*The Holly and the Ivy* and the You Know What 2013 Chatter Thread.

Options

Comments

• azjh77
    azjh77 Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, today I REALLY must finish my maths coursework, but OH wants to go to Asda, It's a 45 minute walk each way, and we'll be dragging 4 kids. We do need some food, but I'm not keen.

Glad to see so many people trying out crochet! I'm really enjoying mine, don't know that I'm going to be able to get the flowers to look as good as the original though.

And it would seem we have no milk..which means no coffee... :coffee: sigh... Asda it is then.

If I don't speak to you all later(because I WILL be doing my coursework!) Happy New Year to you all

15 crafts for 2015 challenge.
    Christmas 2015 - started to save/wrap!
  • salt_and_pepper
    Options
    Hiya, wonder if i can join in. I haven't thought of buying for next xmas yet though.Really don't fancy hitting the sales- done my little bit online, stocking up on boys sporty stuff for summer hols! Just wondering whether you might motivate me into achieving a few things in 2013. I need to finish decorating my daughters bedroom and buy a new carpet and then decorate my living room ready for a new suite which should arrive in february. Oh and sort out my credit card- can't decide whether to use my savings which will practically pay it off and start saving again. Oh and i really liked the sweetie tree- are they easy to do? I'm thinking of either son's birthday in feb or mothers day- i'm not that arty though!
  • Island_mum
    Options
    but havent felt like going anywhere to be honest, apart from walking the dog which i enjoy even in the rain (odd i know)

couldsavemore I'm exactly the same (minus the dog) I LOVE cycling or jogging in the rain! DH thinks I'm strange - glad to know I'm not the only one :T

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY and may 2013 bring with it all of your hopes and dreams xxxx
    :heart2:DD born 11/04/12 :heart2:
    Weight loss 8/32lb (to reach wedding day weight - 23/07/11)
    £2013 in 2013 - £59/£2013
  • kayleigh_x_2
    Options
    Salt and pepper: I have done alot of my sales shopping online. It's just easier to do and don't have to worry about going out in the cold.

For New Year I set myself small but achieveable goals that aren't to difficult. I completed mine of 2012 which was to give up smoking. 2013 will be more to get fit and to save even more money :-).
    :heart2: Self confessed Disney Freak:heart2:
  • blue_eyed_girl
    Options
    I was sure I read this morning that someone mentioned about doing a gardening hamper but I cannot find the post. :o However I was in Home B@rgains and they seemed to be getting some gardening gifty things (patterned kneelers etc) and they also had some enamel mugs in the kitchen section with a gardening theme. Hth.

Having trouble keeping up as things move at a terrific pace here. :D

Will have a catch up later in the day.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • FeistyFidget
    Options
    I'm dreading the walk and bus ride in the rain to get my fitbit :( The weather here is terrible and I can't help but feel that my lovely holiday hasn't really been enjoyed as still rushing around trying to get things done :( One day, I will actually get to have a full week to myself, without any work getting in the way :rotfl:
    [/COLOR]
    2024 Challenges
    Live in the moment more and appreciate the small things
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    I nearly had a heart attack this morning.......in the food section in our M&S, they already have Valentine and Easter stuff!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I actually couldn't believe my eyes...
  • jem1276
    jem1276 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=1332010 for you ladies looking for slow cooker recipes :)
  • Snugglebunny8
    Options
    morning all! wanted to wish everyone a very happy, healthy and laughter filled 2013, in case I dont get back on later! and to thank you all for making this such a lovely supportive, kind and friendly thread :)

my NYR's are

to try and put one hour every day aside to clear clutter, sort out wardrobes, take stuff to charity shop etc and sort this house out!!

to try and find a way to deal effectively with my anxiety (stupid stupid anxiety!!)

to try not to buy anything at all that isnt totally necessary!!

xxxx
  • redbooties
    Options
    I was sure I read this morning that someone mentioned about doing a gardening hamper but I cannot find the post. :o However I was in Home B@rgains and they seemed to be getting some gardening gifty things (patterned kneelers etc) and they also had some enamel mugs in the kitchen section with a gardening theme. Hth.

Having trouble keeping up as things move at a terrific pace here. :D

Will have a catch up later in the day.

b_e_g
    I'm doing a gardening hamper for my best friends birthday, I'll pop in there tomorrow thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure