Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• thelight
    Options
    I'm wondering if there is a different way to apply to go onto their variable tariff that I am missing?

I've just visited their website and tried to apply, but the only option it gives me is the 12 month fixed deal.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shows both for me.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why do you want to go on the SVT, since there are no exit fees on the fix?
    I thought that every supplier has to offer an SVT, only if to serve as the default tariff?
    My electricity account says that a bill will be generated on the 10th of each month. Nothing showing as yet.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    My electricity account says that a bill will be generated on the 10th of each month. Nothing showing as yet.

I'd suggest you get onto Ofgem about them!!!

Don't forget to include their terms and conditions which you agreed to abide by when you entered into the supply contract from them, which as footyguy alludes to, says:
    4.1 We will send you a bill or statement at least once a year,...
    http://www.iresa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Iresa-Terms-and-Conditions-for-Domestic-Supply-v4.pdf
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ofgem do not handle consumer complaints. I already have had a complaint against Iresa upheld by the OE: the issue now is that they don't seem to want to get involved in getting Iresa to implement the remedy.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If I look for a new quote for leccy ,IRESA only list the fixed deal.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I already have had a complaint against Iresa upheld by the OE: the issue now is that they don't seem to want to get involved in getting Iresa to implement the remedy.

Sounds like you possibly need to follow the complaint procedure against the OS.

And/Or simply start legal procedings againsst the supplier, and simply cite the resolution the OS came up with (and you presumably accepted)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    If I look for a new quote for leccy ,IRESA only list the fixed deal.
    Just tried it - dual fuel fixed and variable, elec fixed only.
  • JaneBear
    Options
    I switched to Iresa on a fixed dual fuel deal. So far, so good - no problems. Regular emails asking for meter readings and confirm direct debit payments going out. Sometimes their website isn't responsive but other than that I'm glad I risked the move to Iresa.
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Well, I've not had any major problems with Iresa myself, but I've started a switch back to E.ON.

Hoping I don't get messed around with the transfer or the refund of about £50 in credit for each fuel.

If it goes smoothly, I wouldn't rule out switching back in a year if the price was right. If it goes smoothly.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure