IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

roxburghe debt collectors parking fine

Options

Comments

• esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    solotrom wrote: »
    I've just finished reading 'The saga of Smithy' (!) on another thread and was wondering why we get letters from a number of different companies despite Smithy and myself allegedly oweing Parking Eye money. Surely they just use the same - I would if I were pond life like them.

My letter is from Roxburghes in case you didn't know

For some reason best known to Parking eye they tried 2 cases with Pannone, a big solicitors and debt collectors. It will probably have cost them rather a lot to get smacked in court.

With Roxburghe they will be given a list of non payers/ignorer's and told have a go at them, if you get anything we share if you don't you don't get nothing!

Or in simple terms Roxburghe/Graham White are bottom feeders!;)
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Note that there is no connection between "Graham White" and Graham White who IS a respected (if somewhat browned off) solicitor in Hertfordshire.
    Can I help?
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    solotrom wrote: »
    I've just finished reading 'The saga of Smithy' (!) on another thread and was wondering why we get letters from a number of different companies despite Smithy and myself allegedly oweing Parking Eye money. Surely they just use the same - I would if I were pond life like them.

My letter is from Roxburghes in case you didn't know

the letters areall sent from the same desk,its all part of the same scam,,and believe me nothing can/will happen to you,, though there are 1000s of us on here who wish these cowboys would take us to court,,they wont cos they know and we know ,now you know they will get spanked, full stop,relax.incidentally i have a drawer full of letters from roxburghe (we have zero power to do anything)debt collectors.
  • give_them_FA
    Options
    Ha, I don't have many bondy as I am sure I am on a "don't bother writing" database, most of the time I don't get written to because they know it's a waste of postage.
  • msannoyed
    Options
    I just had my first phone call from Ken at Roxburghe - I wouldn't give him the top line of my address so call couldn't go any further. Have had letter from Graham White. Next call will tell them I deny I have any debt, not sure where it will go from there though.
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    not sure where it will go????,,,,the more you engage the longer it will do,, you are doing the right thing by saying,,i deny the debt,,now continue to repeat or just leave the phone on the side and make a brew, check out whats on tv,,go on holiday for a month and when you return put the phone back on reciever,jobs a good un.
  • give_them_FA
    Options
    It's sure a nuisance if they have managed to find your number, but I think Bondy's advice is good, don't give them any info, treat them like the crap they are, they will soon get fed up and look for someone more gullible.
  • littleb_2
    Options
    I have been ignoring the calls from Roxburghe, and this morning received my first letter from Steve Dargonne, their parking services manager.

The thing is, a month ago, when I realised I'd missed the initial 28day period to pay the parking charge, I phoned the number on the PCN website, and ended up talking to Roxburghe (stupid me). They asked me if I wanted to pay the charge- at that time I hadn't read these threads so said I wanted to pay the £50 charge. They said I couldn't pay anything until they received my info from the DVLA. A month later a £98 charge appears on the doormat.

Will it make a difference that I had that conversation? Should I continue to ignore?
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2012 at 1:40PM
    Options
    Quite right you should continue to ignore. These people are a shower of sh*t and will do nothing other than write a few letters. If you get another phone call just tell them you owe them nothing and hang up- don't waste your time with explanation or argument, unless you've recently won the Lotto jackpot and are looking for ways to get rid of all that excess money.

Be prepared for when Steve passes it to Julie at the next desk who will write pretending to be Graham White Solicitors. A fake solicitor which matches the fake parking ticket, you will see the return address is the same for Roxburghe and G. White.

You had a lucky escape, cannot think why they didn't bite your hand off when you first offered to pay. (silly billy, you!)

No, actually I can, they obviously thought they had a live one so they weren't going to be content with £50......

P.S. Graham White- isn't that Cockney rhyming slang for something you flush down the toilet?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,736 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    littleb wrote: »
    I have been ignoring the calls from Roxburghe, and this morning received my first letter from Steve Dargonne, their parking services manager.

Steve Dargonne used to be a middle Manager at various Midland Bank branches in Worthing back in the eighties. This is not a man to be scared of - think 'David Brent' of The Office TV Show...

He is indeed easy to ignore.

:rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure