Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• ASavvyBuyer
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Well, I've not had any major problems with Iresa myself, but I've started a switch back to E.ON.

Hoping I don't get messed around with the transfer or the refund of about £50 in credit for each fuel.

If it goes smoothly, I wouldn't rule out switching back in a year if the price was right. If it goes smoothly.

Same here, no problems with Iresa for our electric for ourselves or an older relative that we helped switch to them.

Still showing that we are on the lowest cost whenever we do a comparison and that their current tariff is the next best one to switch to for our area and consumption. So when it comes to the end of the 1st year contract, very likely to stay with Iresa (unless they put their prices up significantly).

Any contact, via their online contact system, has been answered within a few days; not instant but within a reasonable timescale.
  • pennywise63
    Options
    Brexit is being blamed for any price increases everywhere, Not true if you can be bothered to research and shop around .
  • pennywise63
    Options
    Brexit is being blamed for any price increases everywhere, Not true if you can be bothered to research and shop around .
  • miniemma
    Options
    Is anyone else still stuck in the same position as I am?

Been with Iresa since February and entered meter readings every month as requested.

Not a single elec reading has been validated! Despite going through the ombudsman (starting in May!!!) who eventually gave Iresa until 30 Aug to sort this out. I rang the ombudsman on 30 Aug who then rang Iresa who basically told them they are 'working on it'! and they were given another 14 days!

What is the point of the ombudsman?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    miniemma wrote: »
    Is anyone else still stuck in the same position as I am?

Been with Iresa since February and entered meter readings every month as requested.

Not a single elec reading has been validated! Despite going through the ombudsman (starting in May!!!) who eventually gave Iresa until 30 Aug to sort this out. I rang the ombudsman on 30 Aug who then rang Iresa who basically told them they are 'working on it'! and they were given another 14 days!

What is the point of the ombudsman?

Report the problem to consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Report the problem to [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk"]consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

Don't waste your time

Macman's response to me in post#1199 explains why...
    macman wrote: »
    Ofgem do not handle consumer complaints. ...
  • System
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    Don't waste your time

Macman's response to me in post#1199 explains why...

Ofgem, as the energy Regulator, monitors supplier performance. If people don’t tell them about issues, then they are unlikely to find out. Why do you think Ofgem stopped Iresa from taking on new customers for 3 months?
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 September 2017 at 8:51AM
    Options
    Ofgem, as the energy Regulator, monitors supplier performance. If people don’t tell them about issues, then they are unlikely to find out....

Suppliers are required to publish all complaint data, so Ofgem have the same access to that as we all do.
    Also, I believe the ombudsman service report data to Ofgem over the complaints they are required to be involved in.
    ...Why do you think Ofgem stopped Iresa from taking on new customers for 3 months?

I wasn't aware Ofgem did. The new supplier decided themselves to stop taking on new customers, similar to other new, small suppliers like Flow have done in the past.
    that's what happens sometimes when demand for a new supplier exceeds that expected.
    And you can see why the demand is so strong by consulting any comparison site.

I can't find any evidence to support your allegation on the Ofgem website, can you?
    Thought not ... :cool:
  • System
    edited 14 September 2017 at 8:54AM
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    I wasn't aware Ofgem did. The new supplier decided themselves to stop taking on new customers, similar to other new, small suppliers like Flow have done in the past.
    that's what happens sometimes when demand for a new supplier exceeds that expected.
    And you can see why the demand is so strong by consulting any comparison site.

I can't find any evidence to support your allegation on the Ofgem website, can you?
    Thought not ... :cool:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/04/13/uks-cheapest-energy-supplier-closes-doors-new-customers/

If you read Ofgem's Enforcement Guidelines, you will see that Ofgem doesn't always take formal enforcement action to promote a change in supplier behaviour.
  • wavelets
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/04/13/uks-cheapest-energy-supplier-closes-doors-new-customers/

If you read Ofgem's Enforcement Guidelines, you will see that Ofgem doesn't always take formal enforcement action to promote a change in supplier behaviour.

#OldNews
    Already discussed at length in this thread

But thanks for confirming that you were entirely wrong about your allegations that "Ofgem stopped Iresa from taking on new customers for 3 months"
    :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport