MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback

Options

Comments

• lizzyjm
    lizzyjm Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree, it is a good deal, but only if you factor in the voucher and it is a palavar to have to chase up - I imgine plenty of people just forget about it. I have every intention of returning to GiffGaff when my contract's up in August though, unless EE want to give me another £120 voucher to stay with them!
  • Rock_King
    Options
    I do not work for EE nor associated with them at all.
    I switched in Jan 2015 via MSE and got my £50 amazon credit in 2 months and 20 days (roughly). Last week I got a call from EE explaining my cheap plan was expiring and offering me the same deal (unltd b/b & w/end calls) for £190 upfront for a year. A pretty good deal with only SSC doing better on MSE. Firstly 10 out of 10 for offering a deal rather than just letting me carry on at a higher cost. Anyway, I called them back explaining how SSC was a little cheaper (about £20 over 18 months) and they offered me a deal at £151 for the year!!!!!!!!! Salesman promised it was the same as before unltd b/band etc. Definite 100% vote from me.
  • msiviter
    Options
    Throttled to the max, poor latency too. Then they billed me at the full rate for three months after I cancelled. After three phonecalls I'm still trying to get the money back. I'd say it wasnt even worth the £2.50 a month. :mad:
  • AlteredSnail
    Options
    So far not very good at all.

I switched from BT to EE in order to save costs. My mum had done it in the local shop and was told we'd be setup and ready to go by the 10th of April. Everything has been set up but no internet.

It's now been two weeks since then and despite several calls to EE no one is able to explain why we still have no internet, instead we've just been bounced from pillar to post and met with further delays and staff trying to sell us further products
  • treasure_ireland
    Options
    EE's website says:
    It looks like the landline number you've provided isn't compatible for EE Broadband. This means you will need an engineer visit and you will be issued with a new telephone number.

Phoned them, it is compatible, it doesn't need an engineer visit & i can keep my number. They won't honour the offer (£125 mastercard) and the websites response will not update.

Anyone else had this problem, but had the offer honoured?
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just tried to switch from Sky and got the same comment on their website stating new number required plus engineer visit as line not compatible. Went on to Facebook and EE suggested I phone their 0800 number and they would sign me up. Of course if I did this I presume I wouldn't get the £125 offer.
  • moosechan
    Options
    I just ordered a switch to EE's new Home Broadband (non-fibre) deal using the 0800 phone number, which works out to £306 in total (paying up front). Fingers crossed it will all work out!

A query, what happens if I am unhappy with the service during the contract period of 18 months? Say if they hike their prices and I can switch away without penalties, as I have paid all the costs upfront, can I get the remainder of the money back if I switch away?
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    EE's website says:
    It looks like the landline number you've provided isn't compatible for EE Broadband. This means you will need an engineer visit and you will be issued with a new telephone number.

Phoned them, it is compatible, it doesn't need an engineer visit & i can keep my number. They won't honour the offer (£125 mastercard) and the websites response will not update.

Anyone else had this problem, but had the offer honoured?

I am considering this offer but was put off by not being able to keep my number. I assume it is a mistake but I would only go with EE for the full offer in the newsletter. Maybe there will be better offers later in the year.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2017 at 3:55PM
    Options
    Just spent over 1 hour with the chat advisor as no matter what I did I couldn't place my order due to the service engineer and new number required comment on EE's web page also kept getting returned to the MSE comparison site. In the end the advisor told me to try again after ending the chat, I did and now the order has gone through. Currently paying Sky £38 so the new charge from EE will give me a saving of £20 per month.

Sorry should have said saving of £27 per month with MSE offer.
  • MrsMoo243
    Options
    MSE website quotes

'Until Thur 21 Sep, new customers to EE broadband* (ie, those who don't currently have it installed) can get the firm's unlimited up-to-17Mb speed broadband on an 18-month contract'

But beware as I am now stuck with 1Mb minimum guaranteed speed which is NOT sufficient to stream TV or EVEN check emails without constant buffering!

At time of sale, the only line speeds discussed were the estimated speed of between 3.5-5.5Mb.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure