Co-operative Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2016 at 12:08PM
    Options
    Hi vswitchusave and welcome to the forum.

I think, however, you might be preaching to the converted here.

Edit
    It is usual on this site to try (sometimes without success) to keep to the topic of any thread on which you post. The topic of this thread is feedback on Co-op Energy and your post doesn't seem relevant to that topic.

There are other threads e.g.<Gas & Electricity: Find the cheapest supplier and earn up to £30 cashback> to post general comments.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,600 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 October 2016 at 11:52AM
    Options
    Hi vswitchusave and welcome to the forum.

I think, however, you might be preaching to the converted here.

Edit
    It is usual on this site to try (sometimes without success) to keep to the topic of any thread on which you post. The topic of this thread is feedback on Co-op Energy and your post doesn't seem relevant to that topic.

There are other threads e.g.<Gas & Electricity: Find the cheapest supplier and earn up to £30 cashback> to post general comments.
    I just assumed it was a spammer with a name like that and new to the site, but there was no link anywhere - maybe that is/was to come?
    Edit:
    Thought so, just googled the name!

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• Consumerist
    edited 17 October 2016 at 12:13PM
    Options
    victor2 wrote: »
    I just assumed it was a spammer with a name like that and new to the site, but there was no link anywhere - maybe that is/was to come?
    Edit:
    Thought so, just googled the name!
    As there was only one post, rather than multiples, I thought it might be genuine. Have now googled it too and see what you mean. Not even Ofgem approved. Money-making only site.
  • Imnoexpert_2
    Options
    I have just arranged to switch to coop because the price advantage seems to make it worthwhile. Does anyone know how long this is taking at present?
  • Johnzee
    Options
    The Coop was picked for me as the optimum for a switch from my present FU account but after reading the litany of issues encountered by others on this thread I have decided to stay where I am; Coop CS seems horrendous.... Maybe it'll work out, maybe not, but a cheaper deal simply isn't worth it if, as seems quite likely, things go awry and I have to waste time on the phone. So thanks for the input everyone...
  • Consumerist
    Options
    Johnzee wrote: »
    The Coop was picked for me as the optimum for a switch from my present FU account but after reading the litany of issues encountered by others on this thread I have decided to stay where I am; Coop CS seems horrendous.... Maybe it'll work out, maybe not, but a cheaper deal simply isn't worth it if, as seems quite likely, things go awry and I have to waste time on the phone. So thanks for the input everyone...
    You have to wonder why Co-op energy was chosen to take on GB Energy customers when it demonstrably can't cope with those it has already.

Ofgem madness. :rotfl:

Someone give us a regulator who considers energy customers for a change.
  • Hubsy
    Options
    The most useless energy company. Initially didn't transfer me over.
    I.T. is a joke.

Recent got sent letter saying my montly payment going from £73 to £100 a month.

Won't be renewing in March 2017, even if they are cheaper.

They also cannot supply a smart meter.

AVOID...
  • Rubidium
    Rubidium Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Imnoexpert wrote: »
    I have just arranged to switch to coop because the price advantage seems to make it worthwhile. Does anyone know how long this is taking at present?

Co-op Energy have not signed up to faster switching, so six weeks if you are lucky and they don't mess it up.

Cancel and while you can and switch to a real energy supplier that actually gives a f**k about customer service, they are an absolute joke!
  • oldwiring
    oldwiring Posts: 2,452 Forumite
    Options
    You have to wonder why Co-op energy was chosen to take on GB Energy customers when it demonstrably can't cope with those it has already.

Ofgem madness. :rotfl:

Someone give us a regulator who considers energy customers for a change.
    Perhaps the rest thought, "why should we take their customers?", reckoning, that the churn from them leaving at the smell of a cheaper deal, would be a dis-benefit.

This is not to get at unfortunate GB customers, but businesses do actually not accept everything offered them.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    A bit more news has emerged today from BBC Radio 4's Money Box programme regarding GB Energy customers transferred to Co-op Energy...

It would seem that Co-op Energy had ca. 250k customers and took on the additional 160k from GB Energy along with the latter's call-centre staff to help Co-op cope with the influx.

A Co-op spokesman said that GB Energy customers will continue to get the GB Energy tariff rates until their fixed contracts expire. Credit balances will be honoured even if customers had recently switched to other suppliers.

It would seem that GB Energy customers were offered to the market but Co-op Energy won the bidding.

As a Co-op Energy customer, my question is - Who is footing the bill for this Co-op generosity?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure