First Post
Forumite
edited 26 March 2014 at 8:43PM in Energy

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of the

Gas & Electricity plus Cashback Article

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click reply

Read the old thread here

Comments

• Anyone know if the uSwitch wine offer can be combined with Quidco?
  • vixon_2
    vixon_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    I looked at USwitch and found that Scotish Power would save me a lot on a dual switch plus £7 cashback via Greasy Palm, when I checked Greasy Palm I could earn £50 cashback for going direct to Scotish Power them than using USwitch!!!!!:p Always check your cashback/point sites for special offers too.
    :j :beer: :j
  • i have gone for S.P> too via greasy palm. how long will it take to receive £50?
    if it works it looks very good site for cashback.......finger cross..
    thanx for tip....
  • Last time I posted something on this forum I was ridiculed for suggesting my then new supplier Spark Energy was worth a look at - I noticed them on another discussion board today and apparently they are the cheapest in quite a few regions but they don't appear on all the switching sites. Looks like I was right after all. :p
  • I am finding it difficult to get my £30. I went through the web site followed the instructions to the letter but alas, I am still chasing this money. The reason apparently is that my previous provider (Sainsburys Energy) and the provider I was recommended to switch to (Scottish Power - Online tariff) are one and the same, so my post is to tell people to be aware who (the company behind the supermarket front) their supplier is. If I continue to go unrewarded, should I switch again?
  • I am also still awaiting my switch money from moneysupermarket. I switched on the 9th August and haven't heard anything from them since the switch confirmation e-mail. Should I now be chasing them up?
  • cozzie
    cozzie Posts: 521
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I too am awaiting my cashback from Moneysupermarket from my change over in August. I have had a rummage on their site, but, cannot find any contact details. Can anyone help pls?
    "And crawling on the planet's face,
    Some insects called the human race,
    Lost in time, and lost in space,
    And meaning"
  • Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    beez30 wrote: »
    I am also still awaiting my switch money from moneysupermarket. I switched on the 9th August and haven't heard anything from them since the switch confirmation e-mail. Should I now be chasing them up?

Yes, it says that it takes 2-3 months for the credit.

However, is the 09/08 date your switch date given to you by your new Supplier? The new Supplier informs them of the completed switch so is their date later by any chance?
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
  • Terrylw1
    cozzie wrote: »
    I too am awaiting my cashback from Moneysupermarket from my change over in August. I have had a rummage on their site, but, cannot find any contact details. Can anyone help pls?

See previous post about the time thing. Here are the contact details:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/ContactUs/
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
  • Terrylw1
    Flyball wrote: »
    I am finding it difficult to get my £30. I went through the web site followed the instructions to the letter but alas, I am still chasing this money. The reason apparently is that my previous provider (Sainsburys Energy) and the provider I was recommended to switch to (Scottish Power - Online tariff) are one and the same, so my post is to tell people to be aware who (the company behind the supermarket front) their supplier is. If I continue to go unrewarded, should I switch again?

Hi,

SP used to be the energy supplier for Sainsburys Energy. They changed to EDF on 06/09/2006 so what you have been told is incorrect if you joined them after this date.

Here's some info. If you were with Sainsbury Energy before then, I'm afraid you have just done a normal switch so you will lose out on the cashback.

Worth doing a Google search of these shopfront companies just incase in the future. Nothing stopping you switching after a month so if you spot something better with cashback, it may be worth it.

Everyone needs to be careful on MS anyway as they don't let you keep getting this cashback.

http://www.edfenergytrust.org.uk/aboutnews.html
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback