Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 3
  • chriswatts
    Not sure how megashopbot can be updated but using it isn't the way to get the best deals. True it picks out the lowest list price, but it doesn't take into account discount codes or cashback site rates. One item it found 0.5% cheaper but taking into account discount vouchers and cashback sites I got it 20% cheaper from a site that was 20th in the listings.`
  • Denideni
    Like many others here, I'm disappointed with this - today I found what I was looking at cheaper myself. Previously I've only ever seen "Product not found".
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 30th Apr 15, 8:12 PM
    • 7,638 Posts
    • 5,494 Thanks
    pmduk
    Bought a DVD from Tesco at the weekend. MSB doesn't list Tesco as selling it, but offers the "cheapest" price of 30% more than I paid for it I've checked the tesco website which still lists it at the price I paid. I won't be relying on it.
  • Scorpion9
    The MegaShopBot really needs updating - getting rid of some of the sites, maybe adding replacements and changing the ones selected.

E.g. Foundem is listed, but if you search for anything it barely compares any shops, and if you go direct to their site they say they don't compare DVDs, books or CDs any more!

BookBrain only seems to check Amazon and Blackwell, so not much use!

Google says it can't display anything.

Etc, etc.

It looks like it's very neglected, which is a shame as it could be quite a good idea.
    • toshkininny
    • By toshkininny 26th Nov 15, 10:44 AM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 620 Thanks
    toshkininny
    Black Friday
    Hi, would the megashopbot pick up the Black Friday deals to compare?

Thanks
    • robgarner
    • By robgarner 22nd Jun 16, 6:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    robgarner
    Why are A Great Read's cheap books missing from the MegaShopbot?
    I think a lot of Money Savers are missing out because agreatread.co.uk doesn't feature on any of the book comparison sites? Its books are often cheaper than Amazon and so should come up on the MegaShopbot.
    • woolly_wombat
    • By woolly_wombat 20th Jun 17, 4:02 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 291 Thanks
    woolly_wombat
    Shopbot Not Working
    The Shopbot isn't working.

I am unable to enter anything into the search field.

Please can you fix it - it's so useful!

Thank you MSE.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,137Posts Today

8,725Users online

Martin's Twitter