Options
    Awww *blushes furiously and grins* xx
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • stepuptothepl8
    stepuptothepl8 Posts: 913 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2015 at 12:53PM
    Options
    So in between cooking Sunday roast (pork today, TONS of crackling) I've been checking the accounts. Found enough surplus to do today's OP £29.11 :T

DD has her SATs next week and has been a bit 'off' understandably. I kept her busy in the garden yesterday. She wanted a patch of garden that was just hers, so I've given over 4m square bit of the vegetable patch. Still muggins here that had to do all the digging over, but it looks good now, bark paths surrounding it, metal obelisk in the centre that now has French beans growing up it. And leeks, beetroot, carrots, courgettes and herbs in so far. She also want some flowers in there too but the budget can't cope with that this weekend! We've transplanted some lilies in there too. She's very chuffed with it and is now paranoid that the chickens will jump the fencing and nibble it all.. :D. I'm exhausted! It's meant very little screen time this weekend, and she slept very well last night. Hopefully we won't have tears tonight but I'm not holding my breath..

Right, I'd best make the gravy.. Where the red wine?! :)
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Ugh. first day of SATs. Even after tons of reassurance, and the watching of a very nice video on Youtoooob which emphasizes that you have skills that SATs don't measure, we still had tears.. both before and after school :(:( She's settled easily enough tonight though, so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Today's OP was £3.23 to savings, and CC1 has had the regular direct debit payment (£143 this month), so the sig has been amended :D Payday is on Friday, so I'm planning on bumping up the emergency fund to £1000, and then doing another £100 or so off CC1. I need to be paying £600 a month off it if I'm going to clear it by Christmas, which I really really want to do. Luckily the holiday let is fully booked til mid-July so the money from that will go a long way towards it. I also need to get more euros for hols. This is the month that I smash through the 10% total debt paid off :T :T :T which makes me very happy.

night all xxx
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Poor little DD. I was frightened to death of my SATs. I still remember them now and that was the first instance of my uber-stress sleepwalking. I feel her pain, honestly. It was so unfair in its measurement of me against a scale of kids. I have never been very academic. It didn't come easily. Common sense I have in spades... but maths? Give me a break. I am already scared for Jellytot, as we have a huge grammar system here so she inevitably has to do the 11+ if she wants to go to a good school :(

Amazing news about the 10% being hit this month. That will feel amazing I am sure. I can' believe how much you've paid of your sig! Incredible effort! :D

As for the magnesium, (and Ali too) - I have been reading up and we should be aiming for far more than the 100% RDA to make up for the way we are eating. Fat stops certain vitamins and minerals metabolising very easily and so we have to try harder to get them. I am taking 2 of H&B's (penny sale) Magnesium tablets, one morning, one night, when it says one a day. I feel a lot better actually!! :D

Big hugs!! And lots of love, luck and penguins sent to DD for her continuing SAT's. xxx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hiya Stepup,

So sorry to hear of DD's SATs stress, poor thing. Hope the garden manages to keep her mind off it (which sounds brilliant by the way - I'm very jealous!).

Your signature and focus is awe-inspiring too, that debt will be gone before you know it, I'm sure.
    Your roast pork and crackling is making me very hungry though... any left by any chance??? :D

xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    MeandO wrote: »
    Your roast pork and crackling is making me very hungry though... any left by any chance??? :D

xx

None left, sorry MeandO, we all fight over it, there's never any left!

Today's OP was £16 in £2 coins to my big pink pig! There was a work collection for a colleague who was leaving, and I bought the vouchers on my card (not CC!) and kept the cash. Imagine my excitement when there were that many £2 coins! (I know, easily pleased...). I've decided that the pink pig is my Christmas food money. Until I get a better idea.

DD seems much calmer today. She thought the maths paper was easier than she anticipated, and there's only one more to go. Phew!

Can't wait til Friday (payday!). I really want to hammer cc1. I've been getting ahead of myself and doing snowball calculations. If I pay off CC1 by Christmas, CC2 will be gone by March 2016, & CC3 by June 2016. CC4 & 5 will then take a bit longer but by then I should be able to get back into 0% offers, so Woop-Woop!!!! And then I will be debt free :D and then look out mortgage and pension ;) I do love a plan!!!
  • Levi-
    Levi- Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I love a plan too!! Sounds fantastic ! And I know you'll do it.. in fact.. *we'll* do it.. I have my own problematic CC1, 2 & 3 that I never want to clap eyes on again once clear.... imagine how amazing it will feel :D Our situations are spooky similar actually and so are our timings! I think we might hit some good 0% offers again at the same time which will also feel good to have them back on the table, I'm more or less untouchable right now but thats a blessing in disguise too! x

Love ya loads Steppie x
    - on a mission to be debt-free by the end of 2017 - :cool:
    [STRIKE]37500 [/STRIKE] 34650
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    Levi- wrote: »
    in fact.. *we'll* do it.. I have my own problematic CC1, 2 & 3 that I never want to clap eyes on again once clear.... imagine how amazing it will feel :D

Love ya loads Steppie x

You bet we will!!! It's going to feel AMAZING!! :j:j love you loads too :heart:
  • Levi-
    Levi- Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    <
    have you seen my glitzy new medal?
    - on a mission to be debt-free by the end of 2017 - :cool:
    [STRIKE]37500 [/STRIKE] 34650
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    YES!! Am super jealous * makes mental note to post more* ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family