When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh my goodness I never look at the dates when I'm reading, I can't believe you have so many pages and posts in one month :eek::eek:

It just goes to show how many people you have behind you and you are doing fab with the amount you have managed to pay off in a month with such a limited budget, a holiday and running a cafe ;)

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent hun, keep it up :D x

Thank you :D
    emmie26 wrote: »
    Oh my goodness I never look at the dates when I'm reading, I can't believe you have so many pages and posts in one month :eek::eek:

It just goes to show how many people you have behind you and you are doing fab with the amount you have managed to pay off in a month with such a limited budget, a holiday and running a cafe ;)

Or just goes to how much I moan :rotfl: :o :rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Another wet day. Seriously we haven't had one dry day this week!! I feel so bad when the kids can't get outside to let of some energy.

We're having a baking day and using up all the sad bits of shopping from last week ready for tomorrow. Probably be pies/pasties using leftover meat and potatoes. Maybe some cheese ones too. Sausage rolls for DS. Soup and some cake/sweet things. Trying to get some more quick snacks food in the freezer because we never buy any and the kids had mentioned sometimes 'unhealthy' dinner would be nice. I hardly think we're healthy but that's their opinion because we don't buy chips and fish fingers :rotfl:

Speaking of which I want to try and make some fish fingers for youngest see if it will encourage her to eat more variety. If it isn't in the form of mash veg and gravy or sausage she refuses to eat it :rotfl:

Also have a huge pile of ironing to catch up on :o I always let it get behind when it's school holidays then regret it :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Your baking day sounds great and an ideal way to use up any bits too.

Could you try and get DD to help you with making the fish fingers? It may encourage her a little bit to try one if she knows she's made them?

Ah the ironing....hate it, so can relate with leaving it as long as possible.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    How about fishcakes instead of fish fingers for youngest? That also includes mash of course so she may be more amenable? You can always still coat them in breadcrumbs and tell her they're very special fishfingers for very special people as they're really rare cos fish with round fingers are REALLY unusual! :rotfl: Might just prove a bit easier to make and create less waste than traditionally shaped fingers IYSWIM? Great idea from PMo2 in getting her involved with the making though!

Ironing? Nope, sorry, no idea. :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Good ideas. Youngest and DD both have been helping. DS helped in the bits he wanted to then retreated to do man stuff with other half :rotfl:

Oh fishcakes is something I've never thought about before! Good thinking maybe we will try them too! We have quite a bit of fish in the freezer and sometimes we get stuck with the same things in a pattern. We also have quite a lot of pork (something I really don't like) it usually ends up being pulled pork because I don't eat it I'm never sure what to make with it.

Have offloaded some frozen bits my sister gave me to my neighbour. She was very greatful and her kids brought a homemade thank you card round :A

Soups in the slow cooker with all the sad veg and bits from the fridge. Cakes/flapjacks and cereal bars made along with sausage rolls and pasties with several odd fillings using bits up :rotfl:
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon HI,

So nice of you to give those frozen bits to your neighbour :A, I hope the universe repays you!!!

A treat tea in our house consists of something with chips (oven) and beans!!! If I ever let my kids choose tea its usually pasta as we hardly ever have pasta.

xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a great idea having a cooking day with the kids. They'll never go wrong if they know how to cook.
    I love pork but it's not everybody's favourite and I can't think of anything that would appeal to children particularly, Do they like stir fries or sweet and sour? Might be a little too "adult" for their taste.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Wow, HI - your cooking and baking day sounds amazing! I wish I could come for dinner at your place :)

It is so lovely to get your kids involved in the cooking, its a great way to expose them to new foods and foods. My aunt used to do the same with my cousins as one of them used to be an extreme picky eater and had lots of phobias about food textures etc. He's all grown up now and has such an expanded diet - he loves fish now too :)
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Baking day sounds ace. Whenever I do something like that with the DCs I'm reminded that actually it's not as difficult having them in the kitchen as I expect it to be.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure