E.ON Fixed 1 Year £75 Reward

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spooky_uk wrote: »
    Agree, kick in the teeth for customers that have stuck with them longer than 2 years. :mad:

As above Spooky_uk and thanks for posting. I've sent your comments to those looking after the product review we're doing at the moment. We regularly look at our approach and are currently redesigning our portfolio for 2017. Details will appear as we go through the next few months, mainly on our website first.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As above Spooky_uk and thanks for posting. I've sent your comments to those looking after the product review we're doing at the moment. We regularly look at our approach and are currently redesigning our portfolio for 2017. Details will appear as we go through the next few months, mainly on our website first.

Malc

We are also looking to move from Eon having been a customer for as long as we can remember.

Amazed, annoyed and frustrated are just some of the more polite words we would use to describe how we feel about Eon's treatment of loyal customers.

Please pass that on.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Yes it is.

Eon care to comment?

Just replied to Spooky_uk immediately above (post #82) POPPYOSCAR.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    edited 18 January 2017 at 9:40AM
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    We are also looking to move from Eon having been a customer for as long as we can remember.

Amazed, annoyed and frustrated are just some of the more polite words we would use to describe how we feel about Eon's treatment of loyal customers.

Please pass that on.

Thanks for the feedback POPPYOSCAR. I'll pass this on today. Appreciate where you're coming from and sorry to lose you. Your feedback will help with the redesign of our product portfolio during 2017 as mentioned previously.

Malc
  • nick_pike
    Options
    d0nkeyk0ng wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with Scottish Power? Am thinking of moving to them as they're the cheapest.
    You'll find Iresa significantly cheaper.
  • leaphtc
    leaphtc Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    d0nkeyk0ng wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with Scottish Power? Am thinking of moving to them as they're the cheapest.

Reviews from the past 6-12 months are shocking. From poor to no existing customer service to over charges and debit collectors getting involved. I haven't read anything good about them recently. I'm also in the process of switching but I'm willing to pay more yearly to avoid them.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I believe the majority of SP problems are with those that were switched from the old to the new computer systems - a major !!!! up occurred. New customers should be ok billing wise.
  • sandifoot
    Options
    My E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v19 due to end on 24th February duel fuel. I have been offered the £100 reward to switch to the E.ON Fixed 1 Year £100 Reward tariff with rates of Electricity:15.14p Gas:4.31p. I have been offered another non reward tariff which is cheaper
    E.ON Saver Fixed 1 Year v6 with rates of Electricity:14.83p Gas:4.01p with only £60 exit fee (£30 for gas and electric each)
    so I was tempted just to forgoe the reward as I would be increasing my bill by £264 with the reward tariff and only £216 with the non reward tariff and just sign up with the lower gas and electric tariffs but as I have read I can switch between Eon tariffs with no penalty I wanted to know if I was to switch to the reward tariff and wait till I received the £100 reward email would the lower tariff still be available to me?

Annoyingly the Eon site is down so I can't even check what the rates available to everyone are.
    Any advice for my situation
    FAO Eon offical spokesman - there is no information on your website that I could find about who you can use the vouchers with, i was only able to find out from this thread so I think it should be clearer on the email sent to customers and also on the site It was not even stated on the reward terms and conditions.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sandifoot

I don't know about the E-On reward vouchers.

But regarding your taking the reward and then swoping to their Saver v6, it would depend if that tarrif was still on offer. They have recently been in the habit of introducing new tariffs that only last a short time. For example their Saver v5 was only available for 2 weeks, before they introduced v6.
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 January 2017 at 8:30AM
    Options
    Hi sandifoot,

Matt17 wrote: »
    If I go for the reward tariff once i have received the £100/£75 reward will I be able to switch to any other Eon tariff that is available on the Eon website without paying the exit fees from the reward tariff?
    Thanks

Matt

Absolutely Matt. There are no charges/exit fees for moving from one E.ON tariff to another.

We'll email within 14 days of going on to a Reward tariff with an e-code to exchange for an e-voucher to the full value concerned. You'll have 3 months to exchange the e-code before it expires. Once you have the e-code, you can change tariff/supplier without having to return it.

Hope this helps Matt. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

Yes - You could switch from the tariff offering the £100 reward. You can switch between E.ON's tariffs at any time without penalty. Exit fees don't apply when moving from one E.ON tariff to another. The code will be emailed within 14 days of starting on the tariff.

There's no guarantee the Saver v6 tariff will still be available, as E.on are changing their tariffs fairly rapidly, at the moment.

However, there's very little variation in price between each new tariff, at the moment. There are also some collectives in the next few weeks, should E.on participate in these.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5577633

For the e vouchers - The full list is Amazon, Argos, Ask/Zizzi Restaurants, B&Q, Currys, Debenhams, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Pizza Express and Starbucks.

They don't all have to be used at once. The e-code can be split between multiple retailers.

It could still be worth taking this tariff for a short time, (14 days,) even if you switch suppliers? As long as you then switch to an exit fee free tariff, first. You're not going to spend £100 on energy in 14 days, are you? After all:
    Once you have the e-code, you can change tariff/supplier without having to return it. :D

hth

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts