The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    meals out for under a tenner are more common now, especially with all the vouchers and deals around. Its a shame about the £125 but should come in handy next month !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 10:36PM
    Options
    I think so. I am deciding what I should do tomorrow.

I think I will have some gladioli that got me cheap to plant. My handyman rang and said that he is definitely coming next week to start my bedroom. :j I love having work done on the house. It feels like I am making it better and an investment.

There is a gorgeous red coat on ebay. It is at a really bargain price. I think I might treat myself. I have just culled 4 coats from my coat wardrobe for charity as penance. Steve says I can't have it so I have a broken heart. Steve is no longer my best friend or my boyfriend (pretend) even if he is gay I don't care it's over. OVER. OVER. I'm going to die in front of telly. I have said this to Steve and Susan over the phone and they are laughing. I feel like miss piggy and the dying swan mixed with Rupert Everett. I'm coatless and starving and my life is over.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I am dead. Goodbye. And STeven don't ring me again. EVER.
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Options
    Do you want some licourice
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • savingwannabe
    edited 17 March 2017 at 1:56PM
    Options
    Susan we love you so much. Thank you. Susan and Steve got my liquorice as a treat last night to celebrate my passing from unconspicous consumption. It was delish. Andy even texted me from work that he was still talking to me. I didn't spend money on a GORGEOUS RED KAREN MILLEN COAT and I SURVIVED. I realise now whenever I see red clothes I have to have them and they are right all I do is wear them a few times and then get fed up of them. This is a valuable lesson if I don't buy something I want I can survive. It is terrible for a bit but then it is fine after and I am still alive.

I have saved some money £50 as I didn't buy the coat - I couldn't have afforded that much anyway. We did a survey the other day and I gave some money to Oxfam from it and have banked the rest into my xmas fund. £20. So today is a good day and I have just got up.

The weather looks gorgeous but it is only going to last for a bit. I am in tidy mode today and am going to have a good day. I have washed some clothes and might tidy some of the shoes in my shoe rack as I think it takes up too much space in spare bedroom. It was Susan's idea she is v good at home interiors. It is a little project for today. Operation Clear Shoes has been completed. I do have a bedside cabinet that needs emptying and I might do that later.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on resisting the coat SW :TIts so hard, sometimes its I WANT even though we know we shouldn't :p

Well done you on all the tidying. I wish I could be more disciplined I still haven't sorted out the wardrobe sitting in my kitchen in bits :o
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I only stopped myself because the gang told me not to. I would have been regretting it today if I had, I am so grateful I didn't get it. lol.

The only reason I am getting things done is because I am off work. There is no way I could do any of this if I was at work Skint Yet Again.

How are you?
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Blood tests on Tuesday so will see what happens next... Its really windy outside, DS has just gone to work and I am bored. Trouble is I eat when I am bored :o rather than shop ... must resist I have eaten and I am not hungry ... takeaways to me are like coats to you SW :rotfl:

Living off savings diary
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Your friends sound so lovely SW - mine are always encouraging me to spend money!! If you've just got rid of 4 coats it's because you don't need them so there's not a lot of sense in taking £50 out of your wallet and putting it into your wardrobe if you don't need to :)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    My friends are great. They are so funny. One of my work friends visited yesterday and Steve rang up not realising. Because they are worried I am down he keeps ringing up saying funny things on the phone.

Yesterday I passed the phone to my work friend and Steve said unknowing it wasn't me: ".. Hello I am doing a survey on ladies knockers..." he always says that to make me laugh as he knows I am quite small in that dept. Anyway M (a male who knows Steve luckily) burst out laughing. I am still shaking - he is soooo funny.

It is horrid outside. I have to write a lesson today and I might move my cookery books into the kitchen again as I really have to start cooking a wider range of meals.

I hope you are all ok. It does look rather grim outside, I hope it gets better. :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure