Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just over the counter ibuprofen and paracetamol. Although according to Dr Google and the leaflet the physio gave me the pain and swelling is normal - soft tissue damage which will take around 12 weeks to get better. When you think about it I was run over, I didn't just fall, and who knows what else is damaged. But if the doctor can give me some stronger painkillers it would help. It was a long walk at the hospital to the scan centre and there was a slope going down to it which was hard to walk down. Plus there was an hour sitting in the waiting room with my leg down. It's ok at the moment, got my feet up and a hot water bottle on my ankle. I think it's going to take time and I've got to be patient. I think I'm expecting too much too soon.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    & remember that you are also back at work full time as well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are still in so much pain, fingers crossed for an appointment tomorrow. Glad Mr SA's scan is done too Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you get the pain sorted sooner rather than later. Best wishes for the scan.
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    edited 19 January 2017 at 1:14PM
    Options
    Got to see GP this morning, just confirmed what I already know, soft tissue damage, but she gave me a prescription for Co-Codamol and told me to keep off the ankle as much as possible and keep it elevated as much as I can. Have taken a day's leave from work and will probably do the same tomorrow, just to rest for a few days. GP said only to worry if calf hurts and swells as could be blood clot. Need to keep the flight sock on too.

Mr SA pushed me there and back in the wheelchair as it's only just down the end of the road and round the corner but it was a bit hair raising at times when he kept veering towards the kerb and he had to keep stopping for a rest.

Had to pass local shops on way back so picked up a few bits.

Hopefully painkillers will kick in soon, already feel a bit drowsy.

And just to add insult to injury - this time last year we were in Lanzarote.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Insult to injury indeedy.
    Take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you're listening to drs orders and keeping that leg up SA.

Maybe you could have done with a bit of a phased return to work, is that a possibility now you've already gone back? Just thinking if might help if you worked a day then had a day to rest it? xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Bubblesmum
    Bubblesmum Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you're listening to drs orders and keeping that leg up SA.

Maybe you could have done with a bit of a phased return to work, is that a possibility now you've already gone back? Just thinking if might help if you worked a day then had a day to rest it? xx

Agree with this,

I take Co - Codomel, make sure you have eaten something before, it can make me feel very woozy if I haven't

Take care BM
    As a dear MSE friend says “keep plodding” or
    What does the saying say.... When life hands you lemons, crack open the Gin......
    Or as my Mum would instil, brush yourself down, tomorrow is another day or
    Fake it, to you Make It

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5681736/dancing-through-the-rain-with-a-smile-and-good-cheer#latest
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Too late for the phased return to work I'm afraid. But I am resting a lot with my feet up MTG.

The tablets don't seem to kick in until at least an hour after I've taken them but they are easing the pain, I'm even walking better, the ankle doesn't feel so stiff. However, I've only taken two lots so far and I guess they have to get in my system. They're making me feel very pleasantly drowsy, although not fallen asleep yet. Unlike Mr SA who has been asleep all afternoon!
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    OH SA...thsi must be so hard. Keep on plodding, glad you're getting a bit of relief from the new script.

Thinking of you (and hope he's finally forgotten about watches!,) ;)

X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure