MSE Megashopbot.com website: Discuss the MegaShopbot

Comments

• lnkitc
    lnkitc Posts: 30 Forumite
    I thought I would give mega-shop-bot a go after seeing this forum, I put in 'me to you tea towel' it brought up loads of various tea towels but not one in the me to you range, when typing this in straight to Google it always brings up what I am looking for. Is it not suitable for this type of small item?
  • I used to use MegaShopBot a lot, but the last few times have found it does not work - returns no results whatsoever - with my Firefox browser (currently 10.0.2) which I much prefer over IE9.
  • Is this gonna get fixed. Its doesnt do anything No results. What a waste of time!!
  • BumbleBUK
    BumbleBUK Posts: 29 Forumite
    The results returned from MegaShopBot remind me of going into Next during a sale and trying to find something you want after all the women have thrown everything everywhere like savages...

Seriously the results are rubbish. Once you find what you want in the maelstrom of garbage that comes back it's invariably more expensive than you could have found otherwise. I put this down to the fact that all the shopping search engines used by MSB all only list commission paying results, so MSB only returns commision paying results which are usually not the cheapest.
  • BumbleBUK
    BumbleBUK Posts: 29 Forumite
    OK here's a quick experience of MSB comparison results... MSB search for Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens brings back the cheapest at £1465 (special price). Once you have actually found this price in the pile of rubbish like £91 (rental price!) or the HK based results on dodgy looking websites. A quick google on the company selling it shows that they sell 'grey' imports! There's nothing on the returned page that says it's a grey import but that can mean the difference between getting a valid guarantee or not! If I'm spending that amount of money I don't want dodgy gear thanks... To be honest MSB brings the credibility of your site down A LOT! Ditch it and stick to what you know!
  • I use Shopseekers to compare prices quick and easy with lots of results.
  • gingir
    gingir Posts: 9 Forumite
    MSE_Dan wrote: »
    Hi folks,

We have revamped, suped-up and relaunched the Megashopbot tool, which instantly selects and searches the best shopping comparison websites.

Please
    Use

and let us know what you think

Cheers

MSE Dan

Is it just me or the website is not loading right now?
    meh.
  • Megashopbot and tunechecker are great but neither seems to cover ebooks - I'd love to be able to compare prices of ebooks on Nook.uk.com, Amazon.co.uk, itunes, sainsburysebooks.co.uk, etc.

Anybody know of other ebook sellers I'm missing out on?

I tend to buy epub format for my Nook, but Calibre can usually convert other formats when they're cheaper.
  • viclaw
    viclaw Posts: 16 Forumite
    I may have got this wrong as don't us the book search very often.

Book Finder 4u keeps bringing up books US not UK, when I try to change it is defaults back to US when I search. I could not report it as I don't use outlook and could not find an e-mail address (again I may have missed something).
  • Not sure how megashopbot can be updated but using it isn't the way to get the best deals. True it picks out the lowest list price, but it doesn't take into account discount codes or cashback site rates. One item it found 0.5% cheaper but taking into account discount vouchers and cashback sites I got it 20% cheaper from a site that was 20th in the listings.`
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure