Can't Change Avatar

Options

Comments

• fussypensioner
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    It's very pretty, even if it's static!

Well I've tried another website and changed the image but its still not animated. :(

Your Blackbird now has a Christmas hat, very clever.
    Holding back the years...
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I've tried another website and changed the image but its still not animated. :(

Yes, Colinw put the hat on it for me two Christmases ago, then I kept it and roll it out very Christmas.

Glad I manged to post it this year, though!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• joansgirl
    joansgirl Posts: 17,899 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2016 at 10:05AM
    Options

With an animated image the file size is much bigger than a static image. Therefore you will have to resize not only to 80 x 80 (not 100 x 100 as somebody else said) but also to the actual size of the file. I believe it should be around 14kb. So with a moving one you will need to adjust the size further. This site should help, it's what I used. If I recall correctly it offers to remove some of the colours and also some of the frames thus reducing the total file size. I haven't been on there for a long time so not sure how it works now.

http://ezgif.com/resize
    floraison.gif
    Some people only exist as examples of what to avoid...
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Here's a weird one!

A couple of days ago I managed to change my avatar to my Christmas one......blackbird with a Christmas hat on.

I am on the green format when I'm logged in, and the Christmas avatar is fine on that.

However, when I'm not logged in, the forums are in the new blue/white format, and I've noticed that the Christmas avatar isn't showing on that format!

Dunno why!

If any of you are on the blue/white format, could you tell me what you see on my avatar? Does it have a Christmas hat?
    (I don't want to temporarily change over to the blue/white format, in case I can't get back to the green one, which I prefer).
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• joansgirl
    Options
    Here's a weird one!

A couple of days ago I managed to change my avatar to my Christmas one......blackbird with a Christmas hat on.

I am on the green format when I'm logged in, and the Christmas avatar is fine on that.

However, when I'm not logged in, the forums are in the new blue/white format, and I've noticed that the Christmas avatar isn't showing on that format!

Dunno why!

If any of you are on the blue/white format, could you tell me what you see on my avatar? Does it have a Christmas hat?
    (I don't want to temporarily change over to the blue/white format, in case I can't get back to the green one, which I prefer).

It's the same when you're logged out Pyx, when logged out they are all the old avis. I don't know why it is. Another glitch that won't get fixed I suppose :(
    floraison.gif
  • Pyxis
    Options
    joansgirl wrote: »
    It's the same when you're logged out Pyx, when logged out they are all the old avis. I don't know why it is. Another glitch that won't get fixed I suppose :(

How weird!

So, let me get this right; when I'm logged out, people on the green format see the hatless (old) blackbird?

Strangeroonie!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    Options
    How weird!

So, let me get this right; when I'm logged out, people on the green format see the hatless (old) blackbird?

Strangeroonie!

Nooooooo, I didn't mean you personally, I meant "you" as in everyone!

It's in the eye of the beholder. When people are logged out they see the blue forum and the old avis. When people are logged in they see whichever forum skin they are using, and certainly with the green format, they see the new avis. It doesn't matter who is logged in or out, that status does not affect your current avi (as far as I know).It all depends on whether you view the forum logged in or logged out.

When I'm logged out my own avi is still the cosmic one. Logged in it's the reindeer.

I know, that's as clear as mud!
    floraison.gif
  • joansgirl
    Options
    I've just changed forum versions and you can't see the new avis on it. What is the point :rotfl:
    floraison.gif
  • Pyxis
    Options
    joansgirl wrote: »
    I've just changed forum versions and you can't see the new avis on it. What is the point :rotfl:

Right.

So, I'm logged in. On the green format.

I can see my Christmas Avi and your Christmas reindeer Avi.

What format are/were you on when you could/couldn't see the Christmas Avis?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• joansgirl
    Options
    Right.

So, I'm logged in. On the green format.

I can see my Christmas Avi and your Christmas reindeer Avi.

What format are/were you on when you could/couldn't see the Christmas Avis?

I can see the new avis when logged in on the green format.

They don't show when I'm logged out or when logged in on the blue format. (I think that maybe it doesn't get updated very often as I changed my avi a few weeks ago but for a while the blue format showed the old avi. It did eventually change.)

It makes no difference if the person whose avi I'm viewing is logged in or logged out.
    floraison.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure