The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 February 2017 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Am sorting out damp in my front bedroom. Wiping it down with white vinegar and bicarb solution and will go over with teetree oil when done. A recipe I learned on here.

Breathing is painful due to mould spores. Isnt that disgusting? Yet my house is really clean and fashionable. I have to periodically do this. Everyone in our neighbourhood has this problem as the soil here is clay. Yuckity poo.

I haven't dared to watch any Preson on Sunday or Andrew Marr as seeing Trooomp p on tv is making me ill. I even started liking Arnie and he's a Republican. Trooomp just winds me up. Cant wait till he is impeached. In the 80s we had Spitting Image. We don't need it he is a puppet despot personified.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Hi savingwannabe thanks for your feedback on Lalaland I was supposed to be going with girl friends this weekend but feeling grotty so didn't go. Glad I didn't now ! Really enjoyed reading your diary and have subscribed .. need all the savings help and inspiration I can get !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    We all help each other on here and learn too. Look at the !!!! up I made with my finances this month in that I barely have any spending money - it's all a learning curve. Thank u again.
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    My bedroom gets really mould-sporey too - it *is* gross but I'm not sure it's possible to prevent it so good for you for bothering to treat it! Maybe pretend it's Trump's face as you go in for the kill - might make it more fun! (And not too difficult to imagine either, I might add.)
  • savingwannabe
    edited 5 February 2017 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Horrid isn't it? There are lots of fitted wardrobes on two walls in my bedroom but one of them is an outside wall where the damp is. My friends said years ago the previous owners might have put them up to cover up the damp when they were selling.

I might have to ask the builder to take it down and replaster when he catches up with the other jobs he is behind on when I have saved a bit more money.

l think knocking the wardrobes down will show how i feel about that Mr Troooomp. :rotfl::beer:
  • savingwannabe
    edited 6 February 2017 at 6:08PM
    Options
    Today I have vacuumed, done some washing and am starting to completely clear out 4 fitted wardrobes which have tons of useful stuff inside.

So far two are done. :beer:
    I have some left to do. I will leave this till my parents come later this month. Breathing is difficult in that room so I will avoid it from now on. Mum and dad are going to take down the cupboards when they come at the end of the month. I am so excited. The room will look so much bigger. Yay. I love space and doing up my house.

Blood sugars high so some exercise is good. Had a lovely phonecall from my GP I am doing the right thing and it is just taking time but I will get better. They are so reassuring. I always have the kindest doctors. I am going to do volunteer work for the NHS when I retire.

I relisted my jacket again but at a lower price. We shall see.......I do like it though.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on such a productive day savingwannabe.

I had good intentions but fell asleep in front of the tv this afternoon and not got much done since !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 7 February 2017 at 7:13PM
    Options
    Jobs to do:

-[STRIKE]sort out all my store old phone cards
    [/STRIKE]-[STRIKE]tidy clothes I put into dad's wardrobe yesterday
    [/STRIKE]-

I had this really noble intention of doing some work but i am too tired. I dusted the skirting boards and it has wiped me out. I might sleep for a bit as tired blood sugars have been high all day. I have injected to get it down and am now going to sleep.

I have got to collect my dr's note tomorrow and post a letter so i shall do it all
    together.

On Friday I hope that Steve is going to visit and is going through my coat collection - (I have 18 and i need to get rid of some) to see which i can give away to charity. A NSD:j
  • savingwannabe
    edited 8 February 2017 at 2:03PM
    Options
    I am getting better my voice was louder today. It does feel like there is a frog in my throat and it hurts but I am definitely on the mend. I am happy as I can see light at the end of the tunnel. The days are getting brighter and I went for a little walk this morning to the post box and picked up my sicknote.

Hurrah for everything. I am going to do a nice meal today. A friend is visiting me today in their lunch hour with a pile of marking. Am actually looking forward to it. :TI must be a loon.:rotfl:

I am always scared that because of my illness I wont be able to work till retirement age and will live in poverty but now I think I am confident again. It is all the more reason to save as much as possible so I can enjoy myself when I am retired. :beer:
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Good to hear you are feeling a bit better and more positive savingwannabe.

Long term illness is such a worry

Living off savings diary
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback