PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Options

Comments

• Larumbelle
    Larumbelle Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon all :wave:

Hugs to LW and AOT :grouphug: I hope you are both feeling a little better today x

The last few days have still been quite low energy. I have been forcing myself to get down the allotment for a few hours, for fresh air and light as well as to make myself feel like I have 'done something'. I harvested the onions so my friend and I each have a small sackful :) Today I am going to take my SSST (super-sexy shopping trolley:p) with me to bring mine back, along with a red cabbage. I'm just trying to plod along and do what I can.

Hope everyone has a happy Sunday xxx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes folks.:o I have some wonderful bruise balm that I bought at the Wytches Market - I have no idea what's in it, but it really is fantastic stuff, and luckily I managed to wallop some of that onto my leg pretty much straight away, so it's not even as painful as my (permanently hurting) bad knee. :o

AOT I'd be a tad miffed at being sent to something called "elderly medicine", too! I have to say though, I never heard of a "falls clinic" - what do they do there? :o

Larumbelle "plodding" is pretty much how I get by these days - when I'm not flat on me 'arris, that is! :rotfl:

Mr LW has bought himself some braces (or rather he used some of my @mazon vouchers to buy them) as he's lost some weight, and his jeans keep slipping down.:D Only trouble is I can't call him Droopy Drawers any more. :rotfl:

*Looks at clock* Right, dear friends, this is where I love you and leave you, as it's time for Jack Spaniel's walk. :o Making the most of him, as he goes home on Saturday.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi folks,
    Been having a few rubbish nights lately. Bad insomnia last night, so thought I'd batch cook some veggie curry at 3am.

Here's a tip...don't batch cook curry when you're feeling ill. It'll just taste of illness! Also, if you have a migraine at the time, don't think about using turmeric. The bag split, I have bright yellow hands..the sink is yellow too, didn't notice for hours!

I'm having toast for tea. x

I once had a full bag of turmeric fall lut of the top cupboard, all over my white kitchen units.It was a !!!!!! to get rid of :(
    Am feeling exhausted with mynew pup.She follows me everywhere, n has just ended up inside the duvet, as I was changing the bed :rotfl: She is addorable though :D
    LW I hope you soon feel better hun xx:A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • LameWolf
    Options
    No new posts on here for a few days.... I hope everyone's busy with fun things, not falling victim to their health. x
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quite a busy week here, interspersed with spells of being too fatigued to do much (only short spells:D)

Got my blood test results on line, new level of IgG up there at the level consultant told us was desireable:j:j

Home visit from Immunology Nurse at "the big hospital" in "the big city" (can you tell that I live in the sticks and love it:rotfl:). She was happy with the way that OH and I are doing the infusions, so all good.

Made some more delish soup in my new soup maker, love it and gets more veggies down us, great for the "too tired to cook much days" and no additives, fillers etc.

Did my last volunteer stint at animal charity CS for the Winter, I decided it was foolish to expose myself to too much people contact during the cold and flu season while my immunity so poor. I will miss the people, but did find it knocked me back energy wise.

Doing more research and a review of my supplements and trying to be good and take them all each day:o dug out 7 day pill organiser and will try and keep it running.

Cooked a couple of more special meals for OH, he deserves treats as he has been taking up all the slack at home while I have been unwell.

Pretty good week:D:D, sorry this has turned into rather an essay:(

Virtual hugs and good vibes to all that need them. x
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Waiting for assessment for rehab/physio - so impatient lol :think:
    I could be working towards recovery instead of sitting on the couch!
    SO want to get on with life!!!!
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • haras_nednats
    Options
    This is a brilliant thread, I just read through all the comments and, although I wish no-one had to suffer, I'm glad to know I'm not alone. This is going to be a long, rambling post so you might want to skip it! I just feel like letting off some steam...

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few days before my 23rd birthday; I'm now coming up for 25. I still haven't found a proper way to deal with it, but I have had pain since I was 11 and mainly just ignore it. Some days it's really bad, especially at work (sitting in front of the computer) and also in bed at night. I often have a little cry to myself because I feel so helpless and hopeless. I have seen osteopaths, chiropractors, physiotherapists etc. with no luck, and I haven't found any medicines that really help the pain. At the moment I have some sort of Diazepam but it makes me really woozy and doesn't help that much, and I also take Zopiclone to sleep, though I never feel like I have slept properly! I'm also really struggling with the dreaded brain fog, especially coupled with the fatigue. Before I had to drop out of uni due to my symptoms, I could read a few books and a tonne of essays every week for my courses; now I can barely manage a few pages of my OU textbook before I zone out and can't remember what on earth I just read. It's driving me MAD because I know I can do it but my brain just won't work - grrrrr!

Random list of things I do:

• Short but hot shower before bed to relax my muscles
    • Rub Tiger Balm or Arnica into the painful bits
    • Keep myself wrapped up very warm, even if I look a fool with scarf and hat in the sun!
    • Mindfulness practice (got a book from the library, seems very interesting)
    • Remember to sit down to put on socks, trousers etc – I only just realised that I don’t have to stretch whilst standing on one leg and potentially hurt my back more…
    • Pace myself – just because I’m young doesn’t mean I’m fit and healthy
    • Keep going! Instead of just lying in bed, watching television all day…
    • Eat well (sometimes)
    • Accept that I need to take medication (I’m against animal testing but sometimes needs must, even if I feel guilty)
    • Don’t multi-task
    • Write lots of lists and sticky notes so I don’t forget things or get muddled
    • Leave myself plenty of time to get everywhere
    • Always have snack and a drink with me
    • Ask for help if I need it! And let people help me instead of soldiering on
    • Take myself out of situations that make me feel rubbish
    • Keep food in the freezer for days when I don’t feel great (we call it brown food at home haha)
    • Buy shopping bags with long handles so I can put them on my shoulder instead of hurting my elbows and wrists; carry my backpack with me everywhere as it’s the best thing for my back
    • Keeping annoying the doctor until they help me find a solution that actually works for me!

As I said, a very rambling post but it feels good to share! I don’t know anyone else my age who struggles with things like I do so it’s lovely to know that there are people out there to reach out to :)
    Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints!
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    It is busy busy busy here....

The paint from the council arrived yesterday....the council arrived and did the agreed work in the kitchen yesterday (replacing worksurfaces that were removed for the former resident - to give her easier wheelchair access).....application for a two week runover with rent has been handed in

The hoped for moving date is Thursday next week.

And with typical perfect-timing I have had the letter calling me for my annual health review.....we will see about booking a date shortly AFTER the move!
  • Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    • Mindfulness practice (got a book from the library, seems very interesting)

I find this site (FREE) https://www.headspace.com/ to be fantastic - I keep doing Take 10 over and over :) but I intend to try a subscription with saving up of birthday/Christmas pennies. Worth subscribing to newsletters for subscription offers.
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • LameWolf
    Options
    Good to hear from folks.....

Maddiemay I concur re not needing other peoples' colds; also a good idea re the pill organiser. I also have reminders programmed into my phone so that I take my meds on time (some of mine are time critical, so it's important).

Slowly patience, hun; no point in trying to "get on and get better" only to find you're not doing the right thing.

Haras welcome to the thread; I may be old enough to be your mum, but I know where you're coming from. My own pain started at age 17, so somewhat later than yours; but still far too young for it to be fair. Fwiw, I was diagnosed with lupus three days before my wedding - I gave DH the option to call it off (ie ditch me) but bless him, he still wanted to go ahead. :A

Prinzess good luck with the move; I'll be thinking of you on Thursday.

Quick update from the Wolves' Lair - the new dog care company has said Yes. :T:T:T:T:T They're just in the process of taking up my references, then they get me put onto the online system, and I wait for doggies to flood in. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure