IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Uk Parking Control Ltd

Options

Comments

• Llonus10
    Options
    Sorry I do apologise it doesn't sat they will 'give me a CCJ' it says 'If you dont contact us following receipt of this letter we will have no alternative other than to assume that you are avoiding payment. In this situation the account will be referred to our client for their approval to apply for a County Court Judgement against you.' And then it gives the costs of fees ect.

I'm guessing the same appplies though just ignore it?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You are correct. Just ignore.

The company cannot just "apply for a CCJ". It doesn't work like that. As I explained above, they have to go through the correct procedure and even then the CCJ only comes into force if the person doesn't pay whatever the judge orders. I wish these parking/debt collectors would tell the truth, instead of trying to scare people into paying up.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2014 at 6:19PM
    Options
    IF YOU ARE READING THIS ANCIENT OLD THREAD AFTER 2013 - WHY WHY WHY?

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP READING THIS OLD THREAD.

STOP!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Llonus10
    Options
    I have today received a 3rd letter from Debt Recovery Plus which is different from the 3rd letter that is posted on here on a seperate forum.

This letter is titled 'Further to our "notice of intended litagation" letter'

We have referred your case to our Client and proposing issuing County Court proceedings against you. 'If' the case reaches court and judgement is obtained costs may increase the debt as follows bla bla (total £253.99)

In order to stop this our client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of £119.19, providing the amount is paid within the next 7 days.

What a joke clearly they have no hope in hell of getting any money from me.

Any thoughts anyone? I am going to ignore it.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Carry on...
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • shortchanged_2
    Options
    Llonus10 wrote: »
    I have today received a 3rd letter from Debt Recovery Plus which is different from the 3rd letter that is posted on here on a seperate forum.

This letter is titled 'Further to our "notice of intended litagation" letter'

We have referred your case to our Client and proposing issuing County Court proceedings against you. 'If' the case reaches court and judgement is obtained costs may increase the debt as follows bla bla (total £253.99)

In order to stop this our client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of £119.19, providing the amount is paid within the next 7 days.

What a joke clearly they have no hope in hell of getting any money from me.

Any thoughts anyone? I am going to ignore it.

You have my full support. You must be really bricking it now. :rotfl:
  • Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    Llonus10 wrote: »

Offering a discount is a sign of absolute desperation on their part. Laughable really.
  • Llonus10
    Options
    Oh yes, I am completly bricking it now! :rotfl:
  • Llonus10
    Options
    I have this morning now received a 4th letter requesting payment.

However it has now been passed over to 'Parking Collection Services Limited' and the letter is titled 'Debt Purchased'.

The letter reads 'We write regarding an outstanding amount relating to a Parking Charge issued on 21/08/2010. The current amount outstanding is £148.99.

We wish to inform you that this debt has now been purchased by Parking Collection Services Ltd. It is our intention to collect and pursue this debt to a legal conclusion if necessary.

However, as this debt has been purchased by ourselves at a discounted rate, we are prepared to accept a discounted settlement figure of £89.99 to avoid the necessity of legal action.

Please note that this will be our only offer of payment at a discounted rate and that payment must be made within 10 days of the date of this letter.

Bla bla bla.

This sounds like another act of desperation to try and squeeze some money out of me which is just not going to happen.

Anyone have any thoughts on this as I am just going to ignore it??
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just ignore. As you said, this is a sign of deceleration on their part.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure