Blogger competitions - is it worth it

Options
So I have just seen a well known beauty / makeup blogger whose competitions are listed here state that she disqualifies compers on the quiet. So is it worth entering and hope she doesn't notice.

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I wouldn't bother giving her the traffic to the site, if she randomly disqualifies people that she *thinks* might be a comper, then the chances are she just gives the prizes to her pals anyway.

You should post who it is so that we know not to post their comps ... she'll see her advertising revenue go down and she might find that people aren't so willing to give her prizes to give away if her website traffic goes down by a fair chunk.
  • LadyMorticia
    LadyMorticia Posts: 19,899 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I never enter blogger competitions that say they disqualify compers just out of principle rather than anything else!

I'm a blogger and welcome compers with open arms. :)
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • 12LuDo
    12LuDo Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I only enter comps where I have the same chance as everyone else. Anyone who 'disqualifies on the sly' is not worth the time, because it takes away the element of fairness!
  • I-Owe-You
    I-Owe-You Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153354668438746&set=gm.910944352295197&type=1

I suggest you perhaps unfollow via GFC/Bloglovin/Twitter etc.

If she doesn't want to run competitions fairly, then she doesn't deserve your like or following.
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That link doesn't work for me?

(Possibly a privacy thing and I haven't liked the page/ am not a friend)
  • MillyVanilli
    MillyVanilli Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Don't actually know her personally at all or comment/interact with her online at all, but I genuinely read her blog, and have actually won two of her competitions in the past... :/
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    shes actually denying she said it now-saying she'll disqualify people on the sly says it all
    What goes around-comes around
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • GW78
    GW78 Posts: 372 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I follow her on all channels, often read her blog/facebook & occasionally interact. I wasn't just there for comps although I'm sure that's how I found her! If she's not going to play fair there's little point in me entering anything as I would be classed as a comper if she looked at my social media. Shame.
    Thanks to the members that post competitions, especially the regulars :A
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl Posts: 3,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't see it - a blogger is a business if doing it for reward, so should be named and shamed as other companies are on here.

I've entered bazillions of blogger comps and haven't won a thing. Maybe time for a mass cull on all my social media accounts.
    TOP MONEYSAVING TIP

Make your own Pot Noodles using a flower pot, sawdust and some old shoe laces. Pour in boiling water, stir then allow to stand for two minutes before taking one mouthful, and throwing away. Just like the real thing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure