PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Very MSE I am.....DH gone to UK...I must clean house........of opened prosecco!

.....mistakes in my knitting....
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday went very well, I was under my calorie target for the day on MyFitnessPal and did 60 minutes of cycling on the exercise bike. I always have a habit of putting on weight in Winter as comforting stodgy foods seem to be on my menu more, but I am hoping to combat this so I don't end up resembling a beach ball before Christmas, let alone after!
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

WI today and it is a +1lb. Boing said Zebedee!

B: berries, lo carb ganola, skim
    L: Veggie pad thai again - maybe
    D: chilli & rice

45 min dog walk
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You folks have made me chuckle this morning.

Florence - good luck, I know how you feel, there always seems to be some occasion on the horizon to scupper our plans but we don't want to sit on the sidelines and miss out though.

dandy-candy/tessie bear
    - those mirrors can't do much for the sale of underwear. Our local swimming baths has a special cellulite mirror. You try your cossie on at home and all looks OK, just OK, then as you walk from the changing room to the pool there is a full length mirror and OMG it is a horror story, I thought it was just me but lots of other people say the same too, it must be the lighting.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been catching up on the postings and smile at the various things people write when their DH's make comments about their past slimmer weight. Mine says 'I'm the only thing that has kept up with inflation', he says it with a grin on his face so I can't be cross.

I fancy a vegetable day today so-
    L will be soup probably parsnip and squash as I've some in the freezer.
    D will be Veg curry with cauliflower rice
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've woken up feeling pretty positive about starting again!

Yesterday I did some old school exercises, swinging arms and legs, physical jerks lol. This morning I went to MrT and bought some reduced fruit and made a pineapple, mango and banana smoothie. I had bought some kale to add but chickened out - I might add it to a savoury smoothie later :p

I have one of the wedge cushions I had bought for sleeping on when I had a bout of heartburn, and it's been lying around gathering dust for the last couple of months. I suddenly thought of a wonderful use for it - sit ups! I'm too fat and unfit to do them from lying flat on the floor, but from the raised slope of the cushion I can manage it :T

Have a good day all :D xx
  • tessie_bear
    Options
    plus 1 lb for me please knitwitch thought i was on a downward roll but clearly my body has a different view....good luck all
    onwards and upwards
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Options
    Morning all.

B: porridge made with skim, frozen raspberries, golden syrup
    L: something in a meal deal as we have no fresh food and I need to shop
    D: depends how shop goes

35 min dog walk- I had to cut it short as they were completely hyper with the impending storm, the wind and 2 suicidal cats. I got back feeling like I had done a tug of war!!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Won't do my official weigh in until Monday, but I had a 'Let's see if I'm going in the right direction' on the spare scales and it has indeed moved in the right direction :D which gives me the motivation to not lose faith and to keep at the hard work.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • TiredTrophy
    Options
    Now in UK. No scales. Staying with friend who forgets to eat. Very hungry.
    I have a new device...my tablet broke....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure