lovefilm or netflix

Options

Comments

• fried_eggs_3
    fried_eggs_3 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 23 May 2014 at 4:49PM
    Options
    tried lovefilm a long time ago. must be five years there abouts. second time around i tried free netflix 1 month. 2 years later, still subscribed. netflix has mostly older films and newer tv series. had a nice letter saying my subscribtion won't go up for two years. new members netflix will increase :) how rare is that these days!!!
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chammy84 wrote: »
    We adults have a fantastic selection of shows we have just never watched, last night up until 2:30am watching Sons of Anarchy (shattered this morning haha)

SOA is pretty good, just waiting for the new series to start on C5.
  • VicCain
    VicCain Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Try the free trial and decide which you prefer :)
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    Lovefilm has become really lame since being taken over by Amazon (in my opinion), the menu alone just made me give up.

I cancelled my lovefilm but am considering netflix.

As Can1976 says, they have different varieties based on online viewing, or DVD viewing.

Absolutely. I have just cancelled Lovefilm and am considering Netflix. My final film from Lovefilm had been randomly selected from the list of titles I wasn't fussed about seeing.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They both have a few gems (mainly old but some recent'ish stuff)

(Do the trials and potential cash back and see how you fare, look on my film thread for ideas)

They both get stale after a while (depending on your tastes)

Lovefilm though are generous, I'm on a 4 for 2 deal online retentions deal.
  • I_luv_cats
    Options
    Go for Netflix, better On-Demand as others have said, and you can hook up to the American one and get all the shows a little quicker!

There's also NowTV, by Sky, never used it but looks pretty decent!

Nowtv is boring if you have rented newer stuff or been to the flicks in the past year or so.

They seem to pick off a lot of dross from the movie crowd. (Even on a retentions deal I left as got bored)
  • PlymouthMaid
    PlymouthMaid Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cancelled Love Film because they let me use up my dvd 'credits' for months on a boxed set and then by series 3 decided that they couldnt send it (this was after months of it being in 'short supply apparently'). Cancelled and spent the cash buying the dvds instead, Want to try net flix at some point but no idea how streaming films gets onto my TV as dont want to watch on a laptop.
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • I_luv_cats
    Options
    I cancelled Love Film because they let me use up my dvd 'credits' for months on a boxed set and then by series 3 decided that they couldnt send it (this was after months of it being in 'short supply apparently'). Cancelled and spent the cash buying the dvds instead, Want to try net flix at some point but no idea how streaming films gets onto my TV as dont want to watch on a laptop.

I watch Lovefilm instant and Netflix via my wii console.

A streaming/media box/adaptor might have them too. (Roku?)
  • rachaelpie
    rachaelpie Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    I'm another for Netflix. My 4yr old uses it himself and there are hundreds of kids stuff. You can also set users so when my son clicks his name, only kids stuff appears whereas when I click my name I don't and get all the good horror films :D I have never used love film, always heard bad reviews or at least not a single praise.
    Without change there would be no butterflies
    If you don't like it, change it.
    The comments and advice I give are what I believe to be correct
    My phone likes to use full stops instead of spaces sometimes, I type too quickly and it would take forever to go back and change them all, so please excuse them!
  • raphanius
    raphanius Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    neither i do blinkbox...no subscription plus clubcard points
    Wins: 2008: £606.10 2009: £806.24 2010: £713.47 2011: 328.32
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income