Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 July 2012 at 3:13PM
    Options
    We are with EDF. Reading submitted 19th June, e mail from them today (18th July) giving amount to be paid. This to be paid in the next 7 days, so not in bank yet.

Our last reading was to 8th March, so we have units at 2 different FIT rates, does anyone know how they calculate the split?

The e mail gave no details of the rates, only the total amount to be paid.
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    We are with EDF. Reading submitted 19th June, e mail from them today (18th July) giving amount to be paid. This to be paid in the next 7 days, so not in bank yet.

Our last reading was to 8th March, so we have units at 2 different FIT rates, does anyone know how they calculate the split?

The e mail gave no details of the rates, only the total amount to be paid.
    Not heard from EDF since our latest reading, but last time round we got a PDF statement attached to the email which detailed the basis of the calculations. However it didn't span the April 1st change of FIT rate.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I suggest that you go through their complaints procedure.

http://www.eonenergy.com/At-Home/Contact/Complaint/

Beats me why more people don't do this - taking this route (or emailing one of the directors) is pretty well guaranteed to resolve the matter within a few days.

Just a little more effort than posting here, but infinitely more effective. :)
  • nobby1963
    nobby1963 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    EDF
    FIT reading sent by email 2nd June ( confirmed by EDF as received ) no payment yet ......

Received postal confirmation today 19/07/12 that money will be paid within 5 days - just checked & pending into bank acc for tomorrow !

Just shy of 7 weeks - a lot better than last time for me.
    SMA 4000TL Inverter, 17 REC 235PE Panels, South facing, roof angle \ `ish, 3995 watt system.Installed Nov 2011.
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 19 July 2012 at 9:54AM
    Options
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Received postal confirmation today 19/07/12 that money will be paid within 5 days - just checked & pending into bank acc for tomorrow !

Just shy of 7 weeks - a lot better than last time for me.

Everything with EDF FiT payments/readings has been online for us: no posted documents since the application process was completed.

Our most recent payment was received 42 days after submitting a reading, so far for our June reading it's been 24 days. It appears others (Martyn1981) have been paid for their readings submitted early June, although not everyone has (orrery for example).

Hopefully ours will arrive before the end of the month, as we've just had to fork out for two lots of car insurance and a car tax is due end of the month.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Everything with EDF FiT payments/readings has been online for us: no posted documents since the application process was completed.
    Our most recent payment was received 42 days after submitting a reading, so far for our June reading it's been 24 days. It appears others (Martyn1981) have been paid for their readings submitted early June, although not everyone has (orrery for example).

Ditto with everything being on-line or email.
    FIT Payment: I've had the notification of payment, just waiting for the money to arrive in the bank - I'll post exact time-scales then.
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
  • Cavemanu
    Cavemanu Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Cavemanu wrote: »
    hi there I submitted a FIT reading to EON on the 1st June and received an automated email stating payment would be made in 45 days. I have received my first payment back in March which was much faster than this.

It is now day 48 (the 18th July) and I don't appear to have received payment as yet.

Any suggestions on what to do next? I've already emailed them but just got a holding email about 45 days and delays.

thanks in advance

Just a quick update to say thanks to those who provided advice, as if by magic my second FIT payment from EON has arrived in my account today, I did a quick check just before giving them a call:T Next reading is due 1st September so hopefully not such a long wait next time if I've been moved to the new more efficient non-manual system....
  • DRB_Dave
    Options
    E-On are now advising it will take 45 days to process and make payments whilst trying to automate the system, they said this back in March and again when posting readings in June, March payment was paid in jus over 25 days, June payment is due this weekend but not received yet. Are these power companies just holding the money and collecting interest or is the system that bad? Maybe we should ask for interest as we invested capital ![/U]
  • Seanymph
    Seanymph Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine was expedited - see previous page, and paid by BACS into my account - but I can't seem to elicit a statement from them showing how they arrived at the sum they paid to me.

Anyone any ideas how I get that? I've emailed the complaints team and the FIT readings team.
  • orrery
    orrery Posts: 798 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 July 2012 at 10:22AM
    Options
    At the last quarter I submitted a mid-March reading but from the posts by other EDF FiT customers it seems that payout date doesn't depend on submission date. So I'm going to wait until the end of the month to maximise generation this quarter.

OK, payment received today...

To add to the EDF data set:
    Reading submitted Payment received Time to pay
    1/6/12
    20/7/12
    49 days

So have we demonstrated that with EDF, as SDJ speculated, that it is best to wait till the last day possible as the submission date makes no difference to the payment date?
    4kWp, Panels: 16 Hyundai HIS250MG, Inverter: SMA Sunny Boy 4000TLLocation: Bedford, Roof: South East facing, 20 degree pitch20kWh Pylontech US5000 batteries, Lux AC inverter,Skoda Enyaq iV80, TADO Central Heating control
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback