• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ynotnotlob wrote: »
    hi,
    hope someone can advise me.
    I have started a move to Flow energy from Eon on 11 DEC ,
    I have logged into my account and it says switch in progress.
    Flow energy say they have no record of the switch
    Have emailed Cheap Energy Club twice and had no reply, no other way of contacting them.
    Not Happy
    I am assuming you intended to initiate the switch through CEC and it's the CEC "account" which indicates the switch is in progress.

I would suggest you keep badgering CEC with emails and continue posting on this thread until you get a response.

If CEC is rubbish then we all want to know about it before using it. I have occasionally considered switching via CEC but I, personally, don't trust them. Your post supports my suspicions.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • onzey
    onzey Posts: 830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A little fussy of me I know but would it be possible to change the "What is your economy 7 usage?" entry in the CEC details to an actual user entered percentage or if not, to have 5% steps rather than the current 10%?

Thanks
  • ynotnotlob
    Options
    I am assuming you intended to initiate the switch through CEC and it's the CEC "account" which indicates the switch is in progress.

I would suggest you keep badgering CEC with emails and continue posting on this thread until you get a response.

If CEC is rubbish then we all want to know about it before using it. I have occasionally considered switching via CEC but I, personally, don't trust them. Your post supports my suspicions.

I thought you could trust them as they were part of Money savings expert😮
  • Consumerist
    Options
    onzey wrote: »
    . . . but would it be possible to change the "What is your economy 7 usage?" entry in the CEC details to an actual user entered percentage or if not, to have 5% steps rather than the current 10%? . . .
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Perhaps use the 10% as a default value - I suspect many switchers don't really know their percentage.

Why not put this suggestion to CEC in an email.
  • Former_MSE_Roxanne
    Options
    hi,
    hope someone can advise me.
    I have started a move to Flow energy from Eon on 11 DEC ,
    I have logged into my account and it says switch in progress.
    Flow energy say they have no record of the switch
    Have emailed Cheap Energy Club twice and had no reply, no other way of contacting them.
    Not Happy

Hi ynotnotlob,

Sorry to hear that you've not yet heard back from Flow Energy. We've not received an email from you. If you drop us an email at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com we'll look into this for you.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Former_MSE_Roxanne
    Options
    onzey wrote: »
    A little fussy of me I know but would it be possible to change the "What is your economy 7 usage?" entry in the CEC details to an actual user entered percentage or if not, to have 5% steps rather than the current 10%?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion, onzey :)

We'll look into considering this when making future improvements to the site.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Consumerist
    Options
    I thought you could trust them as they were part of Money savings expert��
    Truth is, you hear so many reports of switches through intermediaries going wrong that I don't trust switching sites in general. It's not just CEC.

The problem seems to be that if things do go wrong during the switch, it's difficult to know who is responsible for what and each side of the argument blames the other with the customer stuck in the middle.

By going direct to the new supplier to initiate a switch I know who is responsible for seeing it through. To me, it's worth the sacrifice of a possible £30 cash-back for the peace of mind.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of switching through intermediaries go wrong compared to switching direct but I suspect such data is regarded as "commercially sensitive".
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Interesting that CEC are showing some no longer available electric tariffs - ExtraEnergy Clear Fixed Jan 2017 v1 for instance - superceded by Feb versions.
  • ynotnotlob
    Options
    Truth is, you hear so many reports of switches through intermediaries going wrong that I don't trust switching sites in general. It's not just CEC.

The problem seems to be that if things do go wrong during the switch, it's difficult to know who is responsible for what and each side of the argument blames the other with the customer stuck in the middle.

By going direct to the new supplier to initiate a switch I know who is responsible for seeing it through. To me, it's worth the sacrifice of a possible £30 cash-back for the peace of mind.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of switching through intermediaries go wrong compared to switching direct but I suspect such data is regarded as "commercially sensitive".

I may be partly to blame for the delay:embarasse , in my reply to CEC, i made a typo error in the address , but got no reply from my e mail provider to say it had bounced. i thought they had just not replied.
    I will keep you posted. :)
  • Mkd
    Options
    This is not Fair, it does not include Northern Ireland for comparison.
    Why not, and why are we left out?????????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure