When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Just been catching up on your diary- hooray for holidays and new hoovers! I definitely think a Hoover is a necessity- I seem to be constantly hoovering up after stepson when he is here, so heaven knows how you manage with 3! Settled down for a nice chill on the sofa tonight and found a bunch of cheerios (dry thankfully) slipped between the cushions :rotfl:think a sofa deep clean is on the cards this weekend!!

That's great of your OH to send you the Hoover money too- why don't you stash it for a rainy day as an emergency fund in case there is ever a week when you are a bit short, or just need an emergency bar of chocolate!!

DTD xx

The hoover is a life saver. Youngest spilt porridge oats (dry) out the cupboard earlier :eek: glad it wasn't a dustpan and brush job :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good idea on the money might treat the smalls to ice cream ;) or maybe they can have ice cream out the freezer :rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Also forgot to mention. A bill came in at £135 :eek: it isn't in the budget.

Usually this would be left to spiral and have fees added etc etc. Well not this time :money: paid £50 of during last week and £35 yesterday why we where so short. Another £50 to find over the next week or so. Must save for this when it's due in 6 months again. It's other half's really but I'll just remind him I'm taking an extra £5 a week or so out his spends for the next time :o

So while debt hasn't dropped as much this is why.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Just popping in to give you a little cheer.

Bills/unexpected expenses not in the budget have been a total pain for us - there seems to be something every month - a birthday, a school trip, a car issue etc. We're getting better at predicting and managing them, but I've realised we need an 'unexpected expenses' category in our budget, as there just isn't any wiggle room.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow thank you for all the replies. I will reply individually later. I've spent way too long reading EE''s diary so I have to get up and get my chores done :o

(
    hidden:eek: - that is a good few days of your life you will never get back. I could have just given you a synopsis - moan about debt, grand ideas to pay it off, moan about DH, end of month update with no debt paid off, moan about debt, grand ideas to pay it off, moan about DH, 6mth debt update when realise only £100 paid off in that time and continue:rotfl:

Have got a roast for dinner. I know it's a bit warm to be eating roast but I'm terrible for not actually feeding myself then just having toast :o I really fancied a roast so roast it is and I will make sure I sit and eat it :o
    I think I must have been born years ago and am a reincarnation - I believe in a roast every Sunday and at least 3 over Xmas. :rotfl:
    If for some reason I cant do a roast then I have to do one mid week. Yesterday we were out so I did sausages, scalloped potatoes, peas, sweetcorn and gravy but am now feeling the urge of a roast but actually don't think I will get a chance to do one this week - may do one Sat and Sun:rotfl:
    The roast was good! It's the first real dinner I've eaten in weeks :o DS was shocked I was eating dinner :o must make more effort to do this! I always sit at the table with them while they eat anyway! So I have no excuse!

x

[puts stern voice on] hidden, you must eat properly, how can you do everything all day every day running on no energy. your body needs food as fuel for energy. I know its difficult if you are in the cycle of not eating but maybe you could start with 1 proper meal a day and go from there?

:T sorry didn't quote but pleased to see DH moved some money into your account to help with the cost of the hoover and items for his mum. Maybe the message is slowly sinking in?
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Hidden
    Everything seems to be going well. Apart from the unexpected bill but you seem to have that in hand. Glad you got some money from OH for the hoover. Maybe he's beginning to see he needs to help you more.
    Have a good day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Just popping in to give you a little cheer.

Bills/unexpected expenses not in the budget have been a total pain for us - there seems to be something every month - a birthday, a school trip, a car issue etc. We're getting better at predicting and managing them, but I've realised we need an 'unexpected expenses' category in our budget, as there just isn't any wiggle room.

Thank you for stopping by. I follow your diary but haven't been brave enough to jump on and reply :o I think I have most things covered other than OH and his expense. :rotfl: Maybe I should lock him in a cupboard and we'd be okay :rotfl:
    hidden:eek: - that is a good few days of your life you will never get back. I could have just given you a synopsis - moan about debt, grand ideas to pay it off, moan about DH, end of month update with no debt paid off, moan about debt, grand ideas to pay it off, moan about DH, 6mth debt update when realise only £100 paid off in that time and continue:rotfl:

I think I must have been born years ago and am a reincarnation - I believe in a roast every Sunday and at least 3 over Xmas. :rotfl:
    If for some reason I cant do a roast then I have to do one mid week. Yesterday we were out so I did sausages, scalloped potatoes, peas, sweetcorn and gravy but am now feeling the urge of a roast but actually don't think I will get a chance to do one this week - may do one Sat and Sun:rotfl:

[puts stern voice on] hidden, you must eat properly, how can you do everything all day every day running on no energy. your body needs food as fuel for energy. I know its difficult if you are in the cycle of not eating but maybe you could start with 1 proper meal a day and go from there?

:T sorry didn't quote but pleased to see DH moved some money into your account to help with the cost of the hoover and items for his mum. Maybe the message is slowly sinking in?

I felt myself reading along nodding thinking wow this is me and whats happening here right now! :o I wish/hope I can deal with it all as well as you have!

Mine have a roast nearly every Sunday too, OH has always had a roast on a Sunday since I moved in with him back then. So it's sort of routine now :rotfl:

I'm just terrible for it getting to midnight and me thinking oh dear I've not had anything since toast the night before at near midnight :o :rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Maybe it is. I don't get my hopes up where OH is concerned :o I'll great fully accept his help why he's giving then still moan when he spends and leaves us short :o but I'm happy he's sent the money I didn't even ask :o maybe he will realise just how much I do actually do now he's off to see what's going on at home. He thinks I just sit on my bum all day I'm sure :rotfl:
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    I think a lot of partners who work think that's what goes on, my first husband drove me potty when he used to say he couldn't do anything when I had to rarely go out because he had to babysit the kids, one the fact that say he babysitting his own children and two how did he think I managed to get things done. :)
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good morning Hidden, Just been catching up. Unexpected bills are a pain but at least you have dealt with it and managing to pay it off, not letting it collect fees.

The holiday in October gives you something to look forward to. Glad you managed to enjoy last week without spending much.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay for DH sending over some money, that's fab. He sounds so much like my DH to be honest, just as I'm getting really annoyed that I seem to be the only one doing the debt busting he surprises me with a cheeky debt repayment of his own. Fingers crossed for more pennies winging there way to you and fingers crossed for the job.

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills