PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Daily Thread Monday 14th November

Options

Comments

• betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2011 at 8:56AM
    Options
    Morning all,

UOLYPOOL, That's the most fantastic news I've heard. I went all goose bumpy when I read your post and had a lump in my thoat. Thank God you and your Sister can think more positive and that your Niece will soon be up and about. :j:beer::T:j

Went to the Memorial Service y/day, quite emotional it was.:o Met friends at our local then came home and wrapped C pressies.
    DW WM & BM on bathrooms cleaned and bed stripped & remade.
    I have a load of ys stewing steak, enough to make a s/onion plate pie and a beef curry. DH loved his roast beef dinner y/day and wants it again. Just as well I did double amount of roasties and veg so all I have to do is carve and plate up.
    Lentil soup simmering for DH & DNephews lunch, DH has been in a lot of pain with his back so I suggested we pay for a friend who sometimes works for us to come and give a hand re roofing the extension.
    Have a good day all.

Happy Birthday to Danny. JACKIO No wonder you are so proud.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Cloudy, dark and damp here this morning. DH up and off to work at quite early o'clock. Didn't have a particularly good weekend, had a bit of a fall-out with DH, he can be really awkward/nasty sometimes and this was one of those weekends. Glad to get back to routine today, DS1 had rugby training yesterday and another team had a home match so stood and watched some training and then the match - absolutely lovely day - sun still had a bit of warmth in it too. Friend came and helped DH to clear out our gutters - last heavy rainfall we had the rain was just overflowing so gutters needed cleaning.

Cooked lovely roast chicken dinner yesterday and had made some individuals pavlovas and had those for dessert with fresh strawberries and cream. Dinner tonight will be smoked sausage pasta with creme fraiche.

Long day at work today so better get moving,

Have a great day everyone, hugs to those that need/want them, take care.

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • FarmersWife_2
    FarmersWife_2 Posts: 195 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2011 at 9:05AM
    Options
    esmf73 wrote: »
    I had one glass of white wine on Friday night and had the hangover from hell all day Saturday

Im the same !!! Must be my age lol xx
    Moorhen wrote: »
    Bramble the rabbit bolognese was lovely and you get loads of portions off one rabbit.

Hugs to all that need them, especially Lou and Uolypools DNiece.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)

ohh... recipe please... Im sure I have a rabbit in the freezer :D
    bramble1 wrote: »
    Thanks moorhen, better get OH to get a rabbit when he's on one of the farms this week!

Do you go out Moorhen? I have a SG & FA licence. OH and I share the BG (bullet gun) but I have my own SG which OH sometimes pinches for pigeons lol

C x

edited to say... I apologise to anyone offended by this post.... We eat what we get and dont waste. Its vermin control for the veggies out there.... we live on a veg farm and a family of rabbits/pigeons can take out half a field given chance !!
    Women who suffer from Domestic Violence are not victims.... They are survivors....

There are many strong women out there... Dont just admire them... BE ONE OF THEM ;)
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    mioliere The vertigo and visual problems even stop me reading or going on the computer for long... so I sleep a lot :D

Dr's orders are 'If you can't do it sitting, you can't do it at all' but sitting too upright makes me dizzy, so I can't even do arts and crafts, or wrap christmas pressies :(

8 whole long weeks left to go...! I am crossing fingers Roo wants out early (DS was 2 weeks early) but not too early mind!
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all :), hope everyone is refreshed after the weekend....

We are off to toddler group shortly then i have Iron Mountain to climb when DS2 goes for a nap. Both boys slept right through last night so i'm mostly awake today lol, got to finish off the online shop today too and i would like to do some knitting if get chance.

DH has got an abcess in his gum so i'm waiting to find out if he is leaving work today to go to the dentist which will mean me and the boys have to go taxi him around for a while, at least the car is warmer than the house!
    esmf73 wrote: »
    Have a pile of ironing to do and lots of cleaning and clearing up as normal. Question for you lovely people....... how do you get your families washing dry? I double spin and hang out in the conservatory - bringing it in at night time to be near the heat of the house. It just never dries so I end up using the tumble drier. Any tips would be appreciated as I am having trouble getting school uniform dry!!

DH's uniform is pretty much the only thing i tumble dry, the rest of the week the regular clothes for the 4 of us is either on the washing line or on an airer in the kitchen as i'm in no rush for any of it to be dry. I wash hubby's work shirts/trousers Friday night as he takes the last one off then if i don't get to hang them out Sat/Sun they get tumbled.
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Here ya go FW

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/meat-recipes/12-hour-rabbit-bolognese

loooks lush, can't wait to try it.
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All

hugs for the poorlies, can't rem anything this morning but know what you mean about grown up children. My 22 yr old has a trick of bringing his washing down on Sunday night after I have spent the whole wk end washing and thinks if he leaves it there it will get done:mad:
    Did really well with the kitchen this wkend. The walls are completely stripped and ready for decorating, have the paint and paper and bought a spray to redo the kitchen cupboards, DH had a practice on one last night and they look great:j:money:this will save us a fortune so both excited about getting it finished now.
    Lovely large pork shoulder for tea last night so will do at least 2 more meals. I also made choc brownies yumm
    DS3 is making fish cakes today at school.
    Looks cold and windy today so will get wrapped up as meeting my cousin to mooch around the charity shops and will prob have a coffee and a sandwich for lunch. We love days like this as its our catch up time with busy families we don't have much time to chat, we have been best friends from being little (our parents are still best friends)
    Anyway better get on, have a good day all J x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • FarmersWife_2
    Options
    bramble1 wrote: »
    Here ya go FW

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/meat-recipes/12-hour-rabbit-bolognese

loooks lush, can't wait to try it.

Hmm.. had a look. Looks like hard work :rotfl: OH usually joints the rabbits for me so I might just do a bung it all in the SC type thing :T

C x
    Women who suffer from Domestic Violence are not victims.... They are survivors....

There are many strong women out there... Dont just admire them... BE ONE OF THEM ;)
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Options
    Morning everyone.

In a grump this morning. DS has lost his other school jumper. So that's two, even with labels they've not been returned :mad: I can't afford to keep buying new bl00dy uniform so teachers will again have to have a look for me.
    Did some exercise yesterday and now my poor muscles are complaining :o need some painkillers. Feel really tired but that might have been killer cat smothering me at some ungodly hour.

Need to pop to Aldi and pay a cheque in this morning. After that it will be chores, need to do leaf picking duty as the garden is looking s tip :o

Tea tonight is tuna and pepper fishcakes.

Bargain bird dont boil it forever. I thought it would never thicken and gave up in the end but it did thicken as it cooled.

jackieo happy birthday to Danny :beer:

FW not offended by your post, least you eat what you kill. Hate pigeons anyway and whilst I might see rabbits as cute and fluffy they can decimate crops in the blink of an eye.

NPM did you get much sleep? Hope there was some movement xx

Hugs and spoons all round. Have a good day OS or not.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Been up a while, but decided to get some jobs done before coming on here, towels are blowing on the line and another lot in, I have hoovered through, and given the kitchen a once over.

Esmf, I really struggle this time of year with the washing, we have no heating on yet, so I hang out on the line when at all possible, then on the airer in the lounge, which is the warmest room, I am thinking of getting a de-humidifier, which apparantly work wonders.

Still to do today, make a load of cakes for dad, and go and see him at lunch time, do an online shop, bathroom could do with a clean, and a general tidy upstairs.

Happy Birthday to Jackie's Danny xx

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family