Add your feedback on energy supplier Sainsbury’s Energy

Options

Comments

• Diddidi
    Diddidi Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used USwitch back in August 2013 and was advised that Sainsburys would be the best. I was nervous about British Gas being behind this as I left them a few years ago as they were unable to provide me with an electricity bill in 3 years of being with them. But, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went ahead with the switch. I should have guessed when the gas moved over without any problem but no sign of the electricity. Many telephone calls and 6 months later, there is still no sign of electricity being switched over. Now I have lost all the benefits of dual fuel with both Sainsbury and my existing supplier so I am worse off than if I had just stayed with them. The customer service staff are friendly and try to help but it just seems that the system keeps cancelling my order. It's extremely frustrating and I wish I hadn't bothered.
  • dollydiva
    Options
    We were with Sainsburys Energy for over a year.The switch was very smooth and happened easily. It was great for the Nectar Points, but their tariffs were high as compared to other suppliers and this was evident when I'd see how much we were paying as compared to our previous energy supplier (edf).

Customer Service was good, so I'll give them that and they were always polite on the phone and you got through easily (edf are a nightmare to contact). But as I say, I couldn't really ignore the extra cost. The Nectar Points were handy come Christmas though!
  • TheOneINT
    Options
    Not a fan with these type of set-ups!
  • claire2k1
    Options
    I used to be with Sainsbury's energy and I was more than happy!

I got convinced by a broker to join Opus and so now I am with them. However, this was a bad move on my part and I am starting to feel that i've been tricked.

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4901283

Anyway back on topic, i'll be more than happy to switch back to Sainsbury's. They were a perfect supplier for what I needed :)
  • JohnG
    JohnG Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    Just received our latest Statement from Sainsbury's which shows we are a mere £20.95 in debit. It seems our Electricity usage has gone up on this time last year probably because or Daughter has since returned home from Uni (Extra Shower usage, LapTop's, Mobile etc.) This is somewhat to be expected but what I wasn't expecting is a whopping 25% monthly increase based on their projections for the coming year! :mad:
    It seems they have factored in the end of our current Tariff in July (Rate was raised in line with BG's increases earlier and there is a penalty if we were to leave early) and the assumption that we will simply accept their Standard Tariff thereafter? :rotfl:
    Well that won't be happening, we will look to switch, probably to OVO as they appear to be ticking all the right boxes in terms of putting the customer first :T I certainly hope that will be the case.
  • JohnG
    JohnG Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    Just received a response to my 'Complaint' above and they confirm that the calculation was indeed "Slightly" :rotfl:inaccurate (Computer error)and they will increase by £10 a month as opposed to £22 :cool:.

I have suggested they pre-empt the possibility of inaccurate increases, assuming they can't check manually, by giving the customer the opportunity to evaluate and agree a proposed new monthly payment rather than simply force it upon them! It might help lessen the :eek: factor and avoid the need to make official complaints?
  • craggs
    craggs Posts: 256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looking to switch from scottish power to sainsburys energy as they are around £165 pa cheaper based on my previous kWh usage.

Just wondering if the online account management is ok to use?I find SP's pretty good and it has never been down when i've logged in.

Also SP has a habit of bumping the direct debit up by silly amounts,but a simple email to them sorts it out.What are sainsburys like for doing this?

Thanks
    Dony worry,be happy...
  • cklass
    cklass Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Sainsbury's Energy is a partnership with British Gas and so it uses their online management system, which is very good and easy to use. They review Direct Debits at least twice a year, and if you're not happy with the amount they've set, you can call them or send a message via your online account.

I don't have any experience of how well they deal with such requests as I never had any issues with my Direct Debit, but I did message them to get my credit refunded after I left them and they refunded it fairly promptly.

You should expect a very similar experience to that of being with British Gas, which a lot of people take as a negative thing, but I personally never had any problems with British Gas, it was simply their prices that lost them my custom.
  • craggs
    craggs Posts: 256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cklass wrote: »
    Sainsbury's Energy is a partnership with British Gas and so it uses their online management system, which is very good and easy to use. They review Direct Debits at least twice a year, and if you're not happy with the amount they've set, you can call them or send a message via your online account.

I don't have any experience of how well they deal with such requests as I never had any issues with my Direct Debit, but I did message them to get my credit refunded after I left them and they refunded it fairly promptly.

You should expect a very similar experience to that of being with British Gas, which a lot of people take as a negative thing, but I personally never had any problems with British Gas, it was simply their prices that lost them my custom.

Thanks for your reply,sounds like the online is fine in that case.

I'll be going over to this offer I think,its certainly A good saving a month.I have been with scottish power for years with no problems myself.only the silly DD amounts,that they always fix and obviously prices,otherwise I would be stopping.

Thanks for your help :)
    Dony worry,be happy...
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was considering changing to sainsburys energy however I was not impressed with the first letter they sent me. Firstly it stated they had done a credit check. And that I needed to deposit close to £200 with the. I've never had any credit problems. I basically did not like the tone of there letter.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback