Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• percymon
    Options
    Update, several calls yesterday with service complaints team trying to contact the collection depot yielded no response. Email to Mike Cooper and Elaine Boyle ( now Client Development ) yielded no response.
    Called again this morning, got nowhere other than asking to speak to service manager which resulted in being transferred to the yodeldirect robotic tracking line which still insists it’s been collected.

Email resent to Elaine / Mike which did get a response that she’d asked local depot manager to contact me. I just hope her email message finds a more positive response than the service team attempts.

6 days since service booked, 4 days since false collection and still looking at the parcel in my hallway.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    book a cheap courier at their busiest time of the year.
    Most likely time to have problems.
  • percymon
    Options
    custardy wrote: »

A rather nieve statement since you have no idea what i paid, what item i was shipping at what value and what options i had available. Plus the courier companies know its peak time, if they can't deliver their service promise perhaps they shouldn't offer it in the first place.

Anyway on a positive note it appears that repeated emails to the senior board members eventually has some impact, so by 11am yesterday i'd had email responses and a call (from personal mobile with number) and email from the Sector Manager. Collection arranged for 2pm, driver was spot on time and the item is now at the delivery depot.

So not the best experience, but hopefully my customer gets their item today.

At this time of year there is a peak demand, I appreciate that, and no doubt all the big courier/transport companies hire additional agency drivers (who may differ in their professionalism). I wasn't too impressed by the original drivers lies but I was more disappointed by the horrid loop that I entered in trying to get a recollection.

Yodel have no idea whether next year i might send a thousand items, but on this basis I won;t risk my reputation with my customers by using them again.
  • custardy
    Options
    percymon wrote: »
    A rather nieve statement since you have no idea what i paid, what item i was shipping at what value and what options i had available. Plus the courier companies know its peak time, if they can't deliver their service promise perhaps they shouldn't offer it in the first place.

Anyway on a positive note it appears that repeated emails to the senior board members eventually has some impact, so by 11am yesterday i'd had email responses and a call (from personal mobile with number) and email from the Sector Manager. Collection arranged for 2pm, driver was spot on time and the item is now at the delivery depot.

So not the best experience, but hopefully my customer gets their item today.

At this time of year there is a peak demand, I appreciate that, and no doubt all the big courier/transport companies hire additional agency drivers (who may differ in their professionalism). I wasn't too impressed by the original drivers lies but I was more disappointed by the horrid loop that I entered in trying to get a recollection.

Yodel have no idea whether next year i might send a thousand items, but on this basis I won;t risk my reputation with my customers by using them again.

Yes naive. What you paid is irrelevant.
    If you paid a lot,you also overpaid.
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

You might expect schedule problems, but not for the courier to lie or mistakenly state that the parcel had been collected.
  • custardy
    Options
    gwapenut wrote: »
    You might expect schedule problems, but not for the courier to lie or mistakenly state that the parcel had been collected.

I would expect like most parcel scanning systems they have limited selections.
    Eg they wont have not enough time/too much work as an option (likely the reality though) so will close off the track.
  • grayme-m
    grayme-m Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would expect like most parcel scanning systems they have limited selections.
    Eg they wont have not enough time/too much work as an option (likely the reality though) so will close off the track.

Am I missing something?

We've come to expect the courier to update the case as 'called, no answer', but to say it has been collected when it hasn't leaves them open to a claim of 'where's me parcel, pay me compo'?
    Toyota - 'Always a better way', avoid buying Toyota.
  • custardy
    Options
    grayme-m wrote: »
    Am I missing something?

We've come to expect the courier to update the case as 'called, no answer', but to say it has been collected when it hasn't leaves them open to a claim of 'where's me parcel, pay me compo'?

I would doubt it given there would be no scan against the parcel.
    I'll say it again as folks seem to struggle.

Its the busiest time
    Its a budget courier
    Its more likely you will have an issue now, than other times.
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was expecting a delivary through the royal mail in the next few days and recieved a text on Sunday to say Yodel had delivered it. I was panicked as we were 200 miles away and I had not paid for next day delivary. Coupled with the fact my dad then phoned to say they had had heavy snow at home and look a local news for travel info before coming home. I had images of my parcel hidden in some random part of the garden as is usual for Yodel and an e-mail telling me it was in the shed or greenhouse (we have niether) under a load of snow .. not this time, for once Yodel had the sense to ask my nieghbour to take it in due to the weather conditions. Why can't they do this in heavy rain is beyond me.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would doubt it given there would be no scan against the parcel.
    I'll say it again as folks seem to struggle.

Its the busiest time
    Its a budget courier
    Its more likely you will have an issue now, than other times.

Folks aren't struggling. You're just making too many excuses for your profession.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure