PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Arrietty … 4/8 :):):):)
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 7.48/13.2 :):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 1.4/4 :):A
    CRANKY40 … 4.5/7 :):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 2/6 :):)
    Debbiedodge1737 … 4/14 :):):):)
    Dolly84 … 3/10 :):):)
    Donnajt … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Dumpling …9/15 :):):):):):):):):)
    Florence J … +1/7 :(
    Fuddle … 3/4 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 5.7/12 :):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … 0.6/5 ;)
    Karcher … 4/7 :):):):)
    Katiepants … 2/20 :):)
    Knit Witch … 5.26/10 :):):):):):A
    Lynnejk … 7/8 :):):):):):):)
    Maisie M … 3/14 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 2/6 :):)
    Monnagran … 2/5 :):)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … +1/14 :(
    Short_bird … 0.5/6 ;)
    SIRENS … 7.5/16 :):):):):):):)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 3/13 :):):)
    TiredTrophy … 1/10 :)
    Weewdy … 0/7
    Zafiro1984 … 9.75/14 :):):):):):):):):);):A

7 st 1.69 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j:j :);)
    Must use my stash up!
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear....+1lb for me please Knitwitch :(
  • TiredTrophy
    Options
    Happy New week!

So hungry..it snowed overnight and it's a bit cold.
    B. Yog, fruit, oats
    Saw DH off to UK to organise this funeral a, then whizz into town for special laundry liquid.
    Now
    B2...scrambled egg on toast and coffee
    Then its house cleaning , laundry, packing, recycling, bins and maybe a run
    L. Cheese on toast. ....oh a theme is developing here and it's nor low carb!
    D. Pork goulash. ..in the slow cooker, with roasted beetroot...the last from the garden
    This is not really a weightloss menu ,is it?!
  • Arrietty
    Options
    Morning all,

really well done to everyone who has lost :T

I've gone and gained a lb :o

Not surprising really after I spent most of Saturday in the kitchen making lasagne, soup, flapjacks and bread which was lovely as it was grey and mizzly outside but my exercise was just stepping between fridge, cooker and sink!

Dad came over for lunch on sunday and brought wine ... I've not had a drink since I started this plan so I'm blaming the gain on the wine :D

I've already walked to the shop to buy the milk for the office and am back on the porridge and soup routine too!
    SAVER o:)
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations to anyone pleased with their results this week.

Well, it's weigh in day today for me. So as my scales are still broken, and the non electronic spare ones aren't accurate it was another trip to B00ts to use their machine.

It's very far away from good news.

I am reporting a 3lb gain :eek: and I think it is far to say I deserve it as for various reasons this week just gone has been a bit excessive, it involved a lot of birthday get togethers, a meal out and lots of baking including a massive cake that was to celebrate clearing my overdraft which I was counting on OH to take into his work so it wouldn't be in the house. Typically he then didn't take it into work as he didn't want to fatigue his team with cake (they had had a lot of birthday's too). And the cake contained buttercream so it couldn't be frozen. (correct me if I am wrong about that)

Previously when I have had success losing weight it is because I was measuring out my food, updating myfitnesspal frequently, exercising intensively, making food plans and monitoring my weight on the bathroom scales.

Guess what 5 things I haven't been doing recently?

Well, that's all changing. I have filled in my diary on myfitnesspal, I have spent an hour walking and will go on the exercise bike later, the OH and I have made a meal plan for the week and I am not going to do any baking unless it is calorie controlled.

I watched the secrets of slim people show on channel 4 catch up and it was very interesting and again all the good things they were doing to stay thin were all the things I wasn't doing. So I am going to stop snacking and if I do then I am going to sit down with a plate and cutlery and register it as a meal in my brain.

I feel positive about this week, but wish me luck anyway. :j
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck Florence!

I'm needing to give myself a serious talking to. I went to M&S to buy a new bra and their triple mirrors are horrendous! I'm bulging on my ribs under the bra, bulging at the shoulder straps by the armpits, and even overhanging the bra on my back :eek:

I also had the horrible realisation 6 lessons into the course I'm doing that out of the 12 people on the course I am the fattest in the room. Rewind 10 years and I was a size 8-10 bombshell, DH used to proudly boast that everyone turned to look when I walked in the room. Now I'm invisible unless someone is trying to squeeze past me :mad:

Bereavement and setback made food my best friend but seeing myself in the mirrors today really shocked me - i don't want to be stuck like this! So I'm going to start kicking butt and exercising and really shaking up my diet :)
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    good luck flo xxxx

dandy dont let those mirrors upset you they are vile and not true...im 5 ft 10 and in them look like the harlem globe trotters should sign me up xxx thats lovely what your husband said about you so sweet sure he still feels the same xxxx

hope everyone is ok we have been having a look at christmas food bits...what a nightmare for us dieters xxx
    onwards and upwards
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,626 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all.

B: berries, lo carb ganola, skim
    L: Veggie pad thai
    D: SC lamb shank - I just fancy warming food in this grim weather

50 min dog walk

I had a bit of a 'non-scale victory' or I shot myself in the foot - I can't quite decide. I am off to a friend's 50th in 2 weeks time and it is a black tie dinner dance with the theme 'sparkles'. I had assumed I would wear my posh beaded dress and ordered in a load of shoes to try as I take a 9 and no one ever has 9s in stock. All the shoes arrived and then I tried on the dress which turned out to be too big now. I am a bit gutted as I really liked it but luckily I have a much older and smaller beaded dress that will also fit the bill (and no one will have seen it as I haven't been able to get in it since before I got married 17 years ago). All the shoes went back so that is quite MSE.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My WI day today and after several STS weeks I was thrilled to see the scales flickering around the stuck weight. Unfortunately it was such a titchy bit under that I can't in all honesty claim even 1/2 a pound loss.
    It's a great disadvantage to be honest.

I was so upset that I went straight to the kitchen and ate 4 pieces of HM shortbread and most of a bar of cooking chocolate.

So much for will power.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Arrietty … 3/8 :):):)
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 7.48/13.2 :):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 1.4/4 :):A
    CRANKY40 … 4.5/7 :):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 1/6 :)
    Debbiedodge1737 … 4/14 :):):):)
    Dolly84 … 3/10 :):):)
    Donnajt … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Dumpling …9/15 :):):):):):):):):)
    Florence J … +4/7 :(:(:(:(
    Fuddle … 3/4 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 5.7/12 :):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … 0.6/5 ;)
    Karcher … 4/7 :):):):)
    Katiepants … 2/20 :):)
    Knit Witch … 5.26/10 :):):):):):A
    Lynnejk … 7/8 :):):):):):):)
    Maisie M … 3/14 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 2/6 :):)
    Monnagran … 2/5 :):)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … +1/14 :(
    Short_bird … 0.5/6 ;)
    SIRENS … 7.5/16 :):):):):):):)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 3/13 :):):)
    TiredTrophy … 1/10 :)
    Weewdy … 0/7
    Zafiro1984 … 9.75/14 :):):):):):):):):);):A

6 st 10.69 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j :):):):):):):):):):);)
    Must use my stash up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport