Emirates Missed connection at DUBAI

Options

Comments

• Happychappy
    Happychappy Posts: 2,936 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The plot thickens

Attached to the email was the release form which I was to complete, however, the section to complete saying I accept full final settlement etc et already had another persons name on it and a different Emirate reference number ?

Whether Emirates are under pressure and inadvertently sent a template form, but unfortunately already completed for another customer, or this generates from Nigeria or some other fine country with entrepreneurial individuals has put me on edge, I have therefore emailed Emirates to ask them to send proof of their correspondences ? what a performance
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You could always ask for a cheque
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yep request a cheque. Did you incurr any other expenses such as food, taxis, hotels due to your flight problems? Emirates should refund these too.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Happychappy
    Options
    JPears wrote: »
    Yep request a cheque. Did you incurr any other expenses such as food, taxis, hotels due to your flight problems? Emirates should refund these too.

The only expenses were food as Emirates were appalling, they never offered vouchers, food etc, so these were bought at the airport, but unfortunately my wife didn't keep receipts

I am pleased after three years the claim is being settled, I have had further correspondence from Emirates stating payment within 7 - 10 working days, so will wait and see, but nothing from them about disclosing others customers details ?
  • Happychappy
    Options
    Just an update to show it is worth persevering

£529 paid into my account today, courtesy of Emirates ; )
  • JPears
    Options
    :beer::j:T:T Well done.

• Kalashnikov
    Kalashnikov Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 April 2018 at 9:45AM
    Options
    So as the thread originator i wanted to break from norms. And give you the ending to this long-winded affair with emirates.

Long story short... they paid my legal costs + 600 Euro x 4 for all travelling party members.

Money in the bank. Thanks for all the contributions.

have a nice summers day.

GOD I am LIVID!!!, Emirates are refusing to payout compensation because they are hiding behind some loop hole about how their airport is outside the EU and my connecting flight was flying outside the EU, even thou it was the flight from BHX that caused the missed connection and me reaching my final destination a whole 17+ hours late.

They had assured me they would hold the flight back when asked at BHX.

Dear Mr XXXXXX

I refer to your online feedback received yesterday, regarding compensation under EC261/2004.

Passengers are now able to claim for compensation for delayed flights from the UK where the delay to the arrival in Dubai is more than three hours and if the delay was not due to extraordinary circumstances which were beyond an airline's control.

A review of your case shows that you were travelling on flight EK038 from Birmingham to Dubai on 29 January 2015.

Flight EK038 arrived on stand at Dubai 2 hours and 16 minutes later than scheduled which regrettably caused you to misconnect with your onward flight to Colombo. As this is less than three hours, EU compensation does not apply.

For further clarification to avoid any doubt your departing flight from Dubai to Colombo, has no connection with the EU and does not involve an EU carrier and is therefore not governed by EU regulations.

Thank you for contacting us and for allowing me to clarify our position.

Yours sincerely

Customer Affairs UK
  • JPears
    Options
    HI kalash, well done and congratulations.
    I did wonder if you had got any further.
    DId you have to go back to Emirates or did they contact you, as they promised in their press release on the Gahan/ Blakely case?

• Happychappy
    Options
    Well done Kalishnikov, and thanks again for posting the original thread, without it, I dont think I would have got further, especially after Botts solicitor bottled out of taking action as in my opinion, they only want 30% or so, of easy money ; )
  • JPears
    Options
    Thats why we're happychappy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing