We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Options

Comments

• choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Alfie - that's too kind. We have too many windows for that in the kitchen. I will look at making a paper version once the place is finished. The plaster work is a mess.

I've done the last finish on the downstairs loo. It still isn't what I would call a good finish. There was cardboard put down to protect the floor, but what wasn't done was the staples were left in - the floor is all scratched in parts. I am so !!!!ed off I've thrown a complete wobbler at OH.

We have someone coming tomorrow to see about rectifying the kitchen finish as I cannot do it - it's beyond me. It's full height & everywhere I look is wobbly lines & lumps & bumps & ridges. It will be expensive, but it is a shambles. OH has finally seen that the person we had doing it is making a pig's ear of it (2nd person we've had doing plaster work that really isn't up to it) The place is depressing me. I have to scrabble to make a pound, we've been handing out good money for shoddy workmanship. It's so annoying - thing is OH should have known better, but he always believes folks when they say - it'll be okay once I've gone around it a few more times - as they've gone on to another part of the downstairs - no room is done right.

My shoulder & neck are killing me & that is just the smallest room in the house that is nearly there.

God for a bath, or even a shower. I just think I'll explode.....
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    choille....... get some measurements and you never know ... cant promise but can have fun trying :-)

or... when I get em I will give you measurements and you can use all that time you have on your hands to see if any of use ;):o
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Beautiful dollshouse in that photo Alfie
    Sounds like everyone is working hard on their various projects and gaining good ground.
    We are back from our trip to Devon. Thank you for the recommendations Dave we stayed in Linbridge in a beautiful stone cottage B and B. Short walk into Lyntin and Lynmouth, but up and down some very steep hills! Did a walk to winters meet which is stunning and up to the valley of the rocks. Did this on our first day there and was shattered lol. Had a leisurely drive down and did 2 national trust properties on the way. Also did Arlington court whilst there. We also drive round other areas close by-wollacombe, croyd even and ilfracombe. For us we definitely stayed in the best spot. I find something quite depressing/disheartening about full on British seaside towns...anyway, had a lively trip.
    Back yesterday but couldn't find my mojo but did some weeding and tidying. The garden is looking ok. Just needs a couple of years to all bed in. And more tree/shrub rejuvenating.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fay wrote: »
    We are back from our trip to Devon. Thank you for the recommendations Dave we stayed in Linbridge in a beautiful stone cottage B and B. Short walk into Lyntin and Lynmouth, but up and down some very steep hills!

Most of Devon is full of hills, but those are among the steepest you could have picked! :D

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Lynton/Lynmouth are fairly low-key. Not bucket & spade places like Woolacombe and Croyde. Croyde has come up a lot, with house prices to match, thanks to the surfing. Quite funny that it was a beach we locals avoided as teenagers, thanks to its reputation for drowning people! :eek:

The electricians cometh today....allegedly. :)
  • choille
    Options
    Alfie will be sitting here all year waiting for you to do that :-)

Years & year since I was in Devon - very beautiful part of the world.

Am off to a talk on using social media to promote business/sales, o that should be good, but maybe beyond my boredom threshold. Not good at sitting still & listening.

Poring down - so what' new - very wet cat shaking his hairy bits all over.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank fully weather hot hot hot today here ( only really thinking about the hay ). Garden is saying 'thirsty, thirsty.'. So am watering. Legs and back a bit iffy again today. Dog dog and I went for a slow road potter while the other two went running this morning, to take it easier than trying to keep her off hay, and heel me on nice level ground, but I think was still a bit much. :(.

First passionflowers out here! First ever time its fliwered, first time I've grown them. We have a couple, fir loves them.
  • choille
    Options
    Well back in one piece from the social media do. I think it could waste a lot of hours.

I have a passion for pasion flowers & get one or two from Morrission 's that do well, but I do overwinter them indoors. I just keep them potted. I put them in slight shade but they still flower.

Cold & down to a drizzle after being fat rain. We now have the thin stuff.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooo just seen weather forecast for Monday, not good..

I love passion flowers...
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Glorious here, but I was being Blue Van Man this morning in Exeter, picking up all the things we need before the weekend kicks off, when it will be more manic. ;)

Popped into a large garden centre in an attempt to buy a nepeta 'Walker's Low' which I noted during a garden visit recently. Huh! They didn't have any nepeta at all. :(

"OK" I thought, I forgot to order the sweet william 'Sooty' seeds so maybe...." Huh! Virtually no seeds. :mad:

I could have had a choice of over a dozen patio sets though.
    Which reminds me, I can put one someone gave me on ebay. :D

Currently bidding on a wheeled strimmer which I really need. Nowhere near here, but DD1 owes me for collecting the bed she won in Brixham. :p
  • Davesnave
    Options
    Ooo just seen weather forecast for Monday, not good..

I love passion flowers...

Horse woman gave me some seedlings. I've sold the lot, so they must be popular.

Monday might happen late Sunday, or Tuesday, if some of the recent accuracy is anything to go by, but the garden needs it here, and hopefully lir will have her hay in. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback