PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• Hello everyone, I currently have a stinker of a head cold and am feeling very sorry for myself. I don't get the lurgy often but when I do, Yukkk!!! I've been the chutney queen of Hamnpshire for the past couple of days and have manufactured enough condimentage to see us through next year, made the whole house smell though, but the vinegar fumes helped keep my sinuses clear!!! I also dried a huge amount of raspberries and blackberries with great success. It took nearly 2 days mind you but they are very light and crisp, like those in expensive packs of breakfast cereal. Will definately do more as they continue to ripen. I shall be making some Picalilli Pickle when I've got a cauliflower, have everything else and then on to jams and jellys. We'll take ourselves off to the New Forest to pick crab apples when I'm feeling better, we know a little track where there are crab apple trees everywhere so easy picking. I love the store room when the preserving is done, it always makes me feel safe and secure for the winter, I think I must be part squirrel!!! Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • flowertotmum
    flowertotmum Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 19 September 2013 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Hi all...o MLW..i hope you feel better soon..sam and simon have rotten colds..they sound like batman and batman lol...hugs for you hoping you feel better...wow i bet your house smelt totally yummy. I love it when i make chutney or jam and my house smells of it..it wafted out the door last time and my neighbour said it smelt good..
    Wishing i could go with you to the New Forest..i would love it..even better when you get a basket full of crab apples to make into jelly..
    Yes i love it too when my little pantry has lots of jams and pickles to see us through the winter..i have to admit that Autumn is our fave season..we have been making lots of Autumn decorations for the home..the girls have made some lovely leaf rubbings ..hopefully fingers crossed we are going to the woods next week to collect leaves and conkers and some acorns..i think we all must be part squirrel..it does make you feel safe and secure to know that you have stores through the cold weather..all cozy inside with lovely food you have grown or made.Its something i have always loved that feeling of satisfaction..you grew it,made it and stored it..
    As my laptop was down for a while i had some making up to do..ebay got hit..i have won some lovely lego for the girls for christmas,and some books too..so my little box of presents is filling up nicely.
    Poor jack went to the groomers on tuesday...he looks like a totally different pup now..he was very hairy bless him..i think he looked bigger coz of the hair..now he looks skinny..but adorable..i think he has a new friend in the lady that does it..he is a shameless ladies man lol.
    Its one of my girls birthday today..blimey 25..it really doesn't feel like it...we had no clue what to get her so flowers were the choice..she loved them..the girls made her a card..her chap is treating them to a meal tonight..so she is having a lovely relaxing day, and i seriously can't believe my little baby is 25..so unfair how time just goes.
    I took the girls to a little park yesterday..it was empty as planned..we had great fun with it all to ourselves..until 2 mummies turned up with their little ones(fair enough)..we were playing tig and running about..as i was running i heard one say " good lord..its a kids play park not for running around in.."..i ignored that..silly so and so..the next one made me laugh out loud that they got their kiddies and left..one said.."o my god she has a Cath Kidston bag"..what?????????????...the heck does that even mean..yes i do have CK bag..but its a bag that's all.O it did make me chuckle..i sometimes forget that i am 45 and should be shuffling around not being a fun mum and having a laugh with my girls..some people make me laugh..and should seriously get over it.
    O well never mind..i will avoid the under 30's they are so boring lol.
    right its lunch time and carrot soup is on the menu..
    take care
    love
    ftm
    Be who you are, not what the world expects you to be..:smileyhea

:jDebt free and loving it.
  • FTM don't change a thing, give those uneducated younger mums something to aspire to!!! What do you think they'd make of a 65 year old soon to be grandma picking up conkers and jumping in puddles??? I'm never going to grow up, grown ups don't have any fun do they? Care to join me? Love Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    FTM and Mrs LW don't ever change.

I am 68, and my younger granddaughter(aged 14) says "Nan you are mad". She says it with love in her voice and a nicer compliment I couldn't receive.

Some days, yes I feel 68, but most days I am about 25 in my head. Long may it continue .
  • Good girl CANDLELIGHT keep up the good work, leave growing up to those who have less imagination and mischief in thier souls!!! Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • flowertotmum
    Options
    MLW and candlelight..i have visions of you both puddle jumping..i have no intention of ever changing...in my head i am 18 and a young mum all over again..in reality i am 45,fit,healthy and full of mischief lol...and still a mum to 2 of the loveliest little girls(my bonus babies)..who would think something was seriously wrong if i walked passed a puddle and didn't jump in it...
    As for the other mums well..they will grow up i think...
    thanks ladies
    as my motto says"be who you are,not what the world expects you to be"
    love ftm

• candlelight_2013
    Options
    FTM I have lurked on this thread for some time, and I have to say you sound as though you have a wonderful happy family, and your two little ones so contented. You are doing a grand job with the home education as well, and those 2 little girls will grow up to be happy and contented adults.

Just a little story you might be interested in. I have always done crafts and baking with my 3 grandchildren, and in particular with my elder dgd. I have taken her to a certain Craft Show at the NEC since she was about 7. We would go over on the train, which was an adventure for her, I would give her pocket money which she could spend as she wished.

This went on until a couple of years ago, when I was receiving treatment for breast cancer and couldn't go,and the following year she couldn't go. I thought she probably won't want to go with her Nan again because she was so much older.

Anyway she and her boyfriend came for tea a couple of weeks ago and we were talking about what lovely times we had and she said "Nan can we go this year". To say I was chuffed is an understatement.

So come November my beautiful 20 year old DGD and I will be having a wonderful day out together, and I truly believe this all goes back to the time I spent with her when she was little.

Mrs.LW if you have half as much fun with Lentil as I have had you will be one happy lady.
  • Thanks CANDLELIGHT I fully intend to! I've waited a very long time for this little bundle, I was 36 when I had Lentils mum and she's 30 next year, oh my goodness am I going to have fun!!!!! Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Loving the idea of all of us puddle jumpers! I take life far too seriously and need to take time to jump in some puddles.

Lovely weekend with the family, glad you liked the pickled courgettes and homemade wine Vicky.

Its our anniversary tomorrow. We will be going to the county show during the day then out to dinner using some vouchers from nectar.

Sunday will mostly be spent pickling, batch cooking and preserving.

Have a lovely weekend all x
  • flowertotmum
    Options
    Morning all...hope your ok..

Candlelight..that is so heart warming..and yes i think its because you spent time with your dgd that she has fond memories..these will last her forever..its lovely..am hoping my grandchildren feel the same..they love coming to my house to play..they love pond dipping and feeding the chickens with me. Time is a precious gift and spending it and enjoying it with loved ones is so precious.
    MLW..i love being a grandma..its rewarding and fun..and each one is so different and has their own little quirks..

Kate..Happy Anniversary...enjoy your meal..hope the weather is nice for your day out..my my my you are a busy bunny..pickling batch cooking..sounds like my sundays..

Well i have been up since 6..loaf in,washing in,hubby fed and gone to work..all quiet in the house..i am hoping girls have a lie in???????? do little ones have them..no they don't lol..they are tired and were grumpy yesterday..
    I took them for a walk yesterday afternoon..went down the lane and scoped out the conkers..then up to the charity shop..i bought some new pink single bed sheets and pillow cases,a lovely little thermos flask and a gorgeous mickey mouse and pals bed sheet for iris..she fell in love with it..it has been washed and dried..just needs ironing....i have been a bit cheeky and bought some lovely clothes for myself too..some lovely long knitted dresses and 2 jumpers..plus a cardigan..i couldn't believe my luck..most are new with the tags on and some look hardly worn..£11 for the lot..i can mix and match them with other jeans and trousers for a new wardrobe for winter.
    Wether you can tell or not but there was a gap of 10 mins in my typing this..poor Fern has woken up and been sick..only a little but she looks awfully pale..is currently laid on sofa with a bucket next to her..now i know why she was grumpy..o dear..iris will be next..right will have to go and change the bed..
    take care all
    love
    ftm

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts