PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all - back after a few days away. It all went great until the call from my Mum (looking after DD at our house) to say that the power had gone and the house alarm was going off. After many attempts to identify the culprit over the phone we ended up cancelling the dinner reservation, putting the dogs in the car and driving home. We identified that it was the boiler so turned that off and left Mum and DD with no heating but lots of blankets. DD was poorly too :( We drove back to the cottage arriving some time in the early hours.
    Alarm went off again at 4am apparently :(
    Home now and back to work - not entirely refreshed!!!

B: lo carb granola, berries, skim
    L: leftover beetroot salad, BNS soup
    D: shepherds pie

50 min dog walk.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Been for a run...ate chocolate
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    minus 2lb for me please....hopefully i am on a roll xxxgood luck to all
    onwards and upwards
  • Arrietty
    Options
    Hello all,

excellent running there Tired Trophy and dolly84 :T

Hope you enjoyed some of your time away MallyGirl and no doubt your boiler will behave impeccably now that you're home.

This weight loss journey is not a straight and simple one; yesterday morning I'd gone up a gramme after having been 140 cals under my budget the day before.

So, yesterday I ate up to the budget and event went a bit over and this morning I was 2 grammes down - mad eh!

I'm 2 weeks in now and I think the true realisation of it being a jounrey has hit home. I recognise how little food I actually 'need' to sustain myself and how I've been over indulging day after day after day rather than just now and then. I think that was the gist of the Slim People programme.

B: coffee and porridge
    L: tomato & basil cuppa soup with 2 of those kingsmill 'thins' - ha!
    D: a stroganoff thing with turkey fillets rather than chicken as apparently they're higher in protein and lower in fat.

Will probably have another coffee and 2 mini biscuits for afternoon snack.
    SAVER o:)
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Arrietty … 3/8 :):):)
    BearPearSun … 0/4.4
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 7.48/13.2 :):):):):):):);)
    CathA … 0/4
    CRANKY40 … 4.5/7 :):):):);)
    Dandy-candy … 2/6 :):)
    Debbiedodge1737 … 4/14 :):):):)
    Dolly84 … 4/10 :):):):)
    Donnajt … 6.5/10 :):):):):):);)
    Dumpling …9/15 :):):):):):):):):)
    Florence J … +1/7 :(
    Fuddle … 3/4 :):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 5.7/12 :):):):):);):A
    Gresleyrover … +1.2/5 :(:p
    Karcher … 4/7 :):):):)
    Katiepants … 2/20 :):)
    Knit Witch … 5.26/10 :):):):):):A
    Lynnejk … 7/8 :):):):):):):)
    Maisie M … 3/14 :):):)
    MallyGirl … 0/6
    Monnagran … 2/5 :):)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … +3/14 :(:(:(
    Short_bird … 0.5/6 ;)
    SIRENS … 7/16 :):):):):):):)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 3/13 :):):)
    TiredTrophy … 1/10 :)
    Zafiro1984 … 9.75/14 :):):):):):):):):);):A

6 st 7.99 lb :j:j:j:j:j:j :):):):):):):):)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good evening all,
    I'm home from my few days away yipee!
    What should have a nice few days was marred with a lot of stress☹️
    From sitting in a motorway traffic jam (2.5 hours) to somebody taking my suitcase by mistake, thankfully returned intact before any connections were missed😮 My guardian angel was working overtime on Monday!

I hope you are all doing well?

TTFN
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

TT - sorry to hear about your husband's father and the added stress of the financial side of things.

Zafiro - hope your hospital appt went ok

Carmen - sorry your weekend did not go as planned

I have just realised I have been awol for two weeks :eek:. I thought it was a few days but when I saw I last posted on 1 November I realised how bad I had been.

Anyway back on it as from tomorrow. Would have started today but kids wanted a chinese as hubster is away working for a few days and they felt that we should have a treat too.

So tomorrow will be:
    Breakfast: toast with ham and cheese
    lunch: Lentil, sweet potato and coconut soup (not sure what this will be like as DS made it at school today so I said I would have it for lunch tomorrow - what a good mum :rotfl:) I will take a sarnie with me just in case:rotfl:.
    dinner: Spinach and ricotta lasagne

Must make a conscious effort to drink more water as I know I have been lacking in this.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Apart from a few naughty moments because of exhaustion from the cold dark nights I actually am getting better at diet, I really am just having one take away a week now and last week didn't want one at all as had soup and toastie 2 hours before, still have that problem though of when I am drained of energy is when I crave food.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 November 2017 at 1:08AM
    Options
    My DH told me my hosp appt had been rescheduled for another day just as I was coming down the stairs after showering and changing this lunchtime. I didn't want to waste looking reasonably clean after dealing with the chickens and turkeys this morning so I went out and bought two pairs of tartan curtains for the living kitchen. 0nce back I realised I should have also got a 90" x 90" pair - so that's another round trip of 38miles tomorrow. - never mind.

L cup a soup - I've just discovered the new cup-a-soup from Batchelors, the spicey ones, and very nice and thick they are too.
    D one sausage wrapped in bacon loads of veg. SF jelly with yogurt stirred through it before it set, 1 piece of dark chocolate, 2 pieces of whole nut, two small glasses of red wine. I then moved the bottle to the other end of the kitchen to stop me drinking more. Reasonable amount of calories today but it could have been a disaster if I hadn't moved the bottle of wine. I even managed to get petrol earlier without looking at the 'treats' whilst queuing to pay - must be a first!!!
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh my goodness dolly...no way would I spend most of a day in running clothes....I look terrible in them.....haggis in lycra anyone?
    With that thought I shall get off my reluctant backside and give life a go.
    B. Coffee, beetroot juice.
    L....no idea
    D. Would like cauli cheese if I can get cauli somewhere...otherwise will be a quick pasta dish...even run out of tuna !
    Ugh..not a good day so far

At least you get out and do it regardless.
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Morning all - back after a few days away. It all went great until the call from my Mum (looking after DD at our house) to say that the power had gone and the house alarm was going off. After many attempts to identify the culprit over the phone we ended up cancelling the dinner reservation, putting the dogs in the car and driving home. We identified that it was the boiler so turned that off and left Mum and DD with no heating but lots of blankets. DD was poorly too :( We drove back to the cottage arriving some time in the early hours.
    Alarm went off again at 4am apparently :(
    Home now and back to work - not entirely refreshed!!!

B: lo carb granola, berries, skim
    L: leftover beetroot salad, BNS soup
    D: shepherds pie

50 min dog walk.

If you get a new battery for your alarm if the power goes off again the alarm won't, they are quite pricey but do last 10+ years.
    Carmen wrote: »
    Good evening all,
    I'm home from my few days away yipee!
    What should have a nice few days was marred with a lot of stress☹️
    From sitting in a motorway traffic jam (2.5 hours) to somebody taking my suitcase by mistake, thankfully returned intact before any connections were missed😮 My guardian angel was working overtime on Monday!

I hope you are all doing well?

TTFN

Motorway queues are so stressful, glad you didn't miss any flights.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family