PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Right DD we will have a ruck and maul!
    5 Chatted with millwright again yesterday about the harvest. We are getting proper corn inn as well. And the rat catcher that was here on Monday, his job is done and the culvert is running again.
    4 Mill is already organising its Christmas function. Happy cheers to all and goodwill. I thought did I miss easter!
    3 Had elevenses this morning with damaged cake of jaffa. I has written to the baker, but I destroyed the evidence!
    2 Night In house completion at camera club. Should get a good one. Usual rules, if mine score low, off goes the projector. I win, because I do the projector!
    And that is it
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) A nice swim this lunchtime.

2) Birdsong everywhere in gay profusion when Cookie and I walked the lanes today.

3) Drama and beauty of 2 male kestrels having a screaming talon to talon clash on the wing over one of the wilderness fields, I stood to watch and the smaller one finally winged off into the distance hotly pursued by the bigger one, knew they were both males from the colouring.

4) Blue flowers all over, hyacinths, grape hyacinths, early irises, crocuses, speedwells on the grass verges, violets and today some campanula (harebells) shyly showing their blue flowers nestled at the base of a wall, so pretty.

5) The best photo of little Orley smiling such a sweet little smile that DD2 sent through on He Who Knows phone, he's such a sweetie!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    MHags thinking of you all x What an awful woman in the bank ! As if you haven't got enough to deal with. Hope you can make an appointment with someone else next time. Had to grin at naughty haggis :D

1. lighter mornings and evenings
    2. a couple of days of sunshine
    3. stew in my slow cooker last night and enough for several meals
    4. had a walk round the nature reserve/pond in the last of the afternoon sun
    5. lots of flowering bulbs, daffs tulips & grape hyacinth (I recognise these MrsLW !) in my lawn
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 9:20PM
    Options
    Still here in NMex. With the kitchen drama. The lady I ordered (and paid) my granite counters for three weeks ago had not put in the order. She did so yesterday...after I called to inquire as to when they would be put in. :wall:

* It's slowly coming along.

* Quoye colored her face with markers again. When asked why she said she was coloring her kitty cat. I told DD1 to hide the scissors! The joy of being two!!!

* I ordered a huge wooden spice wall rack, had it hung on my pantry wall and filled it up today. It looks fab! Love love love it!

* The weather is gorgeous but windy. March in New Mexico! 95F yesterday. The local swimming pool doesn't open until the kids get out of school at the end of May. Then it's sunbathing by the pool! :cool:

* DD2 got two feet of snow in Pennsylvania. Better than the 4ft my childhood friend in Maine is having to dig out from. She got two day off work and was having a Netflix (in bed) marathons both days.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr Blackbeard of P I'm very curious about your mill now :) is it a working mill or a museum mill? We have a Museum mill nearby, it's a joy to visit.

Not owning a dog I do miss out on their antics. Cats are all very good and non-sensible, as the Internet will show, but they don't steal beautiful home baked biscuits! Well my 2 don't, though they will try to steal any meat left out to defrost and tackle baby bluetits like they are popcorn snacks :(

My cats are mostly a great pleasure in my day, especially when they give me shoulder / back massages!

Work. Work is my purpose and pleasure when things fall into place easily and actually happen.

That bit extra light outside even if it's clouded over makes a massive difference to my day. I'm so happy spring is on her way.

Started a new book and it's a keeper. I'm going to so enjoy this. The history of Japanese geisha.

Eating more fruit has been a joy. I eat plenty of veg and salad but seldom fruit unless it's an ingredient or a treat as a dessert. I've added portions of fruit into my day to top up on my 5 a day and fallen in love with oranges and kiwis :cool:
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone :hello:

What a day! Again. Goodness, it's all going on. Hormones are raging in my class, which means the whole thing is "interesting"!

Despite those hormones, there are still some pleasures.

1) HM Beef Keema for supper.

2) One of my lunch duty days at school, which means I get a free jacket potato, cheese and salad. :j :j

3) Cat cuddles. Love our cat.

4) More stuff thrown out. :j :j

5) Bed time. Ah, at last. I think I deserve a good night of sleep!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not a nice few days thanks to the ex Mr Frith throwing his weight around again, bursting into bigger son's school, sending nasty messages to smaller son and generally being a pain.

Pleasures for today (Thursday, thank goodness!)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) 2 quiet lessons at work today so spent some time stapling a display up.

3) Bigger son ever so slightly better and even chatty tonight for a short time.

4) Smaller son and I went to pick up our new front door! It won't be fitted yet, got to wait for horrible 1970s porch to go and new, more sympathetically styled porch to be built. The Ebay door just about looks in keeping with the Ebay windows bought last year, very solid and Edwardian - £50.

5) Really scraping for a 5th but I am enjoying wearing my new pyjamas, bought to replace those that met a terrible end in the great gastro enteritis outbreak of mid March 2017. :-/

Broken tooth is going to be mended tomorrow so that's something to look forward to - I think!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening from a slightly cooler day (25o with a breeze) it makes such a difference, back to being a hot potato tomorrow.

A very unsettled night but OH's Scottish funeral was taking place so I was interacting with people who had been. There was a good turnout and another lovely service. Phoned my niece, both sisters in law and friend.

Went a lovely dog walk with DD1.

Had a lovely lunch too, we shared .

Wrote an email to our oncologist, we have fund raised over $3000 on OHs memory in just one week . We want to donate this to our cancer hospital for research into his particular kind of cancer which is very underfunded.

Got a lovely email back from palliative care ward manager.she will call me next week to arrange for us to go in with our gifts.

This afternoon chatted to Sydney friend and my sister on phone.

DD1 tutors 2 local boys . Their mum sent her a text this afternoons could she just pop outside. The biggest lasagne we have ever seen ...I should get about 16 portions out of it....my job for tonight. I've just jiggled the freezer around to make room. Really kind of her...I just hope it tastes good!

Whilst jiggling I found a left over piece of steak pie and veg so just had that for tea. Finished the last of the strawberry cheesecake.

Ex FB 'friend' messaged me last night to say she didn't know why but we weren't FBF any more and she'd sent me a new request. She said "Really not sure what to say to you. Tuesday 'was a lovely day' - no it wasn't it was bloody awful!!! " so needless to say I shall not be re- friending her . She did offer help and is only a phone call away but no thanks love!
    Even though Tuesday was a sad occasion as it was my husband's funeral it was also one of joy and we celebrated his life and his love and in no way was it awful.

One moves on....just about to phone my nice friend from home who kindly did the catering for me yesterday at church.

All is quiet. Son out a concert, DD1 is doing uni coursework and DD2 is out for dinner..just me and my dog boy at my feet. Birds are singing and getting ready for bed. Our nights are drawing in earlier. As yours are stretching out. I'm loving all the descriptions of new spring flowers and buds. Our leaves are starting to fall.

Have a good Friday x
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. It's Friday and my day off.

2. Quiet early evening yesterday as no one else came home till 8.30. I was productive with tidying etc and I thought I was doing it all at a fairly leisurely pace but got loads done! Amazing what not being interrupted does.

3. DS1 girlfriend is in hospital with an infection and intravenous antibiotics. She improved throughout the day but needs a scan to determine cause of infection. They have discounted a couple of probabilities. She is getting good treatment.
    DS1 had yesterday and today off work as his 'weekend' so was able to be with her.

4. Caught bus to work. I was able to read my book in peace. It also made me focus so I left only a few minutes late.

5. Eating healthily and managing to eat my 10 fruit and veg easily. The portion sizes may have been smaller but a large variety.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 March 2017 at 1:24PM
    Options
    katkin wrote: »
    Mr Blackbeard of P I'm very curious about your mill now :) is it a working mill or a museum mill? We have a Museum mill nearby, it's a joy to visit.
    It's on the Floss. Actually mill is colloquial term for workhouse. I am in engineering design, so not a proper mill. It is a loose term to keep BoP and yous lot amused. But we really did have the rat catcher in the culvert on Monday, just after someone else muted what the place was. Oh the design. FADEC unit for the car badge holder, Messers Royce and Rolls! Ok! I don't work for them, but a consultancy!

Town looms tonight with the big Warster train due as well. More later!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure