Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Up early for a Saturday and popped to aldee to get croissants for the fence boys (and dh and dss + gf), choc buttons for dd too, so she doesn't miss out. Visited the cash point and put £20 on my oyster. And I walked there and back.

Dh and dd were up, so gave her a bath and hairwash. Then I made some gf cookies. Then I went - in the car this time - to drop off 2 bags at the Sally Army and on to dd's dance place for this year's registration.

And home to finish my coffee!

The fence boys are almost done, and it looks very nice indeed.

To do:
    - fold up all clothes and put away
    - fill another bag for Sally Army
    - oooh, maybe pin some sewing together...
    - watch the athletics!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Did most of the list - surprising! Haven't actually pinned anything yet, but have opened out the pillow case in preparation...

Took dd + friend up to the rec - we stayed for much of the rain then trundled home. I certainly have done more steps today then in a long time, though nowt like MWC does!

Dss had a chat with dh - basically, the rent we asked for is too much for them... Dh asked what they could afford and it was £200. Rather a drop, and I do expect to spend more than that just on food! But we shall see. It does seem to have spurred them on to be looking for work near to the uni, instead of up in Lunnon - a good thing. And I think they will also be looking for accommodation to move into. Not sure why, but I feel rather rotten at having asked them for what they cannot afford (despite it being quite a lot less than suggested on here), and putting them in an awkward position. I certainly feel awkward enough about it now for everyone!!

Dh is making tea - hopefully before midnight... Otherwise I may just scoff the chocolates. So much for keto...
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi, how you feel now will disappear but had they only paid a token amount, then there would be far less motivation and incentive for them to look elsewhere. You would have ended up irritated and this would have built up.

Glad they are looking for somewhere and really treating this as a temporary stop gap :)

Sun is struggling to come out here.

Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you Tilly! I shall work hard to not be out of pocket on the food! We have plenty of carb staples that I'm not eating at the mo, so shall try to get them used up.

And it is good that they have moved their focus to near uni.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hopefully £200 should cover their food, apple - lots of bulky carbs in the cooling times to come! :D

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Hopefully £200 should cover their food, apple - lots of bulky carbs in the cooling times to come! :D

x

Indeedy! I'll not be doing all the cooking - am not that daft! - but shall be using up the carbs we have and rarely use. I reckon we can do it for £200... Certainly in Sept, when I have more free time to go shopping.

Today needs to be 'put the garden aright' day. Just treat the fence and put the contents of the compost bin on the garden and re-set the bin in its rightful position - just where dd can climb onto it and chat over the (now raised 6 inches) fence to her friend.

Also:
    - check I have 4 different outfits for work, and that trousers are wearable
    - plan September budgets and commitments
    - re-read email re Tuesday's meeting
    - sew up russian doll
    - do 100 burpees for time (have not felt like doing a workout for about 10 days, so this is progress!)
    - cut back front jasmine as it is green waste week collection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    100 burpees done - with a thorough warm-up and cool down. Under 19 mins. Now a quivering wreck. Started off thinking I'd count in 10s. After doing 3, I changed to counting in 5s! So, 100 press ups, 100 squat thrust and 100 squat jump done!

Am looking forward to September machinations...

Giving - 188
    Food - 400
    Craft - 31
    Travel - 100
    NSD - 15 (expecting to need to shop more often)
    Exercise - 16
    Remove - 60 (3 bags full)
    Lose and sell too
    S t r e t c h fund to 1000
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Well, the fence is now stained, and the gate too. :j Then shifted the compost that had escaped from the compost bin - ie all of it - bucket by bucket, to elsewhere in the garden. Now, tis not a big garden, but I am pooped. And splattered with woodstain (yes, I have showered!) and scratched by the raspberries.

On money matter, I have counted up some coins and have £50 to bank. :D

And 4 more russian dolls have been cut out and pinned. No sewing as yet - keep getting distracted.

Tomorrow, the regular mortgage payment goes out and I can scoop over the remains of my account. Won't get down into the 46s this time, but will be pretty near.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Real love is helping the youngsters just enough, and not too much that they are dependent.
    Definitely don't feel bad.x
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    6-9am, metcheck says we'll have 0.1mm rain. They are wrong! It is pelting down and I am very glad we finished the fence staining yesterday, and shifted the pile of compost.

My shoulders, abs and butt all know they worked very hard yesterday!

Money shuffle done, but a dissatisfying one so far- the usual mortgage payment hasn't gone yet (pesky bank hol), nor have the aldee and sainz shopping payments gone through (not even appearing as pending), so I have shifted a 'safe' amount over and shall TT it in a day or so.

Dsd arrives today in all this rain. She's not staying here but we hope to see plenty of her over the next 3 days. Silly me, I've not really looked hard for something she can do with dd - I dismissed them going into Lunnon to a show of some sort, as dd has never been. Now that there is NOWT in the local 2 towns that appeals to dd, I may have to search in the big smoke... I had considered drusi11a's - kiddie theme park, but it is so weather-dependant...

Must get off the tablet and onto the laptop to look...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback