warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• tinacee1
    Options
    recieved mine on 16th Dec 2016
  • Placitasgirl
    Options
    Many suppliers opened their Warm Home Scheme some weeks ago. As this is generally allocated on a "first come first served" basis you should check with your supplier and put your application in as soon as possible.

My Dad is with Sainsbury's Energy; their scheme opened weeks ago and I submitted his application right away. We received a confirmation from them the same day.
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Hi,
    Is there any home discount scheme for Mar 2017? Please let me know!!
    Thanks!!

Don't know about those available in Denver, Colorado though!
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I applied to Scottish Power under the broader group and have an expected payment date of 31 May 2017 - but they can't even guarantee that I will be paid !!
    I do meet all of the criteria for the benefit ...
  • villieb
    villieb Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hi - i've just come across this and was wondering if the beautiful knowledgable people on here could advise...

my parents energy supplier is First Utility, but under my name (their address) - their household income is way less than £16k - can i still apply for the Warm Home Discount scheme on their behalf if the account is registered under my name?

looking at the application form, it seems i need to put my details as it is under my name but then the questions don't really relate to me...

thanks in advanced
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    villieb wrote: »
    hi - i've just come across this and was wondering if the beautiful knowledgable people on here could advise...

my parents energy supplier is First Utility, but under my name (their address) - their household income is way less than £16k - can i still apply for the Warm Home Discount scheme on their behalf if the account is registered under my name?

looking at the application form, it seems i need to put my details as it is under my name but then the questions don't really relate to me...

thanks in advanced

The application has to be in the name of the account holder, ie you.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    I applied to Scottish Power under the broader group and have an expected payment date of 31 May 2017 - but they can't even guarantee that I will be paid !!
    I do meet all of the criteria for the benefit ...

the power companies do not have to make a payment to everyone in the broader group that meets the criteria.
    it is strictly a first come, first served process.
    so if you applies late, you may or may not receive it, depending on how many others have applied.
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    British Gas Warm home discount application is now open for 2017/18. I applied online and the application was refused so I phoned and it was ok :think:
  • laudan
    laudan Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 September 2017 at 10:36PM
    Options
    British Gas Warm home discount application is now open for 2017/18. I applied online and the application was refused so I phoned and it was ok :think:

I have just tried for my Mam & it was refused, Not sure if I understood the criteria. Her income is below the threshold but she claims no benefits at all (State Pension & Private Pension only)
    What was the reason yours was refused online?

I thought she could claim under these rules

Be a customer with a gross annual household income (HHI) of less than £16,190[1] and the account holder is living with mental or physical disability or illness, or there is vulnerability within the home (children living in the house aged 5 or under) or of pensionable age.

Income is less & she is 75
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    laudan wrote: »
    I have just tried for my Mam & it was refused, Not sure if I understood the criteria. Her income is below the threshold but she claims no benefits at all (State Pension & Private Pension only)
    What was the reason yours was refused online?

I thought she could claim under these rules

Be a customer with a gross annual household income (HHI) of less than £16,190[1] and the account holder is living with mental or physical disability or illness, or there is vulnerability within the home (children living in the house aged 5 or under) or of pensionable age.

Income is less & she is 75

It's not the broader group your mother would qualify under. It's the core group if anything. If she recieves guaranteed pension credit then this is what would qualify her. If she does then British gas will contact her.
    This is take from the website....
    If you are a Pension credit customer you will be automatically considered for the discount and the Government will write to those who are potentially eligible for the winter 2017/2018 discount in autumn 2017.
    You may qualify for this energy discount if you are the named or partner of the account holder on 9th July 2017 (the qualifying date) and you:
    • Receive only the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (without receiving the Savings Credit)
      OR
    • Receive the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit as well as the Savings Credit.
    If you meet the following conditions, you do not need to do anything now to get your discount in 2017/2018.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure