Edf energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• rebgershon
    Options
    Hi, as per the above title, I tried to do an energy comparison with my current plan with EDF but couldn't find it listed.

I'm on EDF Blue+Price Protection Jun18v2. Perhaps this is too new to be listed.

I wanted to do the comparison before your energy club offer expired.

Any thoughts anyone?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    rebgershon wrote: »
    Hi, as per the above title, I tried to do an energy comparison with my current plan with EDF but couldn't find it listed.

I'm on EDF Blue+Price Protection Jun18v2. Perhaps this is too new to be listed.

I wanted to do the comparison before your energy club offer expired.

Any thoughts anyone?

If you have any queries or concerns, you can email us at energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com. Please include your full name, the email address you joined with and your postcode.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It shows for me, directly below the Price Protection Jun18 ;)
  • rebgershon
    Options
    I don't see anything except Standard Variable and a number of 'Simply Fixed' tariffs with months and year on them
  • rebgershon
    Options
    Silly me, just found it when trying to scroll up the list
  • Thumper63
    Options
    Since switching to edf, I have had nothing but problems..

Firstly, they were incapable of setting up a direct debit, resulting in a considerable debt, that I have had to repay..

And then, as a coup de grâce, it has taken since August 2016 to install and commission Smart Meters, AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T MANAGED TO COMPLETE THE JOB..!!

We have been through their escalated Customer Resolutions Team, the Ombudsman: Energy, and still they can't attend when they say they will - using "Oh, it's our third party subcontractors letting us down.."

Two failed appointments in this month, October, alone, and still nowhere nearer a resolution..

As a disabled customer, I thought that having smart meters installed would help both us and them, but they just do not care, and do not listen..

Frustrated beyond belief..

James
  • notsurprised
    Options
    I changed to EDF as my cheap energy deal with BG was ending. BG would have doubled my direct debit with their increased prices.I was always in credit by an average £500.

EDF energy deal was good, direct debit fine them wham! They increased it by 200% because they said (just after the snow forecast) .I was going to use at least another £700. I have all my previous bills with BG and no way could I ever use the amount EDF claim. I've now twice requested my direct debit be reduced.but get ignored. I have no choice than to cancel the direct debit. I simply cannot afford these payments. So, I'll lose the deal I got through MSE energy club.
  • cornfred
    Options
    I've been with EDF for years and never had any trouble with them. Find them really helpful and work with my desires. Just changed my tariff with the switch and found out that I will be paying less for gas and electric than I was paying on my tarrif with them till end of Feb. 18. As far as D/D goes you just need to contact them and they are ready to negotiate with you and change. Don't take what they're computer says.
  • I switched to EDF using MSE at the end of August. They quoted me a monthly DD for dual fuel of £66. When I checked my previous year's energy useage using my spreadsheet, entering EDF's standing charges and rates, I discovered this payment would not cover my energy useage, assuming I used the same amount as the previous year.
    I contacted EDF and voluntarily incresed my monthly payment to £76. which should cover my needs
    EDF took £66 in Sept and £76 in Oct and Nov.
    I sent in my meter readings at the end of November, I received an email saying that although I was almost £30 in credit, they wanted to increase my monthly payment to £77 /month.
    Only £1, I agree, but symptomatic of what I had heard from an ex customer of EDF, who told me that every time he sent in a meter reading, EDF demanded an increase in his monthly payment.
    It appears to me that EDF entice customers by quoting a low monthly payment - Tying them in with a £35 / fuel exit fee (£70) then bumping up the amount they have to pay each month. I was also warned that at the end of the contract, EDF are very slow to refund overpaid amounts.
    I hope MSE take notice of this practice, because I don't think I am the only one it has happened to.

I have informed EDF that I will NOT accept any further increases in my monthly Direct Debit, and should they attempt to increase my monthly payment again, I will immediately cancel their DD at my bank. If I have underpaid (according to MY spreadsheet) at the end of my contract I will challenge their billing system at Ofcom. They are the most unreliable energy company I have ever dealt with.
  • Anesidora
    Options
    Thumper63 wrote: »
    Since switching to edf, I have had nothing but problems..

Firstly, they were incapable of setting up a direct debit, resulting in a considerable debt, that I have had to repay..

And then, as a coup de grâce, it has taken since August 2016 to install and commission Smart Meters, AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T MANAGED TO COMPLETE THE JOB..!!

We have been through their escalated Customer Resolutions Team, the Ombudsman: Energy, and still they can't attend when they say they will - using "Oh, it's our third party subcontractors letting us down.."

Two failed appointments in this month, October, alone, and still nowhere nearer a resolution..

As a disabled customer, I thought that having smart meters installed would help both us and them, but they just do not care, and do not listen..

Frustrated beyond belief..

James

I am also having problems with smart meters since I joined EDF in October, can't get one even though i was assured I would.
    Also I have just found out my electricity account is not live and they have to contact my previous supplier to get my closing readings , all of which they told me they already had done
    So now I have a wait of " about 6 weeks" till they can generate a bill!
    Really hopeless customer service, wish I had stayed with Scottish Gas!!
    And in the middle of the flood I felt my worth

When you held onto me like I was your little life raft
    Please know that you were mine as well

Drops of water hit the ground like God's own tears
    And spread out into shapes like
    Salad bowls and basins and buckets for bailing out the flood
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts