Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 26th Nov 07, 5:50 PM
    • 1,871Posts
    • 5,991Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Gas & Electricity: Find the cheapest supplier and earn up to £30 cashback
    • 26th Nov 07, 5:50 PM
    Gas & Electricity: Find the cheapest supplier and earn up to £30 cashback 26th Nov 07 at 5:50 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of the

Gas & Electricity plus Cashback Article

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click reply

Read the old thread here
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-03-2014 at 8:43 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 1
  • SteveBentley
    • 28th Nov 07, 8:02 AM
    • 28th Nov 07, 8:02 AM
    Anyone know if the uSwitch wine offer can be combined with Quidco?
  • vixon
    • 28th Nov 07, 8:16 PM
    • 28th Nov 07, 8:16 PM
    I looked at USwitch and found that Scotish Power would save me a lot on a dual switch plus £7 cashback via Greasy Palm, when I checked Greasy Palm I could earn £50 cashback for going direct to Scotish Power them than using USwitch!!!!! Always check your cashback/point sites for special offers too.
  • chandrakant
    • 4th Dec 07, 1:09 PM
    • 4th Dec 07, 1:09 PM
    i have gone for S.P> too via greasy palm. how long will it take to receive £50?
    if it works it looks very good site for cashback.......finger cross..
    thanx for tip....
  • Handy Lassie
    • 4th Dec 07, 2:01 PM
    Told you so
    • 4th Dec 07, 2:01 PM
    Last time I posted something on this forum I was ridiculed for suggesting my then new supplier Spark Energy was worth a look at - I noticed them on another discussion board today and apparently they are the cheapest in quite a few regions but they don't appear on all the switching sites. Looks like I was right after all.
  • Flyball
    • 7th Dec 07, 1:43 PM
    • 7th Dec 07, 1:43 PM
    I am finding it difficult to get my £30. I went through the web site followed the instructions to the letter but alas, I am still chasing this money. The reason apparently is that my previous provider (Sainsburys Energy) and the provider I was recommended to switch to (Scottish Power - Online tariff) are one and the same, so my post is to tell people to be aware who (the company behind the supermarket front) their supplier is. If I continue to go unrewarded, should I switch again?
  • beez30
    • 7th Dec 07, 3:35 PM
    • 7th Dec 07, 3:35 PM
    I am also still awaiting my switch money from moneysupermarket. I switched on the 9th August and haven't heard anything from them since the switch confirmation e-mail. Should I now be chasing them up?
    • cozzie
    • By cozzie 8th Dec 07, 4:53 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    cozzie
    • 8th Dec 07, 4:53 PM
    • 8th Dec 07, 4:53 PM
    I too am awaiting my cashback from Moneysupermarket from my change over in August. I have had a rummage on their site, but, cannot find any contact details. Can anyone help pls?
    "And crawling on the planet's face,
    Some insects called the human race,
    Lost in time, and lost in space,
    And meaning"
  • Terrylw1
    • 8th Dec 07, 9:05 PM
    • 8th Dec 07, 9:05 PM
    I am also still awaiting my switch money from moneysupermarket. I switched on the 9th August and haven't heard anything from them since the switch confirmation e-mail. Should I now be chasing them up?
    Originally posted by beez30
    Yes, it says that it takes 2-3 months for the credit.

However, is the 09/08 date your switch date given to you by your new Supplier? The new Supplier informs them of the completed switch so is their date later by any chance?
    It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!
  • Terrylw1
    I too am awaiting my cashback from Moneysupermarket from my change over in August. I have had a rummage on their site, but, cannot find any contact details. Can anyone help pls?
    Originally posted by cozzie

See previous post about the time thing. Here are the contact details:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/ContactUs/
    It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!
  • Terrylw1
    I am finding it difficult to get my £30. I went through the web site followed the instructions to the letter but alas, I am still chasing this money. The reason apparently is that my previous provider (Sainsburys Energy) and the provider I was recommended to switch to (Scottish Power - Online tariff) are one and the same, so my post is to tell people to be aware who (the company behind the supermarket front) their supplier is. If I continue to go unrewarded, should I switch again?
    Originally posted by Flyball
    Hi,

SP used to be the energy supplier for Sainsburys Energy. They changed to EDF on 06/09/2006 so what you have been told is incorrect if you joined them after this date.

Here's some info. If you were with Sainsbury Energy before then, I'm afraid you have just done a normal switch so you will lose out on the cashback.

Worth doing a Google search of these shopfront companies just incase in the future. Nothing stopping you switching after a month so if you spot something better with cashback, it may be worth it.

Everyone needs to be careful on MS anyway as they don't let you keep getting this cashback.

http://www.edfenergytrust.org.uk/aboutnews.html
  • ribby
    U-Swtich not got Scottish Power on today....
    I've just switched (well asked to be...) and looked at most of the witching sites prior to hitting the button (and looked a couple of weeks ago)

U-Switch do not have Scottish Power on the list today - Who else are they missing?

Switched to SP via energyhelpline.
  • paulms
    Hi,

SP used to be the energy supplier for Sainsburys Energy. They changed to EDF on 06/09/2006 so what you have been told is incorrect if you joined them after this date.

Here's some info. If you were with Sainsbury Energy before then, I'm afraid you have just done a normal switch so you will lose out on the cashback.

Worth doing a Google search of these shopfront companies just incase in the future. Nothing stopping you switching after a month so if you spot something better with cashback, it may be worth it.

Everyone needs to be careful on MS anyway as they don't let you keep getting this cashback.

http://www.edfenergytrust.org.uk/aboutnews.html
    Originally posted by Terrylw1

For Flyball

Terrylw1 is correct in saying that Sainsburys Energy is now supplied by EDF Energy but on the basis of your post there does not appear to be any reason why you should not receive your cashback from Moneysupermarket.
    If you email me paul.schofield@,moneysupermarket.com and can tell me when you applied I will be pleased to investigate.
    • danthemoneysavingman
    • By danthemoneysavingman 18th Dec 07, 10:48 AM
    • 1,187 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    danthemoneysavingman
    Time to get capped rate deal?
    Considering the recent announcements of "difficult trading conditions" and hikes in tracker rates at BG & nPower, it suggested to me that this would well be the way forward. Switching to Southern was actually £4 (wow) a year cheaper, only c.£25 more per year than the cheapest dual fuel, got me £30 cashback and guards me against price hikes (that appear inevitable) in the next 12 months.
    Just my opinion of course
  • feefee
    spark
    has any one either using spark or has any info think they might be cheaper than scottish power who has made a mess of my account so would like to change supplier as i have no trust in scottish power
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
    • poppy10
    • By poppy10 4th Jan 08, 6:06 PM
    • 5,764 Posts
    • 7,007 Thanks
    poppy10
    The nPower figures are negative when they should be positive - they just put their prices UP, not down. Get your red ink out, MSE Martin.
    • allybee13
    • By allybee13 6th Jan 08, 11:02 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    allybee13
    The nPower figures are negative when they should be positive - they just put their prices UP, not down. Get your red ink out, MSE Martin.
    Originally posted by poppy10
    I wondered about that too - I thought it was just me being silly ...

I was on Gas Guardian 2008 so it looks like I am in for a substantial hike in cost if I stay with npower. No point in switching until the rest get their announcements out.

I'm fed up with npower because I paid out over £900 and only used £750 in fuel over the past year. I've had money back off them every single year for the past 4 years because they won't reduce my monthly payments enough.
    Debt Free since Feb 2007
    • fusty
    • By fusty 11th Jan 08, 4:07 PM
    • 879 Posts
    • 40,005 Thanks
    fusty
    Just a quick 'Thank You', changed Elec & Gas supplier following advice on this site, just received my cashback cheque, brilliant!!
    cheers

• londoncarl
    Anyone else had problems with Scottish Power, arranged a dual fuel switch and they only took my gas. Now stuck in limbo with both fuels in different places and no duel fuel discount with either supplier. Not helping is Scottish Power customer service which is dreadful.
    • mud7dan
    • By mud7dan 21st Jan 08, 10:31 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mud7dan
    ive never moved! price two bills 840 price. bg £35 and edf £35month.im nervous of how to change? should i now or wait?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,365Posts Today

6,082Users online

Martin's Twitter