No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2016

Options

Comments

• seasideDreamer
    Options
    UU Burt Bees Lip Balm Pink Grapefruit, down to 3 now but luckily my friend is in the US on holiday and is helping me replenish:money:
    Debt free and busy treating myself:)

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
  • Lou85
    Lou85 Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I went into town and didn't actually buy that many toiletries but instead bought loads of comfy clothes for my hospital bag and for nursing after the baby is here...definitely cheered me up as OH paid for everything!

After hearing about the Korean stuff you've been talking about and bargains in TK Maxx I decided to investigate.

INs:
    5 x Korean sheet masks - unsure of the exact brand but they have red wine extract
    Got some baby toiletries too but not gonna list them as they are essential

I went to L'Occitane as I want to treat myself but forgot to take the flyer I got yesterday for a GWP. Also when I was there I couldn't find the big sized almond hand cream which is mainly what I was after so I asked the guy and he told me I could only get it on QVC but I've since checked their own website and it's there...maybe they just don't stock it in store? However I'm now considering buying it from QVC as it will work out slightly cheaper to buy 2 from them including postage than 2 direct from L'occitane (even though I don't need 2...) and I really want the almond shower oil with the eco refill. I had the oil years ago and loved it but just couldn't justify the price but the set with the refill is decent and I remember it lasting a long time so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to them!

UU:
    Garnier sheet mask - really nice smell and my face feels lovely and soft afterwards

Fixx - I think it may have been me asking about mascaras so thanks for that. I'm currently using a GWP No7 mascara which is surprisingly good but I do have a Maybelline one to try after that. I don't think it's the one you recommended right enough but we'll see how good it is.
    #27 £2016 in 2016 = £763.61

#42 £2 Savers Club = £160

*Savers Club not included in overall 2016 savings until the tin is opened and my estimates have been confirmed later in the year.
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gemzie I am sorry for what you are going through :grouphug:

IN
    La Roche possay pigmentclar serum, bought for just over £8 in reduce section in boots
    1 sheet mask from beauty box

UU's
    15) The bodyshop lotus body butter 200ml WNBA I like the body butters from bodyshop but did not like the scent of this.

16) lush sex bomb bath bomb WBA love the scent of this and will always repurchase.

17) batiste WBA works well but do go through a bottle quickly.

18) pure deem vitamin sheet mask WNBA not keen on the eye holes and prefer other sheet masks.

19) Lush alien and monster fun WNBA not really fun for me. Scented with Lord of Misrule ( favourite lush scent) but that's really all its got going. You have to make sure you wrap it and keep it away from air or it turns into a liquid. Making shapes out of it is not my kind of fun, can be used as a soap but as it contains so much cornflower it leaves a residue on my skin which is unpleasant. Can be used as a bubble bar and that's what I do and you do gets lots of uses which makes it a more affordable lush product. But the bubbles last less than 5 minutes and you can't smell the product so I get coloured water for which I may as well buy a bit of food colouring. Still have 3 more bars to finish.

20) Tony moly lovely lip patch WNBA did not stay on, these are a gel patch you apply over your lips and leave for 20 minutes to hydrate them. It's too thick and does not stay on even with a sheet mask over so I gave up.

21) leaders amino sheet mask WBA great mask, works well, very saturated and fits well.

22) Future primitive Shea sugar scrub in fig and saffron WNBA I had such high hopes for this variety and yes they are a good scrub but they coat you in a layer of oil which I did not like. Have another 3 or 4 of this variety.

23) Lush golden wonder bath bomb WBA a quick and pretty fizzes with lasting refreshing scent.

24) Future primative whipped soap in cold pillow WBA works well for shaving and it takes me about 6 weeks to get through a pot.

25) it's skin clear skin swab WNBA a bit of a gimmicky product and a single use product. Seems okay but would not buy again. I have products that contain AHA and BHA's which I prefer and would work out far cheaper.

26) Lador hair filler WBA also given 3 away of these this week to someone who get through them far quicker than I. Works as a deep conditioner that my hair needs.

27) Iope essential tone and wrinkle care eye cream 25ml WNBA nice enough but did not do enough to want to purchase again. I prefer a lighter lotion that absorbs quicker, I had to pay quite a bit to get it to absorb. Lasts forever as all eye creams seem to do with me.

28) St Tropez firing gradual tan 150ml WNBA works okay and looks even, I think this is well past its best and I have found a bottle of dove gradual tanner to use up. I have to say this had the unpleasant fake tan smell.

I am currently in culling mode and will continue to use things up. I know I get through far more than the average but also us lots of products on a daily basis.
  • Catriona_P
    Options
    Hi everyone. Dipping in at an odd time I know having been absent (although lurking) fro the group for over a year. Nice to see so many familiar names though if the old hands here still remember me!

Life is finally getting better again after being rough for so long but it's also meant my stash list has been creeping up again - total stash list gone from 178 in January to 186 now so I'm determined to bring that down by the end of the year.

On that note - can anyone recommend me a good (and not too expensive) factor 50 sunscreen that's ok for sensitive skin? I'm going away at the end of the week and really struggle to find good sunscreens that don't give me a breakout on my face.

Gemzie - the working conditions you're in sound terrible,have you thought about contacting the HSE? You can do it anonymously and they'd probably be very interested in hearing how unsafe the place is!
    "Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it."
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Catriona_P wrote: »
    On that note - can anyone recommend me a good (and not too expensive) factor 50 sunscreen that's ok for sensitive skin? I'm going away at the end of the week and really struggle to find good sunscreens that don't give me a breakout on my face.

I have used both the Avene and La Roche Posay ones without having any allergic reactions.
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    I've had a bit of a spending spree INS: in tmaxx beauty event I got organic surge gardeners hand scrub, Tisserand travel oil. Then I got 2 Neals yard geranium and orange body creams with the instyle magazines. But I did save about £22.00.

One UU faith in nature aloe Vera shampoo HG just got to get one as a spare with my loyalty points at the end of the year.
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    INs
    3 face masks
    4 bottles of impulse set both very belated birthday presents.

UUS
    29) Todak blue mask pack WNBA a wash off mask and you get 2/3 uses with each. Not sure if they actually do anything.

30/31) lush butter bear bath bombs WBA but only in sale. One had unfortunately been decapitated but they smell nice I do think you need 2 though not one as they are tiny. One left to use.

32) Tony moly super peeling liquid foot mask WBA love them but after the last time my feet being in full peeling mode and being away I thought I would use one now so no one would see my feet. They really do peel, it is disgusting but it does work.
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    Two small sample ins for me, both from a brand called MOA who only do two products. I have a bath soak and a multi purpose balm. Excited to try the soak as is like a powerful peppermint and fennel I think, sounds like it might do wonders for achey muscles!

I need to get using up my samples ....
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Catriona good to 'see' you. I too use the LA roche posay one. Pleased that life is better now
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gemzie121 wrote: »
    Hi everyone im a bit late to the party i know but been very busy. We were forced out of our house 2 weeks ago and as our new house isnt ready to move into yet[...]

With my work, i had my meeting. Explained how i could manage most roles at my current care home that ive worked at 5 years and my preference was there. They decided with no warning or notice to send me to the kitchen at the much bigger (and i mean bigger, its massive) and busier sister home that is miles away (new house is only 10 min from my old care home, thats why we bought it!) i did a shift there the other day as i turned up for a shift at old care home and was told to get my !!! straight to the sister one and that it was to be my new work place, but it was clear that it was a completely unsuitable adjustment and my gp agrees they are bullying me into resigning by setting me up to fail.

Oh Gemzie, I didnt see this yesterday but this is terrible! I think you have every right to have a pity-party. I think any reasonable human would!

I hope the meeting with the solicitor has gone well, but if I'm honest, they sound like horrible, horrible people to work for. I know you don't want to be pushed, but perhaps keep an eye our for somewhere nicer to work in the future. You deserve *much* better than this.

A plague on all their houses and may karma repay them tenfold for their horribleness and meanness! :mad: :mad: :mad:

UU Burt Bees Lip Balm Pink Grapefruit, down to 3 now but luckily my friend is in the US on holiday and is helping me replenish:money:
    I was in TKMaxx the other day and they had some of these.

I have one more UU: Sanctuary Mandelular Sensuous Shower Cream (75ml). WIBA? It was nice. I'm going to try to make my own stuff so I'm hoping not to buy any more shop-bought stuff, but I wouldn't feel aggrieved at finding this in my stash..at a bargainous price, of course! ;)
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family