bingo and do her shopping online. Well once she got home she realised it wouldnt let her get onto the bingo sites and this is where our problems began. We had to take it back as parental controls were on. How silly she is over 50!! We got it home again and thn it kept cutting her off so again we went back to vodafone. The staff this time were very rude and instead of giving her a new one they just changed the sim card and told us this would sort it out, if not ring technical support. OK 2 weeks passed and my mother didnt tell me (bless her didnt wanna bother me) that it was still cutting her off, phoned technical support and they tld me to take it back. So again off to vodafone shop and the guy who served me was so rude and smug he said NO tech support dont know what they are talking about!!! So had to ask for manager suprise suprise he was not there!!!! So went home called tech support and again i have been told to take it back. Manager rang me this morning and i have to take it back for repair and my motherwill be without it for 4-7 days. This is outragous more of my time and petrol money, and i know there will be more problems
    Just wanted to tell people beware they are nice when they wanna sell u something but not if you are complaining about something that is not your fault.
    thanks to everyone for all the info i know where to go to complain thanks :T
    Thank you so much to everyone who posts :j :T :T :j :beer:
  • kevpc
    kevpc Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just spent 3 months trying to get Vodafone to bill me correctly. renewed my contract in December 2008 and received a Samsung Steel as a free upgrade. didnt like the phone so it was agreed i get return it. got a Nokia N96 in its place but not told i would have to pay for this phone. got a bill for £550. again agreed i could return the Nokia and got a Samsung Tocco as told this would be a free upgrade. still getting bills for the Nokia even tho Vodafone admit they have had the phone back. made about 15 calls and emailed Vodafone. got nowhere. have put written complaint to Vodafone also telling them i have cancelled my direct debit and informed Otelo. told numerous times the problem had been sorted when it wasn't. call backs i was told i would get didn't happen (last one was 21/03/2009). just totally ignored now. guess there is something on my account to tell staff to do nothing now. will try emailing the CEO on address found on this website, although i doubt if anything will be done again!
  • Procrastinator333
    Options
    Hello all,

Figure I will join in too. I have suffered much the same problem as some of you guys. When I signed up for my last 12 month deal I was miss-sold, I even remember asking if it was for 12 months. Then in month 10 find my 50% discount has dissapeared.

I have spoken to several different people, one promised it all credited back, one promised a £20 credit - Didn't appear on my bill. I basically got called a liar by another sales guy who thought the best way to help was to talk over me.

Every person I spoke to said that all sales people always make it clear it is only for 9 months. Fine I thought, let's see. So I called up again an hour later and pretended I was happy as larry. Negotiated a new deal with a discount. Negotiated phone, freebies etc. That will be £23 on an 18 month contract. Shall I place this order for you? Pushy pushy, shall I place the order? Oh I ask, is that £23 for the full 18 months? Er, oh no, not the last 3 months the guy says. I had to ask to be told!!! Now if the discount is small on an 18 month contract it is an aggrevation, but not the end of the world, but my previous was 12 months at 50%. This miss selling pushed my average bill from £13.50 to almost £17. That is a big difference.

I really do feel like Vodafone have actually stolen money from me. No different to someone nicking money out of my wallet.

You can't not pay because then they send in the debt collectors who rack up dissproportionate costs. So you have to pay and this leaves you having to pursue them to get your money back.

There has been some great advice on this thread and I wil certainly be following it!

It just seems so crackers to me. After 4 years of being a perfect customer. No missed payments, no complaints, no hassle, I call up with the intention of transfering my partner to vodafone too and end the call vowing not to use Vodafone again. All over £30ish quid. Not only is it awful from a customer service point of view, but it is simply stupid from a business point of view. They have just cut off a long term customer who was about to bring another long term customer, all over £30.

Anyway, good luck to all with their complaints, I hope Vodafone sort themselves out soon.
  • kevpc
    kevpc Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well i sent the mail to the CEO as stated. i assume the mail was either intercepted or immediately passed on because quickly had a reply from a customer relations guy. supposed to have sorted everything out for me now. will find out in a couple of days when i go to pay the bill. at least he agreed with me as to the amount i owe. strange how he managed to do something (and so quick) when no one else at Vodafone could do so. will post back when i get the results of trying to pay the bill.
  • cobra
    cobra Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've also got problems with Vodafone.
    I've started this thread here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1581835
  • glitter123
    glitter123 Posts: 495 Forumite
    Options
    I've now sent my complaint email to the CEO. I'm fed up with CS fobing me off. According to them I was given a 9 month discount for an 18 month contract - I know I didnt agree to that.
  • Procrastinator333
    Options
    Wow! That is even worse than mine. At least I can just leave them in another couple of months. I really hope they sort themselves out for you.

The thing that annoys me most is that it would be so easy to keep all of the recordings from when a contract is agreed. If they are so confident it is always made clear, they could then just play the conversation back to the customer and that would be the end of it.

But they don't, and the only logical reason for not doing it is that they know their sales staff bend the rules on this and don't want to get caught out.

I'm now sharing emails with a customer service guy, not getting anywhere though. I write a long email listing my complaints and all I get back is "yes it does sound like our customer service has not been up to the levels we would expect". "But they were correct" etc etc... So you haven't really read my letter and you are just fobbing me off. :confused:

Vodafone really are coming close to topping my !!!! list. I really can't see me touching anything Vodafone related for a very long time. Muppets.
  • JimArnold
    JimArnold Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    just had a customer research call asking why I had cancelled my Vodabone contract

Tried to answer the questions without swearing too much !

summary decent coverage but !!!!!! customer service means I wouldnot touch them with a very long bargepole
    TANSTAAFL !
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    I have them calling me telling me how much more it's costing me through a dealer (not!!). I told them I'd had awful problems with Vodafone for the last two years over very simply things which took forever to get resolved, then hung up. My last bill showed a small charge on one contract which should have been a credit on a different one. Every time I take out a new contract they mess up the bills, every time one ends a month later a "disconnection charge" appears which I have to call to get back. And (nearly) every time I call I either have to hang on forever or get cut off almost as soon as I get through. Still, I have a sack full of "appologies (when I point this out the the latest helpful service adviser (usually a salesman) I am told "yes, but you havent spoken weith me before". Usually they end up as bad as the rest. I would never take out a deal direct with them (I only do cashback deals which are far better in any case). The dealer has been superb throughout but the network is now utter c**p. Unforunately, the networks seem to be in competition to beat the others to the top of that particular pile.
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    Got out a VF contract last year (another story)

Guy called 3 months in to 'see what I thought of Vodafone' and if I 'was happy with the network'

Rattled off about 6 current unresolved iddues and told him I would rather have dental work without anasthetic than stay with Vodafone a moment longer than I had to.
    baldly going on...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport