mobile cash mate

Options
Don't sell you old mobile phone to these cowboys they promise you top money for your old phone then when they have it they send you less. I sent them an iphone 4 16 gig in perfect condition no scratches at all been kept in a case also. They promised me £103 but once they got the phone they said they will pay only £83 as they claim it has scratches on it not true! Don't use them try enviro phone.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 18 February 2014 at 9:40PM
    Options
    Such warnings fall on deaf years.
    Like you, many people usually don't do any research before sending their loved mobiles to these or other cowboys that they never heard of before.

>> Add your feedback on MobileCashMate
    >> mobile cash mate

The first thread is the 5th result of Google search for "mobile cash mate".
  • Earthworm
    Options
    Was thinking exactly the same as Grumbler. A web search takes a few minutes and would have saved you a lot of hassle.
  • Tyro123_2
    Tyro123_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was going to second the comments here about Mobile Cash Mate as well. Try not to use them.

I sent them my Samsung Galaxy S and they promised good money for it but then I received an email saying that the handset was not in a good condition and they could not offer the amount they had promised.

I didn't mind getting paid less but it is the way they approach the whole situation. Once they had offered the low price, I had the right to remove my offer but then the put a very aggressive time limit on my decision making and if I didn't respond within that they would process the phone and send out a cheque for the reduced amount.

What's with rushing me to get a decision out of me, may be because the deal being offered is in their financial interest and not mine!

I withdrew my phone and ensured I leave my feed back here so other's can choose a better company.

Unfortunately I used the comparison result from MSE and chose them as they had the best offer. As we all trust MSE, it would be natural for one to assume that any companies in their results are ethical too but unfortunately on this occasion Mobile Cash Mate disappointed a lot!
  • Jakz58
    Options
    I had 16 old company phones to recycle and did a lot of researching for the best prices. MCM came out tops for most. I packaged them all up and sent them special delivery.

I know the quoted price is an 'up to' price and being a realist I get that there will always be bumps and scrapes on a work phone so I was very happy when MCM only reduced the whole batch by around £5. Once I'd accepted the reviewed quote the money was in the bank the very next day.

As I had a good experience with the work phones, I then went home and packaged up my personal ones too. Same speed, same result. Great service, great communications; I'll recommend and use this company again, any day.
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    Options
    Jakz58 wrote: »
    I had 16 old company phones to recycle and did a lot of researching for the best prices. MCM came out tops for most. I packaged them all up and sent them special delivery.

I know the quoted price is an 'up to' price and being a realist I get that there will always be bumps and scrapes on a work phone so I was very happy when MCM only reduced the whole batch by around £5. Once I'd accepted the reviewed quote the money was in the bank the very next day.

As I had a good experience with the work phones, I then went home and packaged up my personal ones too. Same speed, same result. Great service, great communications; I'll recommend and use this company again, any day.

Another reason to avoid this company, SCAM SPAM SCAM SPAM
  • MikeWhite
    MikeWhite Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I sent 21,123 phones to them last week and they paid the agreed price for every one, honest!
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    You poor thing. They paid me three times more than was promised. They are Gods.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    "Jakz58" seems to be a popular alias of review-writers in the web.
    Call me cynic, but I guess all these 'reviews' were paid for.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i wonder if they are linked to imend also?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• EC413
    EC413 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Sorry to see negatives posts about Mobile Cashmate. I recently used them to sell a Samsung Galaxy phone and a mini iPad and found them excellent. They offered a higher price than other sites I researched, and they processed the order and paid up quickly. I'd happily use them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure