PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OH loves fresh air, and can often be found in shorts in February,.

OMG I have one of those as well - and sandals. And the BBQ season here runs from St Patricks Day to Hallowe'en

Karcher
    yes even I felt sorry for him - parents who seemed keen to shunt him off anywhere for the holidays. When he left us his sister was going home but he was off to another scheme :(
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do those of us of a more mature vintage recall those street skipping games in the 60s and 70s? Someones mums washing line stretched from pavement to pavement . You had to time when you jumped in to skip . This thread is a bit like that at the moment , how to catch up and make sense and remember things .
    TW I hope peace reigns once more in your home .

Floss Your mention of Saddleworth the other day led me online to actually look at the history . I've only ever shivered as I passed the moor on my way to Scotland and other places . I knew it was originally part of the West Riding of Yorkshire but have now followed through the stages which led to it now being part of GM .
    Those metropolitan boroughs caused so many moving of borders etc . I've enjoyed reading of the various building materials used , the local industries and the changes over the years . I love that one post can send others on a journey into the past . Well me anyway Google is my friend :D

Hope everyone has some of this sun today Mar in particular .
    polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,667 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    even I felt sorry for him - parents who seemed keen to shunt him off anywhere for the holidays.

Have a suspicion that our lad might be on the same merry-go-round. Having had time to wind down & reflect, I can see some parallels with DD2's "inexplicable" behaviour in childhood/early teens, which turned out to be down to an almost-invisible form of autism, with no obvious learning disabilities, which led many observers to think she "deserved a good slapping". Now thankfully mostly behind us, thanks to an observant young GP and some light medication that helps her cope with a world that is simply baffling and overwhelming. The lad's apparent rudeness, over-reactions, sudden moodswings, disturbed sleep pattern & generally over-the-top behaviour, all point to some kind of "difference" above & beyond normal teenage hormonal chaos or cultural differences. Having raised 5 of my own, despite his good looks & impeccable pedigree, I'm left with an impression that there's something Not Quite Right there.
    Angie - GC April 24 £432.06/£480: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi kittie ( or Hello Kittie :D How nice to see you over here :hello:
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    TY Polly, yes we've had sun all day, heavy cloud now but was a good day, 15C.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Treasure the good days Mar and I hope there will be more to come .
    pollyx

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening. The house troll woke me early today and asked for breakfast. He learned the hard way that you should let sleeping mothers lie on Sundays - we were in the car and on our way to Blackpool by 8:40am. Once he got used to the idea he cheered up a bit. I'd promised to take him in the holidays and so far there were two possible dry days forecast before we have a visitor for the final week of the holidays. Today was one of them and we are going to Manchester on Wednesday. That will be the end of our summer expeditions unless our visitor wants to go anywhere.

Blackpool was relatively quiet when we arrived, we went on a lot of rides without having to queue for too long. We left at 3:45 by which time it was too busy to be pleasant along the sea front.

Take care all of you
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good day CRANKY :)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Cranky did you see the air show? We were on the front with DB, DSiL & DN.

Pollyanna my brother was born in Oldham but is eligible to play cricket for Yorkshire due to our home being in Saddleworth...if he was any good, that is!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Cranky You both sound to be making the most of this week . Hope you both stay upright for the next few days . You can rest and recover then .

Floss After looking at Saddleworth I can understand why you love it .
    Do you share your husbands taste in football ?
    I may never be able to say this again this season ,but up where we belong and a chorus of Glory, Glory !!!
    I know it's the first match of a long season but bear with me . I will never get over Fergie leaving and it's been a hard watch since but you have to have hope don't you .
    polly

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure