PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Options

Comments

• Slowly57
    Slowly57 Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    "Why do you wear those glasses?" - social skills fail lol.
    Also you cannot 'send' someone to therapy - they need to want to go.
    Hope things are improved xxx
    2022 | Back to the fold - need a Money Saving mojo reboot!

Grocery Challenge JAN 2022 £200/£185.00 left!
  • Prinzessilein
    Options
    Evening folks!

Lame Wolf...your comment about being asked why you wear glasses reminds me of an eye-test I had many years go...back in the days when we had eye-tests carried out at school (we had nit-inspections...colour-blindness tests....regular eye-sight tests ...and IIRC a dental check too...plus inoculations/jabs carried out at school too)...when my turn came I sat down and the eye-doctor asked me to take off my glasses, which I did, and he then asked me to read the letters on the chart tuck to the door...my response was 'what door?'!!!...I wore the standard little round NHS glasses (NHS glasses only came in one style- and the height of luxury was that we could choose pink, blue or brown frames) and the lenses were about as thick as my thumb (well almost!)...one look should have warned him that I don't see without them!

I am a real wheat-bag fan...I can't bear rubber bottles. I have started using them in bed (early this year but it is COLD!!!)...and also use them sometimes during the day..warmed up and tucked into the small of my back, so soothing for the pain!

Big news for me....I heard yesterday that I have been approved for the ground floor flat! I sign the contract on Monday...then the council will supply me with paint and I will get someone to decorate for me. (The last tenant was a footie fan and had her kitchen painted scarlet with black tiles - her teams' colours!...I am planning on 3 walls magnolia and one duck-egg blue...nice and neutral is my style!)....and I need to start with packing!....It will be so good to have a ground floor flat,...as well as having my lovely Mum as a my new neighbour! :)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Prinzess I am so happy to read your good news , can I uncross my fingers now ? So nice to be even nearer your dear mum , you can keep each other company during the cold winter months .
    LW I hope you and Jack are snuggled up together . How is the shoulder now ? my daughter has been referred for an x ray on hers today , a week tomorrow ( I don't recall Saturday appts in the past ) think she'll need the sick bowl as she has the methotrexate late Friday afternoon and between that and the shed load of other meds is barely functional for about 3 days - interesting times as Mr P would say !
    Lyn I feel annoyed on your behalf at the attitude of your tenant . You do seem to have all the evidence to see her off but such a shame it spoiled your country break . I am a fan of the files but begrudge the space they occupy , however they do come in handy at times so well done on the record keeping that alone shows you are a responsible and organised landlord . I would consider whether it would be financially possible to sell instead of renting . Life's too short for hassle if it's affordable . Either way I would show her the exit as soon as legally possible , such a shame one bad apple sours the whole thing . Big full moon at the weekend - cloud permitting -
    make a wish and send it out to the universe .We were discussing it on another thread and I said I'll be like the hare outside and gazing upwards .
    Thanks to the recent posters I will be back either later or tomorrow ,
    Friday night is family phone call night to catch up on the week . I want to watch HIGNFY as I missed last week so I'm hoping the offspring talk rather faster than last week !
    Take care all
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Prinzess yep, I had the lovely plastic NHS frames as a child, too - I've worn specs since I was 5 years old (apart from a stint in my 30s when I went for contact lenses).
    I am SO PLEASED that you've been approved for the ground floor flat! :T

Pollyanna thanks, the shoulders are both still very painful, but hey, it could be worse, right? :o Jack is lovely; we had a super walk this afternoon, 45 minutes (on the mobility buggy for me) past the petanque piste, and down to the Roman ruins, all in lovely October sunshine. And Jack made friends with two little Pugs as well. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    LW That sounds like a lovely trip out and the added joy of sunshine . Jack sounds lovely , there's always a joyous tone in your post when a furry friend is in your home . Did you and Mr LW ever consider keeping on your regulars once the franchise ends ? I seem to remember some discussion on the subject on one of the threads . hoping those withdrawal symptoms leave soon x
    Prinzess How's the packing going ? I would love a minimal life but I have so much " stuff " I couldn't upsticks in a hurry . I love duck egg blue it should be calming and relaxing - unlike the red and black :eek: Lyn I hoped you managed to get in touch with the council and have a better idea how things stand . The best laid plans eh , sometimes we don't factor in idiots .
    Hope all is well with Larumbelle that is a wonderful allotment , interesting and very productive .
    Hi to Slowly am hoping you feel a little better , hello to all who follow . On the old thread things used to go pretty quiet in late autumn and winter as people battled the elements and sad , increased pain etc . As LW said to Lyn you don't have to come here only on good days and be bright and positive , this is a safe place to let off steam , have a little moan etc . We all have bad days and this is not a judgemental place . All of us walk in those shoes x
    I'd love to know how our thread friends are and wonder if TMD is feeling any better plus all the others who posted or read .
    Take care all - the full moon will be hidden behind the heavy cloud here - been raining all day . However I will summon my inner Pollyanna and go and do my hare gazing at the moon impression - after all it's still there behind the cloud .
    Take care all , wishing you a peaceful night
    polly x

• Larumbelle
    Larumbelle Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    LW that counsellor sounds so rude. I agree with Slowly that liking and trusting your counsellor are absolutely key, as is being ready for it and receptive to it. I had an NHS referral to the charity that provides my counselling, but they actually do a pre-screen to make sure you are mentally in a place where you can benefit from it. My funding comes to an end in January and I am already fretting about how I will manage without it.

Prinzess I am so happy for you! :j And I bet your mum is thrilled as well :) I LOVE duck egg blue, I have a feature wall of it in my own kitchen (actually I only had enough for one small wall, but it looks good anyway ;) ) I got really scared of the 'responsibility' of choosing a colour scheme to decorate, but when I look back now it has been one of my favourite things to do ever!!! Re packing, if you have a McDonalds nearby their fries boxes are great for packing! Strong, clean, stack easily... and best of all, completely free and available in apparently limitless quantities! They are also just the right size that even if they are full of something heavy like books they are still manageable.

Polly I always love reading your posts, they are like a little virtual hug :)

I do wonder about TMD as well - please give us a wave if you are reading this hun, I hope you are okay x

I was at the allotment today again, I avoid Saturday mornings as they are quite busy, but I ventured down this afternoon and it was quiet and peaceful and lovely. The only other grower there was someone I know quite well now, so I felt safe. It turns out that the 'ghost pumpkin' is actually called a boer squash, and he gave us the plant! He mentioned that his butternut squashes hadn't done very well this year so I gave him one of ours. I got a lot of weeding done and now I ache :rotfl: But I see it as getting time in the bank for when I won't be able to get down there and do anything, either because of health or weather.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend, and their various furry friends as well xxx
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    Hi Larumbelle I was about to go to bed when I noticed the new thread and your reply . I have invited her to join in here too if she likes . Glad to see you've had a good day but sorry to hear the funding is coming to end . Sometimes when one door closes another one opens . I will post tomorrow but am a bit brain fog now . I enjoy your posts too - You seem stronger each time you write , I hope your proud of yourself , I am .
    Night night , sleep tight
    polly x

• LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LW That sounds like a lovely trip out and the added joy of sunshine . Jack sounds lovely , there's always a joyous tone in your post when a furry friend is in your home . Did you and Mr LW ever consider keeping on your regulars once the franchise ends ? I seem to remember some discussion on the subject on one of the threads . hoping those withdrawal symptoms leave soon x
    I thought about going freelance, and realised very quickly that it would be more stress than I could cope with, and likely make me ill again; however, I have today sent off an email to another company that I found online, given them the whole details, including the dates of my final existing booking, plus details of my seven years experience, so hopefully they'll decide they want me. There's a plus point in that I'd be bringing customers with me, as several have asked to know if I sign up with another company, and one definitely doesn't want to send her dog to anyone else - not even another host with the same company, as he's a sensitive little soul, and he's got used to coming to me.
    Fingers crossed..... :o
    Larumbelle wrote: »
    LW that counsellor sounds so rude. I agree with Slowly that liking and trusting your counsellor are absolutely key, as is being ready for it and receptive to it. I had an NHS referral to the charity that provides my counselling, but they actually do a pre-screen to make sure you are mentally in a place where you can benefit from it. My funding comes to an end in January and I am already fretting about how I will manage without it.
    Aww, hun, sorry to hear your funding will cease. Isn't that just the way? I had similar with physiotherapy - just as I was starting to see a little benefit, the eight session limit was reached and I was on my own once more - and back to Square One within a fortnight. Hey ho.....
    I do think you're a stronger lady than you think, though, yes I know I have only your posts here to go on, but I honestly think you'll find the inner strength you need. Don't forget, you have your virtual friends here rooting for you. x
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Nomoonatall
    Nomoonatall Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Options
    Hi folks,
    Been having a few rubbish nights lately. Bad insomnia last night, so thought I'd batch cook some veggie curry at 3am.

Here's a tip...don't batch cook curry when you're feeling ill. It'll just taste of illness! Also, if you have a migraine at the time, don't think about using turmeric. The bag split, I have bright yellow hands..the sink is yellow too, didn't notice for hours!

I'm having toast for tea. x
  • WelshWanderer
    Options
    Hello folks,

I'm new here, I thought I'd pop in and say hi. :)

How is everyone doing?

I'm new to the forum and OS so I'm looking forward to taking part.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure